Recommendations Romance, slice of life

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by fakhruddins, May 19, 2022.

1. fakhruddins

fakhruddins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m looking for novels/manga/animes where its main focus is romance and slice of life (or at least one that has a relaxing vibe to it). No drama, no love triangles/love rivals, very very very little misunderstandings. To be honest, there’s 4 types that I usually find;

1. School life.
    Now there are alot of school life romances, however, a good number of them have drama in them. So usually, the ones that I find to enjoy are those that have the comedy tag on them.

Some examples include; Shikimori’s not just a cutie, Soredemo Ayumu Wa Yosetekuru, Komi-san wa komyushou desu, Uzaki-Chan Wa Asobitai, Hanging out with a gamer girl, Sukinako Ga megane wo wasureta, Kubo-san Doesn’t leave me be, and many many many more.

2. Going back to the past. (Not to their own life)
    These are a comfort read of mine. Some of them focus on the living in the __’s period part more, some of them focus on the relationship part more, while some of them have a unique ‘thing’ that they put in the title to lure readers in and which they focus on throughout the story.

Some examples include; Back to the sixties, Rebirth to the eighties, Second Marriage in the 1970s, and quite alot more that i just forget their names.

3. Isekai
    This one is a mixture of slice of life, romance and a bit of adventure. To be honest, a lot can fall under this category but the ones that i read have less adventure and more of the slice of life aspect.

Some examples include; Chillin different world life of the ex-brave candidate, I may be the hidden boss but I’m not the demon lord, slow life at the frontier, My entire class was summoned to another world except me, and many many more.

4. Transmigrated into a book.
    Now this is the one I have the most difficult finding and the one I always get the most annoyed at. Finding these kind of stories are easy, but finding ones where there’s actually no drama or misunderstandings are hard. When I do find one, they either don’t have a lot of chapters, is dropped, or changed from one tl to another and the quality drops

2. GlueGod

GlueGod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. fakhruddins

fakhruddins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. GlueGod

GlueGod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd the say the 2nd one has more drama (some amnesia arc and etc.) - the first one is a pretty clear relationship between the leads - the drama is more on how they explore other ppl's lives.