Discussion Novel adaptation to manhaw. Art style

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by zoefleyl, May 25, 2022.

Tags:
  1. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is only me but Nothing more disappointing than you waiting for your favourite novel to get manhaw adaptation then for the Arts Style to be disappointing and doesn't suit the story‍♀️‍♀️ That stuff hurt me so bad now I don't even be wanting for my favourite novel to get manhaw if the art not good just leave it as a novel and they be giving the most basic and boring story the most beautiful.

2. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Me seeing INEBM manhua for the first time. Imo, chinese manhuas are SO behind compared to korean manhwas and webtoons. Don't even get me started when the artists don't even make an effort to make the characters look accurate based on the novel's description.

aShinyVaporeon and zoefleyl like this.
  3. zoefleyl

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my God yeah that is so annoying I myself I will pick a good art or a decent art over anything. It is so awkward reading with a bad art because when they describe a person especially ml as hot or sexy but the art is not showing it is so awkward for me that's like one of my biggest problem when the description doesn't match the character.

4. Aqua_the_idiot

Aqua_the_idiot my decisions are justified by my name

Reading List:
    Link
    goodness gracious I absolutely agree! It's just so disappointing and I immediately stop myself from reading the manhwa and only continue with the novel cuz I know I will be only hurting myself if I continued with the manhwa.

zoefleyl likes this.
  5. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or when the manhwa artists change the story/characters plot or invent new character for mc just because there's no female character that's handling the 'heroine' role in the novel.

zoefleyl likes this.
  6. zoefleyl

Reading List:
    Link
    I try to be respectful to artists that do manhaw, so if I do not like the art I'm not going to say something I'm just going to stop reading. something it be so disappointing because this be a story that I read the novel and I was so happy when I heard news about it getting manhaw just but the art was so disappointed I just dropped it I kept reading the novel because it was so much better and one more detail so.

7. Novel Monster

Novel Monster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As the Lady Wishes is the best example for this.
    The drawing style went from 10 to 1 in quick succession.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

zoefleyl likes this.
  8. zoefleyl

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my God yes this one I think they change the artist I was so disappointed

Novel Monster likes this.
  9. Novel Monster

Novel Monster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm putting it on hold, while hoping that it gets another redraw.

10. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    There are manhuas with great art as well, at least among original stories, but for whatever reason the novel adaptations seem to be getting the bottom of the barrel.
    Although I will say there are some pretty horrible art to be found among korean novel adaptations as well, especially when it comes to background art.
    And a lot of korean webtoon artists seem to be using the same generic art assets, I've seen one particular castle/palace model pop up in several dozen different webtoons by now.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    Novel Monster and zoefleyl like this.
  11. ansusta

ansusta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ikr , way to disapoint you
    but well , it really is a good surprise when it's the other way around , like , i ship my adversary x me , when i saw the artstyle of the manhua i was like , i can finally die in peace

12. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell me about it. I was so happy when 7 Seeds got an anime, only to see a shitty low budget, stiff animation, ugly-ish simplified character designs, and so on. And the story is so damn good. What a waste. Studios just don't believe in shoujo anymore. They just go for otome games and anime with a crapton of bishonens with a thin plot. Except for Beastars but that's really not my type. As for shonen...I'm still waiting for Suicide Island, or Shamo, or Dance, Subaru, or Kokou no Hito, or Vagabond. Guess I'll die and rot waiting.

zoefleyl likes this.
  13. zoefleyl

Reading List:
    Link
    My was the way of a househusband I I've been reading the manga forever and I even watch the life action and I heard it was getting a anime I was so happy like the best day of my life just for me to go watch the anime and it was so bad it wasn't even an anime it was a slideshow with a voice over I still watch the show because I love the story so much but it was such a bad animation that I almost cry

ludagad likes this.