Discussion Poll, How many prefer femdom or pretty boy×charismatic overbearing woman novels?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Rubyspecs, May 7, 2022.

Tags:
?

How many prefer femdom or pretty boy×charismatic overbearing woman novels?

1. I love reading them

2. I avoid them like plague

3. I have given them a try it was satisfying

4. I have given them a try, the plot, chemistry are all great, but I can't like it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rubyspecs

Rubyspecs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like you prefer these more than the basic white bunny or cute fl and mature, handsome, tall guy oozing with hormones?
    Like idk if the environment Iam brought up in , or how my psychology works towards views on relationship between man and woman, or pretty cute young boys aren't my type, I can't help myself to bring to read the novels with ml losing out to fl in maturity or aggression or whatever, the cliche qualities. Like I can't see ml as , say like the typical image of a shou in bl. I guess I love reading the cliche types haha

What do you think? I would like to hear about it.

2. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't say I prefer them tbh, but I don't dislike it either. Rather than that, I actually like those types with manly man pretty/cute boys! :aww:

KnightML likes this.
  3. ngard

ngard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I prefer novels where neither of the main characters are on any polar side of a spectrum, which is quite hard to find. That would mean that none are "extreme" in either appearance, wealth or intelligence, or even personality where one is either incredibly overbearing or meek. Just "normal" so to say.
    However, as I said that is quite hard to find, so although they tropes/cliches you mentioned is not my favourite, I wouldn't say I avoid them, just not first choice.:)

4. twinfish

twinfish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I prefer flipping the script over the stereotypical CEO BG romance novel. For those super stereotypical het romance novels, I get super frustrated by the way the FL acts or the ML will piss me off or something. Maybe I'm not reading the right BG romances because a lot of the MLs will have the personality of a cardboard box. Not appealing to me.
    For novels where the FL is the one in charge or the more aggressive one, I just find a little more interesting and a little more appealing. I agree that its better when neither of the leads are too extreme but I think a cute and gentle ML is super nice!

Mr. Tired, zoefleyl and KnightML like this.
  5. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel neutral, having a femdom FL X nice, cute ML is interesting too
    ( Please whoever is the dom , don't be haughty like that of those common BG CEO novels )
    For me, the synopsis and the plot matter the most! If the synopsis can brace my interest , I will surely give it a go.

6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Avoid them like the plague because I find in them as much potential for toxicity as in their obverse. If your partner is seemingly uncomfortable with something, his response should be given as much consideration as if were the case were his sex flipped, but sadly, it is often trivialized, where the same visited upon a woman by her male partner in fiction would usually raise more eyebrows. :blobconfounded:

7. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends. I enjoy light femdom, but really overbearing characters are unappealing to me. It's not just when the woman is too overbearing, it's the same if it was a guy being too overbearing. Those kinds of characters rub me off the wrong way. If it's light to medium dominance, I'm fine with it. It's hot some times.

KnightML and Rubyspecs like this.
  8. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not something I seek out, but if I come across one, it's a nice change of pace.

KnightML likes this.
  9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    well its like innocence shota x ara ara MILF.....
    rarely see those but it exist~
    tbh this cat read only for the moment the Dom tease Bunny~ once a awhile is good but if too much.... this cat prefer baka couple over domxbunny~

Senros likes this.
  10. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't like dominance and overbearing streaks on either side.

11. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Avoid (I'm exploring the NO CP options at the moment).
    I prefer equal partners when I do read, which cuts down my options a lot.

Resplendor and KnightML like this.
  12. vithc

vithc eternity's nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess? I think it's more that I just hate basic stereotypical dynamics tho:blobsalt:

KnightML likes this.