Discussion Luo's Book Club (C-novels)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by luoxinle, Feb 2, 2022.

?

What novel should we read in September?

1. Cannon Fodder Fake Master Was Stunned After Being Reborn

2. Source Of Calamity

3. Outrageous

4. The Legend of Sun Knight

5. No vote

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nana24

Nana24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've finished 5 novels on the list.
    I like to read BL novels with HE.
    Few of my favs: Global University Entrance Exam (GUEE), Kaleidoscope of Death (KOD), Mr. Dior.

luoxinle likes this.
  2. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! Are there any books on the list you'd like to read together? Feel free to choose one you've already read, if you'd still like to discuss it with us when we read it.

3. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    How's everyone liking this month's book so far? I really enjoyed it!

It is time to vote for June's book. We have a couple of old options on the list and lots of new ones. Be sure to let me know if there's a book you'd like to see make it onto the poll next time!

Our options:
    The Eldest Daughter was Reborn is a modern BG rebirth story. It should have lots of face-slapping and business intrigue.
    Like Pearl and Jade is an ancient China BG story by the same author who wrote "Very Happy", "Ascending, Do Not Disturb" and "To Be a Virtuous Wife". It should have a strong female lead and a doting male lead, with some face-slapping and palace intrigue along the way.
    The Emperor Has an Illness is an ancient China BG story. According to reviews, it's a relatively fluffy and easy going story with a doting and protective male lead.
    Back To The Beginning Of Ming To Do Charity is an Ancient China novel with a transmigrated-to-the-past male protagonist. It's a kingdom building story, and should be heavy on political intrigue and relatively weak on romance. There is a rape tag, but I went to the spoiler forum to check, and it's a side-plot about the protagonist punishing or preventing rapists. Use your discretion, and as always, feel free to skip it if you don't want to read it even if it gets chosen.
    Give You Two Green Hats is a quick transmigration BL about a man who has been cheated on or otherwise treated badly world-hopping to repeatedly slap faces. Each arc will likely have a different genre, so expect to see lots of variety and lots of face-slapping.
    I'm not voting this month is just what the name implies! If you don't plan to read this month's novel, or want to read all of them and can't choose, vote for this choice.

You can only vote for one, but be sure to comment with your second and third choices so I can include them in next month's poll. Happy Reading!

@asriu @ChocolatChan @Eccentricstate @ExiledMage @Kaylee @LazyWalnut @Mental waifu @MsEliteNEET @mYboiS @Nana24 @Neverthelessilu @ReaderReader @rialm @Szara @ToastedRossi @writtenforcup

4. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I put in a vote for Back to the Beginning of Ming. Second choice is Emperor has an Illness.
    Thanks for all your hard work!

Neverthelessilu and luoxinle like this.
  5. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Back To The Beginning Of Ming To Do Charity sounds interesting :blobsip: And I'll put Give you Two Green Hats as number 2

DojaDoge and luoxinle like this.
  6. Nana24

Nana24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hii, I've voted "Give you two green hats" since I've read it b4 & have interesting arcs.

writtenforcup and luoxinle like this.
  7. ExiledMage

ExiledMage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not voting this month, I’m very busy with final exams as it is next week.

8. Eccentricstate

Eccentricstate ❀ Face-Slapping Champion ❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Voted for Back to the Beginning of Ming to do Charity! Thank you for looking into the rape tag, saved me looking through the comments :blobsweat_2:

DojaDoge and luoxinle like this.
  9. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    We'll be reading the book for the whole month of June, so you may want to vote for one of the shorter books and join us at the end of the month - we don't all read it at the same time, so no pressure to start the book at the same time as everyone else. As you'll see from our previous discussion threads, we all post under spoiler tags, so you can read our comments when you get to the chapter we're commenting on. There's also a "no vote" option in the poll.

Either way, good luck on your exams! 加油!

10. DojaDoge

Reading List:
    Link
    Best of luck on the exams!

luoxinle and ExiledMage like this.
  11. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, i like to join, it sounds fun

luoxinle and DojaDoge like this.
  12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    QAQ skip~
    just put the result this cat will catch later when it possible~

luoxinle likes this.
  13. writtenforcup

writtenforcup i wanna fffff

Reading List:
    Link
    i vote for the emperor has an illness (first) and back to the beginning of ming to do charity (second)
    @ExiledMage good luck with finals!!

luoxinle, DojaDoge and ExiledMage like this.
  14. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! Please introduce yourself; what kind of novels do you like to read? What are some of your favorites? Be sure to also vote in the poll!

Make sure you vote in the poll. I'll be going through the comments for second votes, but the poll is the only want to count your first choice, since there's no way to tell who has voted and commented and who has just voted or just commented.

15. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello fellow reader, my name is BeardyRABBIT, my favorite novel is Fantasy Novel, any kind of fantasy. Currently im immersing myself in KR Webnovel, such as The Return of Mount Hua Sect and Barbarian Quest, because i read the Manhwa. As for CN Webnovel, im continuing some old ongoing series like Legend of Ye futian or Emperor Domination and I almost cought up with Amber ad Infinitum. My favorite Fantasy Webnovel is Lord of Mysteries and as for Xianxia it's Pursuit of the Truth, and as for Romance, My Mister Ostrich maybe my all time Favorite. Lastly i vote for *Like Pearl and Jade.

DojaDoge, writtenforcup and luoxinle like this.
  16. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a couple more days of voting to go, and less than half of the votes are in - there's still time for any novel to win this month's poll. Make sure you are voting in the thread poll at the top of the page!

writtenforcup likes this.
  17. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
  18. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you started reading this month's novel yet? I started a bit late this month, but everyone has been great about using spoiler tags to mark what chapter they're on, so it was easy for me to join the discussion. We've also had a few recommendation requests for similar novels, and some folks outside the book group joining the discussion.

Come join us!

writtenforcup and DojaDoge like this.
  19. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm picking out the novels for July's poll, and I can't decide on the fifth option. Any advice? Here are my options.

By the way, I've listened to you all about your second choices from the last poll, so don't worry, these will all be in this month's poll:
    Like Pearl and Jade
    The Emperor Has an Illness
    Give You Two Green Hats

writtenforcup likes this.
  20. DojaDoge

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty happy with this Month's poll. But Devil Venerable is also on my To Read list. Thanks!