Movie Thor Love and Thunder Trailer

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Goblinslate, May 26, 2022.

1. Goblinslate

Goblinslate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So yah... I'll be honest, I did not have much interest from what I saw in the first trailer. This one is something else. Somewhat hyped now.

2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    The Marvel movies are still alive? Wtf

3. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im surprised by the fact that you're surprised.

Jojo775 and TouchMeLikeASpaceBar like this.
  4. Goblinslate

Goblinslate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are practically the only movies alive right now.

5. anotherAniket

anotherAniket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The teaser was pretty interesting. After seeing the trailer, however, I'm worried that there won't be much focus on the antagonist Gorr. Hope he gets enough screentime as Chris Hemsworth's censored ass and not just two fight scenes.

6. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Not hyped at all, as a comic fan I haven't really enjoyed much from marvel lately at all. But, i always end up watching them anyway. I hope its good tho, just not expecting much.

tekinwillie likes this.
  7. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On the contrary, I thought we would get a movie more about Thor finally evolving from jock teen to mature adult of his species. And there would of course be a romance sideplot to suffer through.

This trailer instead highlights Jane Foster even more (also the Mjolnir cucking gag saga continues eveen further beyond).

Ragnarok had him "learning to drive" his powers and he got cocky from that which along with hubris of other heroes (and complete fuckups like Star Lord) let Thanos succeed in his goal they had to damn timetravel to fix.

I have nothing against Taika Waititi making the movies comedic, after all, Odin's parenting is a joke for example and Ragnarok had good bits like the Quinjet and Point Break's return, but Thor is still rather far from divine or competent. After a fuckton of movie buildup time, no less.

With this trailer, it instead looks like we are getting some Eat, Pray, Love with Chris Hemsworth and then the reaal hero(ine) will kick in and also kick in the main villain's teeth.

That's pretty fucking sad for a character that's supposed to be quite relevant to the overall plot of Avengers and whose saga this supposedly is.

What's next? The Odinforce will instead recognize Jane Foster or someone even less related to Asgardians, long as its not Thor?

8. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Marvel and Disney are just making "content". It's not good, but it makes money.
    I'll wait for Critical Drinker to see if it's an exception worth watching, but hey surprisingly new Top Gun is excellent so finally something good in the last ....6 months.

Grom4ik1 likes this.