Question God Of Slaughter or King of Gods

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Kadda7, May 25, 2022.

1. Kadda7

Kadda7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Starting a new cultivation novel, which do you prefer God Of Slaughter or King of Gods ?

2. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer King of Gods 100%

Kadda7 likes this.
  3. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    King of Gods is better unless you like the MC to have occasional sexy times. God of Slaughter is not bad after you get past the initial 'slaughter' part.

Kadda7 likes this.
  4. slarbi

slarbi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    god of slaughter has way to woman luck while king of gods at a point his eye cultivates for him but overall the later is still better

Kadda7 likes this.
  5. Ignorant-Aristocrat

Ignorant-Aristocrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't read King of Gods, but God of Slaughter is pretty similar to Against the Gods if you read that.

Kadda7 likes this.
  6. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read both. But I will go with KoG because of the eyes techniques.

Kadda7 likes this.
  7. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both great both fell off towards the end. Beginning to Mid was top tier binge worthy material though. Especially considering I first read them when they were being released years ago so the cliches hadn't cemented yet although they were starting to.

God of Slaughter: Women, No deep relationships except one main heroine though in the end I guess ..well like I said terrible endings for both doesn't really wrap up well but basically it's a harem and He's not a simp. Lot's of blood and murder still my favorites. Probably due a reread soon although I'll likely skip the last parts.

KOG: from what I remember like with God of Slaughter, it was interesting at first, he slowly unlocked it's potential of the eye and moved upwards I'm the realms, has a romance with (1or 2?) Girls but that's it. Straight cultivation. Like I said ending is pretty bad it goes straight generic the last arc it arcs nit generic "oh everyone does this' but plain generic, young masters everywhere, kill the young the old come, get chased, get stronger,.kill.

Nothing wrong with some generic stuff a little while to kill time but if it's starts out great and then degrades. Then that's a big difference.

Beginning wise, I'd give God of Slaughter the edge. Word building, Cultivation system and such such. King of Gods is slightly behind.

But despite all I've said, they aren't 10/10 novels even without the trash endings. But I'm not too picky once I like something so they good enough for me. Shame about the endings though.

Thinking of them reminds me of the days Martial World,.A will Eternal and the rest were regularly updating, Against the Gods was just starting it's little annoying hiatus habit back then too, TDG, so many memories.

Kadda7 likes this.