Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. kiurakazama

kiurakazama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Asagi... I can only think one word for him "As*hole". Kind of want to skip when his name on novel mentioned, but...

Also guilt-free-tool dhampir, what about that flower head fate ?

Hah, thats my boy randolf.

Thanks man, for give me nice spoilers.

2. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    which specific flower head? alda is like new, literally, she went blank after the equivalent of an extraction of skin and organs accompanied by 20 lobotomies without anesthesia (you don't have to feel sorry, even her brothers lost her when she did something so blatantly hypocritical and dangerous that it is worthy of robcorte), and now waits for his new personality to form, which will be much more submissive because he received all the pain of breaking the seals of the captured gods, including sinful chains-kun, the true hero of this story, without him nothing would have been possible.

heinz was also alive, mutilated, both physically and spiritually, his soul was in such a bad state that he no longer had power and his memory must have been in pieces, and as Vandeliu was full because he had just had a feast of dumplings, He decided to try an alternative to the destruction of the soul, which is to take advantage of the fact that there were no hidden threats and similar to how he did with the members from the blades of fire, or as robcorte did with him, take him out of the lambda reincarnation system to a disconnected world, only this time, there is no god outside who wants him and inside Van is already taking care of that, preventing him from repeat history.. in the end, he himself had made it clear before, he hates them and feels disgusted to share the same world with them, let alone touch them (and no, it's not an exaggeration, just having them in his field of vision gives him anxiety and desire to kill them), but, his main motivation with them in particular, is to prevent them from being a threat, and he would have reluctantly accepted that they leave the profession and the continent, or not destroy their souls if they had surrendered voluntarily (as if it happened with selen and the innocent members of the group). By bad or good luck, his companions who did not learn anything were not so lucky, one was devoured from the inside by the remains of Guru and the other Van ate it and used it as a trap for Heinz.
    a pleasure to see another appreciator of our good and pragmatic elf rogue.

proton51097 and kiurakazama like this.
  3. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, all I can say is that I did not lie at all, I just tried to get some unexpected spoilers and not give any other more expected ones, to make you wonder if I'm kidding or not.

But I wasn't kidding.

As you expected, Asagi remains an idiot, however, he became an idiot that was shown that he is in another world: After trying to blackmail Van in a retarded way, his 2 babysitters captured him, and then received "2" messengers: Legion (which includes Gazer) and Shihouin Mari (Metamorph), so there were 2 people from Earth there, and they basically answered all his questions and doubts along with a letter from Van, both confirming and denying his expectations, and telling him to live more in the world and learn from it.

Randolph became Van's teacher at school, and there were some events that lead him into "learning that Van was really abnormal, and not to get on his bad side", when Rokudou/Guduranis attacked, he received support from Van, and also supported Van back, effectively adding him as an ally, even against Heinz, he went completely Neutral, just watching Heinz against Van's forces, as Van would try to kill the national Hero, informing Van he would not meddle in his student's affairs.

By this time however he was already half-guided by Kanako, and he became a music fanatic. In the last arc, he became fully guided by both the Entertainment and Heroic guiders, eventually leading to Van's guidance, he event meets Schneider and they have their own problems, along with Elf "girlfriends" that have to take care of them, so when the Dukes tried to get Randolph to protect Orbaum from possible Vidal invasion, he was all "Nops, my student, can't do it, won't do it, they are stronger, I like my life, and if I don't accept you will punish me by forcing me out of the Adventurer's Guild? Great, that's what I always wanted, you know what else I want? To be a drummer, and Kanako-sensei is calling me to play drums, and I'm all up for it, so yeah, don't count on me."

Eventually most of Orbaum, except for Farzon (Hartner tried to join Farzon, but both Belton and Katie (Urd) forced the Duke to change his mind), became his allies in the Holy War anyway, so Randolph was part of Vans' reinforcements to areas that were attacked by Alda's and Amid attacks, and in the prologue, he was the one who last made contact with the 2 Five Colored Blades survivors along with Selen, giving some last messages from Van.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  4. kiurakazama

Reading List:
    Link
    I Deleted wrong post.
    Damn... I reply with phone, my thumbs...............

Anyway, thanks for spoil.

My reply got deleted...
    By mistake of mine. Forgive me...

5. kiurakazama

Reading List:
    Link
    I give up...
    I cant find any information about evil god sinful chains....

6. Chuuni001

Chuuni001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He did not appear until the after story.

7. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No he was there when Ketchup met Limpwood, and some info on him was revealed then.

8. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Jyarodeeps appeared on the following times:
    End of Arc 12: Once Heinz arrived in Bellwood's place. Jyarodeeps was the one who welcomed Bellwood.
    Start of Arc 13: Alda was frustrated with Bellwood going meek, and sealed Jyarodeeps who was just mocking him until then.
    End of Arc 15: Van and the other Great Gods find his seal, and Van unseals him after ensuring he is friendly, so they discuss events. Later on Van asks Jyarodeeps to be the judge of his hell, and he also negotiates a dungeon to serve as some sort of temple too.

