Japanese The old man discovered his natural talent at the age of 60

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by gautam1989, May 11, 2022.

1. gautam1989

gautam1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese Title:
    わしジジイ、齢六十を超えてから自らの天賦の才に気付く

Publisher: Syosetsu, Kadokawa

Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n2787fc/

Cover art:
    [​IMG]

Description:

In a world where special abilities called skills appear, the old man Dill suddenly gained power one day. Unfortunately, it was a combat-specific ability that would be difficult for older people to handle. "I'm at a good age now ..." The second life, which came too late for an old man over 60 years old, is about to begin.

Why It Should Get Picked Up:

In most fantasy stories the MC is very young, usually a teenager. There are very few where the MC is an experienced old man. This is even rarer because it's an old man who's awakened a great power and technically a 'rookie'.

Also from the spoilers I've seen it seems the old man recognises his limitations and uses his abilities to serve as a helper and mentor to others.

2. Eisvarith Devirea

Eisvarith Devirea [Mza {Valkyrie Awakens} Mya]

Reading List:
    Link
    i havent check yet but suppose he is a 60 year old man, will that be something or anything not to get wrapped up, literally being dragged around by girls, being a doormat, or such a generic isekai protag?
    cause if the things or only thing unique about this series is one of which what i said above, this series is no different from others.
    and most importantly does it have a 'plot'?

3. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, he's kind of shrewd and he treats the girls as proteges, no romance there.

It doesn't have an overall plot, the old man just wants to get out of the house and use his skill to do something useful with his retirement as an adventurer. But the story moves in a logical direction(What his objectives as an adventurer are, what he needs to do for his companions etc).

4. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
  5. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link