Discussion What novel would you recommend to your mom? Why?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ppeach, May 3, 2022.

1. faxel

faxel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ppeach what book did you eventually gift your mom?

2. ppeach

ppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The official English translation of TGCF. She like fantasy and romance, so I thought that one would do.

faxel likes this.
  3. faxel

faxel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good choice! :blob_plusone:

ppeach likes this.
  4. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing. She tolerates none of the stuff I read so I wouldn't have anything to recommend (the least criticized book she caught me with is a book uncle left from Jo Nesbo- crime, detective, thriller kind of thing. She found the genre distasteful and morbid. That's the mildest rebuke I ever received on my reading material).

Shit, if I got her something like a book of Ciaphas Cain series I don't know if would she die faster of a heart attack or disown me, lol.

ppeach likes this.
  5. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least it's not something like 50 Shades series (not that I own it, though mine would probably got similar reaction to your mom if she know me following stuff like Nana to Kaoru and/or Stjephan Sejic's Sunstone) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

6. AlexScramble

AlexScramble New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an excellent novel called The Master and Margarita

I think it would be realistic to take some steps toward learning a new language after all. At least it will still give the right level of growth.

7. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its more that her mood shifts like the stormy sea.

When I was a kid, she was once in a good mood when we went shopping/walking into the city, so she got me 2-3 deck packagings for Yu Gi Oh.

Come next day and I have to wrap them in plastic, stuff them in empty carton box of some kitchen appliance in the basement (the carton was there, not the kitchen thingamabob) so she doesn't burn them.

Little bro and I didn't get to play with them much, aside from occasional tied matches (much like the anime, we weren't consistent with rules so nobody won) and they were mostly hidden and thrown away after we forgot to shift the hiding spot.