How important is money

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Grandpa_World, May 12, 2022.

1. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I am struggling to earn money for my future wife since she somehow spends a lot of it on Books and Food stuff. Life is hard, and in cynicism poverty is a virtue. But to keep my mistress happy, I have to work hard and start threads and post a lot recently. Maybe you could spare a coin or 2 for a poor old man that is working his back off?

Anyhow, if you are in a relationship, how important do you guys think money or the earnings of your significant other are?

2. NirvEND

NirvEND That time my NUFfamily started a cult&caused chaos

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is this future wife anywho?!?

Mmm that is for the couple to decide? Depending in where you live, how life is, how the laws are and cost are. That decision could largely be decided for you.

Most places without a higher end job, you won't be able to support two people your self. Even if you did your partner would still need to significantly contribute to your life style in some way to be fair.

This is all regardless of genders by the way.

Most places both people need to work full time to get by. At that point managing money is likely tight. You both have incomes not strong enough for both but good enough to make a difference together. At that point money becomes important to your relationship to get by. If one is over spending or poorly managing then the other will end up having to make sacrifices to get both by while losing out them selves.

Then you have concerns with things like laws, the idea of how closely tied you become with your partner financially even if things break off is rough in some places. Tho fair given the culture or life style of an area.
    Some places still see it as a woman's job to be a house maker only. While that's fine and well if it works out and is desired by a couple. It's honestly scary in my opinion to be beholden to your partners income without a deep level of trust and understanding between two people. Being unable to make independent financial decisions and have a back up should things fall apart is worrisome.

If things are secure however financially to be able to get by, save and thrive. Then I feel money becomes almost a nonfactor in a relationship as it's not long a necessity to just get by.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    Grandpa_World likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, money is important to get the things you want to get~

It's not an absolute necessity to be rich or anything, but you still need money for a bunch of daily need thingies, so like... Well, you gotta have a stable income and the like at the very minimum~

4. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    About 10+ years ago. I had a choice money or love. My career was as a Merchant Mariner for the USA. If you look it up starting pay can be anywhere between $50 to $400 an hour. All expenses paid for until job is done because you’ll be working on a ship. The bad part is you could be gone for weeks, maybe months at a time. No way you could keep a relationship like that. So I focus more on control of my hours. The job I have pays for everything barely, but I control my hours. So if I need to be somewhere I want to be or do. I can do it because I can start whenever I want. Just as long as I put in 8 hours. Best part is I do a bunch remotely.
    As to answer your question. Finance is important, but not as important as love. At least that’s how I see it

ReaderReader and Grandpa_World like this.
  5. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, imo my *own* earnings are pretty important~ And even more important if I'm in a relationship. But for the money/earnings of my SO, I think it's alright as long as he can support himself sufficiently. :blobxd::blobneet:

Grandpa_World likes this.
  6. Grandpa_World

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my point of view as well. As long as they are able to live on their own, it doesn't really matter what they earn.

Shizukani likes this.
  7. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like it's less about money and more about your perspective on your career.

I have no problem with two people from largely different economic backgrounds or capabilities being together, but I do feel that people with different economic goals will differ in compatibility.

8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arent those the same?

9. Grandpa_World

Reading List:
    Link
    You can have money or other assets without earning any income, is what I meant.

10. Wayang Emperor The First

Wayang Emperor The First 《The First Loli》《Cute Little Kid♡》

Reading List:
    Link
  11. PeanutButter and 23 others

PeanutButter and 23 others Purple Platypus Bear w/ Pink Horn & Silver Wing

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of my problems can be easily solved with money:hmm:

Nightow1 likes this.
  12. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have your love, you need to get that money. If you don't have your love, you still need to get that money. There's a reason this world revolves around money.

Nightow1 likes this.
  13. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty important, a lot of divorces happens because of money problems in general.

Nightow1 likes this.
  14. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot. So that she can leave me if I start to treat her badly. I have seen too much women just keeping their mouth shut and bearing all humiliation just cause they don't have anywhere to go... I can't even imagine how it must feels like. While I'm sure I will never hurt the person I'm with but people changes and there's nothing to say I won't.....:cookie::cookie::cookie:so yeah I would like it if she was capable of taking care of herself.

15. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link

It's important till it isn't. Simple as that.

Grandpa_World and Nightow1 like this.
  16. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like others have pointed out, lack of money can be a very big source of strain in a relationship and one that can break it, so yes it is important as a factor to keep family peace, not to mention if you want to have kids. In reverse, lack of time together with your SO is also a factor of relationship stress, so you just have to balance both. The people who say that they can live without money are usually the ones that have money in the first place lol.

Mr gentleman likes this.