Discussion Non subtle ways authors force plot

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Emissary Nouvelle, May 21, 2022.

1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the oh she's someone I know so I can't just sit idly by and watch her die although it's very likely I'll also fie because I'm weaker than the foe but oh wait?!! What's that? It's a bird. It's a plane. It's plot armour here to save the day.

Insert ad: plot armour is a versatile tool that allows no character development by letting idiots do idiotic things and have no severe consequences as someone else in their situation.

So yea not that. Something more blatant like a sentence you always see. Like "He could sense she had no Ill will towards him" scenario: handing over something important to a person/strong /old person. Or meeting them alone to discuss something.

Like Bich what are U psychic? You read minds? You study human behavior for a few decades?

I see that like so often I shake my head, it's obviously forcing the plot yo justify and idiotic decision where if the person was evil, idiot mc would die and the story would end immediately.

Jevanka926 and i1111991 like this.
  2. PoSunBanYi

PoSunBanYi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First, most stories are lacking respect from their authors and when they realize that they are making a story and not a journal-like novel, they improvise, and trash developments occur. As for plot armor, IDK, that's just a slang for hate so whatever.

3. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    What I hate is how shitty authors force romance...
    The male mc (also happens on female mcs with one night stands i guess)must have a beauty but author doesnt know how to write romance or harem so author just put aphrodisiac plot. The choice is either doing it or death.

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hee....
    here
    aphrodisiac poisoning lead to snusnu but not on snusnu novel? is it a trope?
    hmm its like emei stuff~

Mr gentleman likes this.
  5. i1111991

i1111991 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is why I tend to avoid Chinese novel, coz it happened a lot.

6. Filli

Filli Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me it's when the author introduces a plot device or a McGuffin to move the novel forward and set up future plots. But when that said plot happens the plot device is either not used or obsolete in any way, shape, or form because our "Oh so great" MC has this SSS+ tier skill or ability that can answer practically anything the author wanted to solve.

It's really annoying and I often drop novels with plots like these. Like, what am I reading? Filler novel #921121?

7. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    "Who knew where she got the strength, but she gripped his arm tightly so he couldn't move to help."

Delicate female villain, repeatedly shown as weak, sickly and fragile, holding back big and muscly ML from saving the drowning MC (the woman he supposedly loves more than life), after said female villain and ML argued, with him being all snide to her. My eyes still hurt from rolling them so far back my eye sockets.