Discussion What’s the one thing you don’t want to hear a military person say?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cutter Masterson, May 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    The question is “What’s the one thing you don’t want to hear a military person say?”.
    For me it’s when a First Lieutenant say “I have an idea” or “In my experience”. It’s a good time to start running. What about you? What phrase or quotes come to mind when thinking about this question.

2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hate it when military men try to defend war just because they joined the military they somehow think that they need to defend the cause because they joined it instead of being open minded they just become attack dogs agaisnt anyone who speaks against the war cause.

milkyfoxz, Lurking and your crush like this.
  3. Norame

Norame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go eat a crayon~

I disliked it when they address me as ma’am just because it makes me feel so old

I think it just makes them feel what they sacrificed were worthwhile and worth their effort as military attracts all sorts of negative thoughts and depression.

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't meet military people

5. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Never meet military people
    But if they say something, it definitely better than they don't say anything (and later aim their gun at you and one of them brings a black cloth bag that fit your head)

your crush likes this.
  6. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    That is also a thing, but I think it also has to do with all the brainwashing they do before they actually let you see any action or even do any type of mission.

6 months of verbal abuse breaking you down mentally and physically and when it all ends most of those guy come out thinking that those ppl who trained them are their friends it is a type of Stockholm syndrome.

milkyfoxz, your crush and Baldingere like this.
  7. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    watch out!

if he says something like that, I'm near him, I'm unaware of the danger, probably I'll die.

8. Norame

Norame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s interesting

if you could share, what country are you from?

Since the bootcamp in the US, the longest length is 13 weeks long or (2.99 months) and that’s the Marine boot camp. Although there’s no physical abuse, it’s more like a mental and physical exhaustion since it would damage a member’s military career if they lay their hands against another member (though there could be covered up cases). There is no longer intentional verbal abuse right after you graduated bootcamp. And most of the recruits trainers loosen up their attitude and their verbal tirade after 3-6 weeks.

your crush likes this.
  9. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    all I know is that they have a lot of words and abbreviations I don't understand
    in my country, serving is compulsory so whenever I run into a bunch of male friends chatting about it, it just sounds like gibberish to me

AliceShiki and your crush like this.
  10. Accismus

Accismus Icarus

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk? I grew up dreaming about joining army and when I knew I couldn't I just admire them a lot, I guess whatever irks me from a normal human would irk me from a soldier too.

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    camaraderie? hmmm buddy buddy stuff? try to hide the bad thing other military personnel have done.... spirit de corps perhaps? see more bad side than the good one.... some people just like exploit stuff like that~

btw on training this cat personally not wanna hear about rules....

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno much about military, but I have a friend who spent a while at the marine and... Uhn... Honestly, there isn't anything in particular that he would say that would bother me more than anyone else saying it, so... I don't want him to say the things that bother me. Same for any other person, really~

13. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    " Back in the golden days..." That's just about the time anyone should consider the exit.

Honestly people need to cool down a bit on the military zealous behaviour. It was a different world back then, when countries where deliberately riled up in justice and waged unnecessary wars. So many lives were impacted, so many took part that it's a global fault and the whole country/s should be guilty.

instead what do we do? Glorify the past, martyr generals that quite possibly were working towards extending the war instead of peace. So many atrocities were white washed. It's just hard for one to understand what's is there to feel proud of?

Ps: anyway, I know their efforts are the reason we get to have this peace and all, I respect that...but don't F**king glorify it into " golden days".

14. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    I lived in Cuba till I was 8. when my dad was 16 he had to do mandatory enlistment he told me all about it. they do beat their soldier at least when he was enlisted they did.

15. Deleted member 25261

Deleted member 25261 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Men work in a different way, but you have a point in brainwashing.

This explain a lot.

16. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    it does, but I have friends who went to the marines since I travel often their mom's asked if I could bring things for them since they only get to make a quick call when they get there and send letters and e-mails.

I know that military in the US doesn't hit you physically, but they do have their own level of physical abuse while they get you in shape that training is meant to get you in shape, but it's also made to break you before building you up.

milkyfoxz likes this.
  17. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I'm a military person" a friend of mine uses it as an excuse for certain behaviors. I kind of get tired of hearing it.

milkyfoxz, asriu and Cutter Masterson like this.
  18. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    First. Thank you for your service.
    The second is that I wasn’t expecting so much negativity. I was expecting a play off of what I said. Like there was this one time the chef of the boat sent me to go get some (make believe) part from the ship or something. I was just going to let it go and let everyone say there thoughts and drop it.
    Still it good to know there are others here. Thanks for replying

19. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh I'm not in the military. A friend of mine says that he was former military a lot to excuse certain behaviors.

20. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Priority boarding!"