After story is Arc 16

I guess his name appeared more in the comments, where people wondered if Alda was going to use him like the other Evil Gods and sealed gods, but Densuke constantly rebuked that it was impossible, Jyarodeeps that can stop Bellwood with his chains is just as much as a threat as Van in Alda's POV, even if power wise, Jyarodeeps is just some random weak evil god whose only power is being super effective against hypocrites.

kurohamukami and Mesaphrom like this.
  9. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    But not all hypocrites, see Heinz. Or was Heinz more of a bigot?

Mesaphrom likes this.
  10. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More biggoted with a (un)healthy does of delusion.

He is Belltard lite in that regard.

kiurakazama likes this.
  11. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    In that regard, I would say you are wrong, or you are mixing the meaning of "hypocrite" with something else.

Those who call Heinz an hypocrite are ignoring the concept of time and his character growth.

This is Heinz history in order:
    1. He captured the Dhampir's mother, and she was burned alive, while the Dhampir baby was probably left to die
    2. He regretted his actions then and fled to Orbaum
    3. He saved Selen, a Dhampir, and since her parents had died, he adopted her
    4. Although he is still an Alda believer, he moved from Amid's extremist faction to the Reconciliation Faction, and started to fight for the rights of the races accepted by the Reconciliation Faction.
    Of course, I assuming I'm not talking amongst Twitt*rds that will call upon random messages from when you are an idiot 13 years old child and use that to define who you are in the present after many experiences and learning.

Thus, Heinz already regretted his actions from the start, and changed his actions to atone for that, so unless you are suggesting that he is right now acting in ways he is not preaching, then you would be incorrect.

Unlike Heinz who made a decision based on the reality of things, Bellwood was not like that.

As he himself told Heinz, he thought of himself as the special one, in his world, he thought that Adults who compromised their dreams were wrong, that they were there just to push unfair pressure and responsibilities onto the new generation, and he was against that, which is why he was an activist and spoke more than acted (A reminder from Chapter Summary 9 Part 2: Environmental activist, university student, passionate speaker).

He disliked Zakkart after he found out he was just a rejuvenated adult, and it was one of the main reasons he distrusted and was against many of Zakkart's ideas and actions.

He kept on guiding people, thinking that his "Guidance" with no attached named to it was like the pure and original form of Guidance, the real one, unlike the others who were derivative from it.

When he fought against his former allies turned Vampires, he projected his thinking on them that they would prefer to be dead over being monsters, completely ignoring the reality that they chose that willingly and in sanity, and that the insane one here was Bellwood himself.

He decided to attack Vida because her actions of reviving his "old comrade in arms" Zakkart's body as a monster undead and to give birth to the fearful monstrosities related to the ugly invaders his side calls Evil Gods.

Even as a God, he was ruthless against the Evil Gods who helped in defeating Guduranis, yet, against the extremists who killed random people because they planted rice or developed technology, he was merciful, because that's what he thought a God should do to those he preach to.

-----------

So, up to that point, Bellwood thought he was an special existence who not only was super smart and loved by others, he was even chosen by the gods, and defeated the great evil with the power of friendship.

And then he met Jyarodeeps, and he saw how many entities hated him, he saw the other side of the story, he saw his mistakes, he saw how conceited he was, he saw that he was living an illusion the whole time, and that broke his mind, because for 50K years he lived like that (In case it's not obvious enough, 50K years is much more time than the amount of time Heinz came to regret his actions).

Thus, that was when Bellwood found out he was an hypocrite, and like Heinz, the action he chose to atone for his actions was to "not to anything, because his mere presence is a demerit and a problem". Heinz convinced him that doing nothing was not helping at all, and people were still going to kill each other because of his past actions and teachings, and suggested working together so that they could talk and do something in regards to Vida and her races.

Bellwood, much more experienced than Heinz in regards to heavy sins, still thought it was for naught, however, he understood that Van, someone related to Zakkart's quartet were something of his responsibility that fell onto Heinz, and for that reason, he lent his power, and only his power, to Heinz, turning himself into a power up item with no self regard, which can also be seen when Bellwood was getting destroyed while Heinz was in a better situation, specially after Alda killed Heinz to carry both of them to Rodcorte, Bellwood only cared for Heinz's well being, not his own.

--------

Thus, Bellwood was certainly an hypocrite at terminal levels, since he was able to act like that for too long, and once he saw himself like that, it broke his mind.

However I do think it's a bit unfair to call Heinz an hypocrite: He was faced an unexpected situation out of nowhere, he suddenly was hired by Nobles that he couldn't refuse to capture a Dark Elf (whom he had no particular emotions, neither pro or against, for), but once he saw what was done to her, is when he faced regret.

