Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, so that what you meant. Sorry, I didnt understand.

It doesnt change much to make it 2 or 3 books. Just do whatever you're comfortable to do.

eekaargh likes this.
  2. mtlpurgatory

mtlpurgatory Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for your work.

eekaargh likes this.
  3. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah since I am reading Hanne in 2 languages vice versa, politics within it is kinda deep like their plan to link/marry one of theirs to Ehrenfest without knowing what the other Duchy really needs (inconvenience), Hanne is just innocent and hasnt grown like her brother and the 1st lady. Some might get bored. Kaylee think it has full romance stuff (I dont think so) but we didn't know the full intent of all her suitors yet.

eekaargh likes this.
  4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah.
    I stopped around her 2 dunkelfulger suitors were wooing her. And she was thinking of who she should choose since her wish for Wilfred didnt get through (Nooooooo....my ship). And then the goddess of time borrowed her to have a word with Romain.

eekaargh likes this.
  5. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    2 haha. There were like 3 if you include the 10yr old. All of them from the same bloodline 2 cousins (Kentrips, Lazantalc) with different mother and a half brother (Laofreg). I don't really like Hannelore to stay there, if she was me. If I was dumped by Wilfred I'll choose Orthvene. But author will do what she has to do. We'll see if she gets the suitor she needs.

eekaargh likes this.
  6. eekaargh

eekaargh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I think this is another reason why I have'nt read Hannelore's spinoff - I read somewhere here last month that Wilfried turned her down and I also ship them :notlikeblob::blobsob: To preserve my Hannelore-Wilfried ship, I'm pretending the spinoff did not happen and sticking to AOAB ending :blobowoevil:

Message me when they end up together and I might translate the spinoff :blobcheeky: Hmmm... I'm beginning to sound like Myne :blobowoevil_horns:

I feel your pain...my Wiflried-Hannelore ship is sinking :notlikeblob:

Raven D. and saix2 like this.
  7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since she's the next goddess incarnation, many suitors have come for her.
    I forgot, there's Orthvene, then another lord candidate from greater duchy, of course the 10 year old too. They were the only ones I knew of.
    I was waiting to hear from other characters to show up like Letizia (so we can find out about the two archduchal from her) or even in her spin off, but so far nothing, only Egrantine iirc so I stopped.

lazynoodles likes this.
  8. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    If you all erase the romance filter. Dunkel will be under civil war soon (hope not) aside from the massive Bride Ditter (from different Duchies). I don't know if I read it right but the recent Ss just told us: Aub Dunkel revealed the location to Lestilaut thats why to most he is heir apparent now. But the recent developments in the end taking the schatppe before graduating, the next generation (Letitia, Melchior, Laofreg) will have massive mana unlike Hannelore, Wilfred, Charlotte, Orthvene generation. That is why the political talks between different characters in the spin off are important. But we had Hannelore pov cut the important parts (she was not listening), since she is not interested in political affairs. A lot of planned things can be change.

I was counting how many times she was dump, overall it was 3x already so I already give up Hannelore x Wilfred ship. I also think the build up in First Year Grade Ss points to Orthvene coz why give him focus earlier if he is not gonna be important political figure in the future?

and what's with Feline, I hope she goes to Alexandria soon or I will feel bad for Damuel

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    lazynoodles, Kaylee and eekaargh like this.
  9. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's location? The duchy's foundation?
    Then, Lestraut is the next lord.

Before graduation? Not in the 3rd grade? New development if it's true.
    I only knew from wn, they changed it back to 3rd year to take the schatappe.

Yeah, why I couldnt stand to read her story lol

eekaargh likes this.
  10. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Bonifatius, Riharda generation - 6th grade
    pre-Traequal/Traokvar generation when he is still the 5th Prince- 3rd year (Ferdinand, Sylvester)
    Zent Traequal era (sorry about the spelling) - 1st year (Rozemyne, Wilfred, Eglantine etc)
    Eglantine era - 6th grade (Letitia, Melchior etc)

feel free to correct if I mix some info, since I haven't read this parts for a long time.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    lazynoodles and Kaylee like this.
  11. eekaargh

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's Part 5-1 Vol 22 - took longer; kept finding mistakes. Currently revising Vol 23 and will hopefully have that up within 2 weeks *fingers crossed*

