ngl i would be pissed too

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kingeddie, May 16, 2022.

1. kingeddie

kingeddie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there are so many novels where a maid or a "commoner" comes and just snatches the princess title/place out of nowhere. i'm going to be honest, if i had to train for years to be queen only for some random bitch to steal it--i would be so pissed too. i don't think those antagonists are wrong in being angry and scheming.

youmee, iamuareme, hinasw and 16 others like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine being groomed only to lose your groom. :blobpeek:

Dr_H_16, Has and Aqua_the_idiot like this.
  3. kingeddie

Reading List:
    Link
    "i'm sorry but i want to marry this barely literate maid" "bruh"

is how i imagine the convo goes

Has likes this.
  4. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is why i love the cannon fodder/villainess counterattack themes. just love it when the "pure kind heroine" and sob prince/og ml gets faceslapped and puts back to their place.

Dr_H_16, Has, Iruma666 and 4 others like this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ignorance is bliss. :blobpeek:

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  6. Reedusk

Reedusk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.

7. Ricelord

Ricelord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I think authors fail to do this type of story right. If the poor commoner was as amazing as rumors had it - I think the plot would make more sense. Instead, all the stories make the other characters worse such that the poor commoner seems better in comparison.

asriu and kingeddie like this.
  8. kingeddie

Reading List:
    Link
    my biggest issue is that the other characters are written to be useless and, more often than not, all looks and no brain. like these women have probably had to go through the most rigorous and stressful training, they aren't going to lose their position through some petty shit talking.

this is why i think a capable maid does the political tension and fighting so well. everything the antagonists do is so sneaky and hidden to the point where it's almost impossible to actually find evidence that they did something. it's smart how they

9. Deleted member 310942

Deleted member 310942 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The worst thing about those stories is the fact that everyone else is only "bad" for the sake of being bad. They're actually skilled, but they're usually dumbed down to make the MC look outstanding in all aspects. Every other person is just a foil for them. I prefer the stories with the villainess striking back. If it's written with actual thought put into it, then the other characters won't just be a foil, and they'll be 3D characters with actual thoughts, feelings, and reasonings.

spchntrt, asriu and kingeddie like this.
  10. MahotsukiKonran

MahotsukiKonran √¶∆℅¥×¶÷π√ ™°℅{^¢¡¿∆ \\£¥^√π¥℅¶∆÷√ ©¢¥®<®]¡¶∆¿

Reading List:
    Link
    The ones were the so called villainous lady when confronted responds with a "is that so its finally over goodbye" and leaves than they find out she was the only one holding everything together as they fall to ruin

evanesco99211 and kingeddie like this.
  11. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Like, even though it's political, it is always a personal choice whether to stay loyal and be kind to one's fiance/spouse. So, while I'd be pissed off at the opponent regardless of their position (maid or not), I'd feel more of a burning hatred towards my own ex-fiance / ex-spouse. Although, I'd probably feel relief as well at the time since I dodge the piles of dung. Still, you can bet I'll be scheming if that shitty couple is about to ruin myself with their actions.

Same. I always put myself in the MC position that's why I got disappointed a lot especially when the villainess MC gets wishy-washy and gets back to the stinky dung. Like, love what love? How do you even fall in love and STAY in love with someone who treats you like shit? Nowadays, I immediately drop a lot of stories after visiting the spoiler threads because I just can't brain MC's decision.

Unfortunately, it actually makes sense even if we think it doesn't as it happens a lot in real life, especially, in relationships and at workplaces. I would know. I lived it (mostly as a spectator though).

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  12. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Forget the fiancee, the king would probably at best disown the prince so he can be with his beloved commoner girlfriend as a commoner himself.

Or else the villainess's family and a lot of other nobles would rebel due to the royal family destroying its credibility.

People don't generally get to decide their own marriages in a feudal society...

Dr_H_16, asriu, Iruma666 and 3 others like this.
  13. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes same as people who wait thousands of year and spends innumerable effort to get a treasure only for the protagonist to snatch it at the last moment

Lol that's pretty tame tbh I can already imagine what kind of horrible things might be in store for that unlucky one

14. Accismus

Accismus Icarus

Reading List:
    Link
    Amen.
    Imagine hearing all your life since the day you are born "girl you gonna marry the prince the kind and queen also said it so you gotta prepare for it and you have to work your ass of for it"
    I for one can not imagine a queen that does not have proper etiquette.
    Somewhere I read that Mc forgave a maid for a expensive broken vase and let her stay without any punishment or pay cut while the "villainess " threatened to fire her.
    Look if someone broke my expensive vase I would cut their pay so they will be careful next time.
    I've got a helper and she broke a lot of my China and glassware forgiving doesn't work you gotta punish.

Can't handle Mary sue MC who is just innocent and is chosen over literal Nobel woman who knows how to handle situation without crying pretty.

Iruma666 likes this.
  15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's adulthood taking care of our thinking too I guess.
    When I was a wee naive lil girl, story like cinderella and prince charming were reasonable and 'they're made for each other'.
    But now I know, it's not all that rainbow color.
    From a lowly commoner to a queen is totally impossible unless you're made of iron and cannot bleed.

Iruma666 likes this.
  16. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Whether it is right or wrong, I still have a hard time having much sympathy for noble or royal characters being possessive about their "place".
    These are usually spoiled characters that either look down on people with actual hardship or are indifferent to them.

Iruma666 likes this.
  17. ExiledMage

ExiledMage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When the commoner could rule the country better :p

18. Has

Has divorcee and veteran nuffer

Reading List:
    Link
    I would feel kind of appalled as citizen like "??? So... We really putting this completely unprepared girl as our queen??? For real??" And then i would move out bcs wtf bro

evanesco99211 likes this.
  19. powwder

powwder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naw they are wrong. I mean i understand why they would be pissed but it doesn't excuse scheming. Just because you trained for years to be someone's wife doesn't mean you get to be that person's wife. I mean it sucks to be you but you still have everything you learned in your training but the dude just didn't like you. Take the L and move on.

To further my point, lets switch the roles. Imagine a princess and some dude who was engaged to her. The dude was raised to be her partner but the princess didn't like him for whatever reason. Should she be forced to marry this dude because he was raised to be her partner?

20. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, she should.

Do you think our subjective taking sides would change just because the MC is a woman? And we should use our double standard here too?

Being born high in society have its own obligatory too.
    What they carry are not their own happiness or lack thereof but the expectation and wish of parties related.
    You're given all the goodness in life with you being born of a noble/royal family. Yes, you might have rough and tough things too. Yet, you have to do what you must do with what your status and privilege have given you.
    Dont only want to accept and receive but not to give back.
    The noblese oblige.

asriu and evanesco99211 like this.