Recommendations Chinese novels.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Purple Jasmine, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Purple Jasmine

Purple Jasmine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for chinese novels, bg .

The male lead shouldn't be cold and with low EQ.
    The female lead should have a strong character and a independent lady.
    Early Romance.
    please recommend if you know any such novels.

Esha07 and Grey_Angel like this.
  2. Uhoh_

Uhoh_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. F.A.M.H

F.A.M.H Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. May Our Dreams Come True

May Our Dreams Come True Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, you could try My Evil Imperial Wife is Too Arrogant. The romance isn't the focus though, the focus is cultivation, adventure, action etc. but it does fit almost exactly what you're looking for.

The only thing that may or may not fit, depending on how you look at it, is 'early romance'. I think it can be considered early romance, however, they do spent a lot of time apart in the first couple of hundred chapters (like I said, focus is on the cultivation part), but each time they meet, their love only grows.

There's no silly misunderstandings, no low EQ, no needy female lead (she's independent and strong, imo. Just because she has the ML's help a couple of times doesn't make her weak imo. She faces through things herself, especially since most of the time they spend it away from each other).

On another note, I also enjoyed The Young Lady of the General's House. I wouldn't call her physically strong or anything like that. In fact, she's the typical cute type (if I remember correctly). BUT I would say she is strong mentally and doesn't always need 'help' per se. In this case, I guess females don't always need to be physically strong to be independent. Romance is very fluffy and sweet and like the above, no silly misunderstandings, no low EQ (actually, this part I'm not 100% certain, but I generally don't read novels with low EQ characters so it's probably not low EQ), and I would say it's early romance. I just remember it being very fluffy and sweet hahaha. But warning, I THINK it does get slightly political in the last 1/3 or 1/4 of the novel.

ALSO, there is a drama adaptation of this novel but THE DRAMA IS NOTHING LIKE THE NOVEL. I dropped the drama early on, and when I found out there was a novel, I read it and was sad the drama changed basically, almost, everything. It basically just took inspiration from the novel and that was that.

Anyways, those are my recommendations XD