Disclaimers: This was done for my own reading gratification so please DON'T POST OR COPY ANYWHERE but feel free to share the links to the files. This is my translation of the WEB novels with pictures from the AOAB wiki that were posted by fans (so again pls don't post my files anywhere esp social media).
    I probably won't revise this anymore (went through too many revisions already and I want to finish the series this year) unless you find major errors then message me :blobnobully: Common mistakes that you should just ignore:
    • pronouns (esp gender he/she) - Japanese have no gender pronounce so I tend to miss this. deepL also use "I" in translations
    • tenses - narration is in past tense but I also have a tendency to miss this so...*shrugs*
    • butchering names esp. of gods - I did make corrections when newer LNs were released (e.g., Central and Sovereign refer to same thing)​

Lastly, happy reading❣
    blob emojis are the best emojis:blobpopcorn:

PS: can anyone tell me how to put spoiler tags? anyone...?

PS: PS: Please support the author and buy official release❣❣

mysticalavalon, Maeca, Jukki and 9 others like this.
  12. mtlpurgatory

mtlpurgatory Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much again. Both Google Translate and DeepL make me :blobdizzy:

eekaargh likes this.
  13. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally didnt know that Bonifatius generation got their schatppe in 6year.
    Ah, so Egrantine decided to make it 6th year not 3 then. Is that her own decision after consulting with whoever?
    Imagine, if Angelica was there, she might not even get to 6th year lol

eekaargh likes this.
  14. eekaargh

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this was first discussed when Rozemyne's mana was overflowing after the Divine Protection Ritual. But as far as actually deciding to change the year when the divine will/schtappes are received, I believed that Sylvester first made the recommendation to Prof Hirschur when they realized that the "new curriculum = schtappes on 1st year" which can severely limit the capacity of the schtappe (and thus how they use their mana).
    I'm not 100% sure but I think the decision to move the schtappe acquisition back to 6th year was decided around the time Eglantine was made zent (also based on Ehrenfest's - strongly worded - advice) because the schtappe will always match a person's mana capacity and you can only get the schtappe once. So even if a noble still has room to grow, if divine will was obtained when you were young with "immature" mana and before the divine protection ritual, the resulting schtappe is equally "immature" and will limit how your mana grows.

Yeah, Angelica did fail the Divine Protection Ritual because she couldn't memorize the gods' names :blobrofl::blobjoy: She just has a lot of mana, loves knight's training, natural combatant, and has Stenluke.

saix2 and Kaylee like this.
  15. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a lot of events happened on the Spring Lords meeting (this was discussed by 1st Lady Siglend and Lestilaut - this is why I hate Hannelore attention to detail)

This happened off screen and we might get either one of these as side stories at last volume 5-12 (crossing my fingers)

Spring
    - Star Knot of candidates such as Lelstilaut
    -Inaguration of a minor Lord Candidate Rozmyne as Aub Alexandria (Hannelore attended this)
    - acquisition of schtappe meeting, new rules etc

Summer
    - Hartmunt and Clarisa Star Knot

Beyond part 5

Winter
    - 5th year of Hannelore and co. descent of Goddess of time to summon Rozmyne
    - 10days Rozmyne still missing (meeting with Letitia and Eglantine)
    - possible Large Scale Bride Stealing Ditter (Eglantine added rules so that small duchy cant compete)

-hiatus

Kaylee likes this.
  16. Tarniaesquetta

Tarniaesquetta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't limit mana growth, the owner just can't control the mana well like what happened with Rozemyne

17. Callumcortes

Callumcortes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you @eekaargh!! You're the best :blob_plusone::justabotheart:

eekaargh likes this.
  18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Watching Honzuki season 3. And quite happy actually. Maybe because they made Part 2 into 2 season, so I feel satisfied. Although I want to see more but season 3 is done superbly.

At the end of every episode, there'll be an illustration done by several artists. I saw illustration from official artist/mangaka for LN and mangas too. And others I dont know who are they.
    I dont remember whether Part 4 mangaka ever drew illustration or not.
    Do you think they are looking for mangaka for Part 5 like this?

passerby98 likes this.
  19. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    some of the artist are from the official manga anthology

20. redswift

redswift Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @eekaargh For the next book release, I was wondering if you could post it in a different format? Maybe .txt, .rtf or .epub?

Reason is that my ebook reader doesn't handle PDFs very well and the text displayed was too small.