Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think in book 2 she doesnt stutter anymore. A bit here n there but not obvious at all. She even join millitary meetings n talk there. So yeah i could say her stuttering is cured now.

2. Ruth simp

Ruth simp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isnt it friday today??
    Why there is no update?

the english writer and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  3. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it would be really good if Maxi spoke to the Duke without stuttering, because when she saw him all the time, all her efforts were undone.
    If she could talk to him now, without stuttering, confidently, without fear, that would be a remarkable development for her.
    So as a last conversation before he dies.

It's a little bit to early 1:45 h and then we can read the new chapter :confused:

4. sarah0208

sarah0208 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its still an hour more in the releasing time

Ruth simp likes this.
  5. treyyy

treyyy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im curious about riftan's ancestry. in his pov it told of his insecurity of his birth origin and how he's always faced with racism because he's from south pagan (?) and idk where in the world is that. which race and ethnic group does he belong to? and im guessing maxi is of European descent?

Cukooformaxiandriftan likes this.
  6. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Riftan's mother is from Southern continent, maybe Lakazim. The author said she imagined it to be a bit like arab world and maybe a mix of south Asia I mean she mentioned reincarnation is one of their systems of belief, so I assume she also took inspiration from Southern Asia.
    And people in western continent (where all the 7 kindoms are: Wedon, Livadon, etc..) call people from southern continent pagans. Author mentioned that in the southern continent there are many religions unlike in western continent. And that there was a time in history when parts of southern continent were part of Roem Empire (I mean she took inspiration from Roman Empire so that checks out, many of the mediterranean countries were under the rule of Roman Empire -Turkey, Morocco, Egypt, Palestine etc. So countries not only from Europe but also Africa and Asia.)

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  7. sarah0208

Reading List:
    Link
    Waaaaah why no update til now?:blobsneeze:

MissuzCalypse, YesA17 and SifuRue like this.
  8. SifuRue

SifuRue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it’s been 5 mins already

YesA17 likes this.
  9. Ames2021

Reading List:
    Link
    where is chapter 158? i've been refreshing ridi page like 50 times already :cry:

oh it's here... reading now

10. MissuzCalypse

MissuzCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    158 is here!!! EDITED NOW

Overall, a funny and cute chapter. But it’s just a filler episode. #teampregnant

The chapter started with Maxi asking questions about the public bath. But Elliot just cant answer her. He just keeps saying that the place is not fit for a lady like her. But Maxi is not having it. She is still asking questions.

So Ruth just bluntly said that the place is a brothel. Then he told Maxi not to get close to him (?) If Maxi insists to go to the bath, Riftan will definitely have a seizure.

Maxi was a little shocked that Ruth and Elliot know about the brothel. Just to end the conversation, she just said that her presence would spoil their enjoyment, (if the two boys do intend to enter the bath.)

Then Ruth spat back with a funny narcissistic remark like, how dare she thinks that way about him. He would never do such thing with a person he doesnt know EVEN IF THEY PUT GOLD COINS ON HIS CHEST haha

Then Elliot said that he doesnt like it. On his defense, he just naturally came to know about the place due to their experiences in the battlefield.

So Maxi got a little worried… She saw Riftan in the front of the procession and thought that if he showed even a slightest interest in the bath, she would never forgive him hahaha.

Anyways, they stopped marching… They decided to rest and camp out beside a stream until the supplies arrive. Mind you, they are still near the public bath. hahaha so Maxi feels so agitated.

And then Riftan called her. He led her to a two-storey building. Basically he wants her to stay in a nice room and bed. But Maxi said she wants to be beside Riftan. Riftan replied that he wants to be alone (guilty!!!). And he made her remember what happened last time they were beside each other.

She went as far as telling him they can still sleep in one tent but two beds apart HAHAHA but Riftan shut her down.

Maxi can’t take it anymore and she becomes sulky. She yelled she doesn’t like it. She pointed to the brothel and told Riftan she can’t leave him alone hahaha Riftan found it absurd that she might not trust him.

But Maxi told him she trusts him. What she worries about is a woman sneaking in on him and knowing Riftan’s tendency to sleep-snusnu, might mistaken the other woman as Maxi hahahhahahah

11. sarah0208

Reading List:
    Link
    i have a question

so after the first dance with Sejour and 1week snu snu with Riftan, finally Riftan met Uslyn and Hebby. Uslyn reported about Balto and the conivance with the old chiurch , and the Anatol ships being held. Riftan instructed to hire more Priests as much as possible and to keep the surveillance in Balto. Does anyone has a theory on this? what's the use of more Priests??

12. Ruth simp

Ruth simp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean indian subcontinent?? Yeah most of the people here have skin colour like that if riftan

heyitssuzy, Tiniecarrot and na3_no3h like this.
  13. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, some of the fans mentioned it in Q&A and author said that she kinda see south more as arab (she probably has the desert fantasy style in mind) but that is okay too.
    And Southern continent might be huge as far as we know so there might be more cultural influences ;)
    I mean western continent is a one big mix of vikings, celts, teutons, Greece, Italy, France etc.

Lola_Neres, Tiniecarrot, Amya and 2 others like this.
  14. the english writer

the english writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love Ruth in this chapter, as blunt as ever, but at least he saved Elliot's blushes, bless him. Ruth is so funny, I do miss him. And, confirmation that Elliot indeed does NOT use brothels, just as we thought/hoped.
    Love Maxi, I'd feel the same way, because let's face it, who wouldn't want to try their luck with Riftan! X

15. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha that was so funny :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

16. Ames2021

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 158 hahahha this chapter their conversations so petty i laughed all the way until the end :ROFLMAO:. Riftan doesnt want to sleep with Maxi *afraid that the accident might happen again* so he asked her to sleep in another building while he sleeps in the barracks. But the barracks is located next to the public bath! :ROFLMAO:, . So Maxi is sooooo determine not to allow Riftan sleeping alone in the barracks, they are fighting over this matter until the end of the chapter :ROFLMAO:

17. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes Ruth is Elliots saviour. These two are so cool.

18. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    And I respect Ruth for his bluntness :D instead of beating around the bush quickly explains to Maxi why it's not suitable for her :ROFLMAO:
    Also I think RDKs in general probably don't visit brothels. The romances probably bloom in court with the maids and Noble ladies during banquets etc.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I mean they have the chivalrous code also.. and are renowned knightly order so they need to keep up high standards

Lola_Neres, QJgunth, Bentoo and 4 others like this.
  19. Flyinghigh79

Flyinghigh79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maxis argument with Riftan is brilliant! Im guessing next chapter Riftan relents not finding any counter argument and they share a room together!!

20. Ames2021

Reading List:
    Link
    or Maxi will be the one sneaking into Riftan's barrack at night :ROFLMAO: