Recommendations Genius/Innovative Cultivator MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Overclock, May 24, 2022.

1. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would appreciate any novels that has the following.

1. Cultivation or Magic world. Sci-fi can also be a element mixed in.

2. Mc is not a Regressor or Reincarnator.

3. Mc is talented and innovative with his skills. He can incorporate the skills, magic, or theories of Ki/magic he sees in his journey to his own techniques. Examples would be the mc sees a enemy skill or finds a cultivation technique diagram, can learn it and improve upon it using his own knowledge for battle.

4. The mc regularly just sits down and thinks of ways to improve himself and make breakthroughs in new technology and skills. Most importantly of all readers see he enjoys making new discoveries.

5. Ideally the mc's journey is far from easy. He's almost always in danger and pushed to his limits physically and mentally. And it's fine if its a gradual thing, but the mc learns from mistakes or being outplayed by his enemies, and develops into not just a powerful warrior but a cunning one as well. Essentially he wouldn't fall into a trap he would have earlier in the novel due to a lack of experience.

Paps likes this.
  2. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be very for you to find it u should tone it down a lil bit

3. NO-USERNAME

NO-USERNAME Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Throne of Arcane, seems pretty close for me

Overclock likes this.
  4. Itzissy

Itzissy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A wizard's secret

Overclock likes this.
  5. LuciferMorningstar365

LuciferMorningstar365 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try Paragon of Sin. It fuses the plot elements you mentioned with a deconstruction of the Cultivation protagonist.
    I will warn you that while it pokes fun at the formation of harems around "blessed" heroes, it unironically makes the protag irresistible to most women. He handles it somewhat differently than most xianxia protags but I know that these kinds issues can take readers out of a story.

Overclock likes this.
  6. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind harems. I actually tend to dislike the love interest of main characters, so having more is good as I can at least hope to find one I like.

Personally now a days I prefer harems that are honest about why they like/want the mc. Strength, political power, or even to get him to do things for him. Love is good, but it's not everything. And the man isn't obsessed with pure and kind women and is aware why women want him.

7. Joospinch

Joospinch Don't click my avatar!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like you read Tales of Herding Gods and wanted more, really you describes it very well and if you didn't well there's a recommendation for you.
    If we have to name a special talent the MC has is that he is very good at making techniques, top tier techniques that he uses and what crazy is that he gives them away to allies, none of that shit where MC's hide their deepest secret even from their family. Actually he was so good his potential was limitless but he decided to forsake the path of creating new cultivation paths because his people need him and can't wait a million years for him to succeed in his endeavor, he cries over it but still decided to do what he thinks is right.
    He is pretty much always moving constantly, there's a reason for that but let's simply say it's because he is burdened so he can't really sit down to relax. There was a chance for romance until the MC shut it down, love interests are there not too many 3 or 4 and It might be a harem but it would probably only ever happen when the story ends and as an afterthought because MC himself although has someone he likes, struggled and chose not to pursue a love life and sacrificed it for more important things until the day 'humans' no longer need to live a worm's life. So he basically ain nobody got time for bitvhezz sigma life grindset LESSS GOOOOO

Overclock likes this.
  8. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I already reccomended this one but oh well this is a Western cultivation novel not an WN or LN so you would need to buy it, Prodigies (Heaven's Laws) by Apollos Thorne, Mc as the name suggest is a prodigy on a branch of cultivation that at his stage shouldn't be impressive, he lacks an outstanding physic and the rest of his talent in cultivation is 'normal' only in his handling of 'Heavens laws' does exceed the norm, this force him to constantly reevaluate how he use them, the benifts of it and how they help him in his cultivation, not to mention how he interacts with different elemenst. Is quite the enjoyable read, is not solely focused on MC cultivating, there is also others plot points. Not to mentions that the secondary's characters are as interesting, his dad most of all (for me at least). Here is a link to te goodreads page where you can see some reviews of it https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59024114-prodigies

Overclock likes this.
  9. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    The Healer Demands Payment