Riley, who was all for it, was not an hypocrite, because he does not preach peace nor anything like that, he acted on the way he things, he is just a bad person. Martina told Heinz that Darcia gave birth to the son of a Vampire, an evil being, so she reap what she sowed, so she too didn't seem to see much bad from it.

Heinz however still acted to atone, moved to Orbaum, changed his beliefs and acted according to them. So people like to say that Heinz is an Hypocrite for taking care of Selen while having left Van to die, but although one could say that's ironic, that's only hypocrisy if you ignore everything else, that would be the same as saying that, because you said something bad when you are a child that didn't know better, you are now fated to be an <insert newspeak word for unforgivable bastard> with no chance for redemption, yes, like the victims of Twitt*rds.

Heinz saved Selen BECAUSE he left Darcia and Van to die, and Van said it too, he knows that it was a good deed that Heinz saved Selen because he left him to die, that doesn't mean he would forgive Heinz for being responsible for his mother's death though. In the same way, Van said that it was a good thing that Heinz got Amid to liberate many Vida's races, so certainly, others like Ghouls were not supported yet, but that was the limit he could act upon, and that's better than nothing.

The idea that he is an hypocrite because he saved Selen and yet he left Van to die is ignoring the order of events, because Selen was only saved because Van was left to die, if Van had been saved, the future would have changed, and if saving Selen had come first somehow, then he already had his convictions set up and it's unlikely he would have attacked Darcia.

If it was the old Bellwood however, he would only accept something if it followed exactly everything he wanted, no less. If you noticed, yes, old Bellwood was pretty much like a Twitt*rd.

12. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    It is more to do with him preaching to the "peaceful" branch of Alda's church, while taking assassination missions against vida races. Or the Mine slaves Van freed If you preach LAW, like Alda, illegaly enslaving someone is bad, Ketchup was more concerned with the suffering of those benefiting from the crime then that of its victims. Or his desire and need to be seen as a hero while doing nothing to earn it, causing more issues then he fixed, and acting as a general serial killer. Seriously his biggest actual achievement was killing the hooker vamp, and even then she was a) rusty, b) running in terror form a bigger threat, and c) almost dead. He knew he did not earn the kill but still took the credit.

Heck, the Harmony faction was pure hypocrisy anyway. Their beliefs were in direct contradiction to some of Alda's actual "teachings", and would need divine revelation/message to change to not be against the word of the god they claim.

Also, He knew there were changes that needed to be made, spoke about them, but did nothing of substance towards them. absolutely nothing. He was trying to be a hero with nothing but token gestures that would be reversed within a generation of his death, if not reversed after he grew old and had to retire. He needs to be a hero, but only every does just enough to appease his conscience, and nothing to earn the status. Or come up with extremely thin justifications for what he wanted to do being the "right" move. Schneider and Randolph both did more good for the world then he did and neither was aiming anywhere near as high.

Heinz is all over false virtue.

13. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    You say he is preaching for Vida's races, but that's incorrect, he is preaching for the Vida races preached by the Peaceful Faction, meaning, Ghouls, Vampires and so on are monsters, so you may call assassination, but he is not going against what he is preaching.

In regards to the Mine Slaves, it's relevant to point out a few things:

- The history of those slaves are unknown for human society. Yes, you the reader know everything, and Van also knows the history of Talosheim, but do you seriously believe that old Duke Hartner told everyone the real story where he clearly is the villain? At least he would make up some fake crime like they tried to take over the territory or something, And as we saw at the ending, after the formal apology from Lucas Hartner, the people now are very aware that the old Duke fucked up, and they were trying to push Katie to Van as a part of the apology.

- Heinz is from Amid, meaning he is not necessarily aware of all the gossips and so on from Orbaum. You could say that the other 2 were from Orbaum, but nothing says any of them are from Hartner, it's not like people know all the stories from their own land, much less from other places. the reason Heinz was in Hartner was because he was tracking the Vampires, nothing more nothing less, his base of operations was the Main Temple of the Harmonic Faction of Alda's religion, located in Farzon, not Hartner, meeting Van with that timing can be explained as both a coincidence and as a plot device.

- Slavery is acceptable in that society, mainly Criminal Slaves. Don't mistake perpetual middle ages (thanks Bellwood) with modern times, so even if Heinz were to have learned about the slaves, he wouldn't have known why they were there, nor if they were innocent or not.

- At their first talk in the Dungeon, Heinz did not know what Van had done, and a reminder: Van created giant skeletons, to make it look like all the Giants had been killed along with the soldiers, and turned undead. Van intentionally did not fix most misunderstandings of Heinz. Van and Vida also intentionally did not fix Heinz misunderstandings after the fight against Gudu. Van does not want to fix any misunderstanding because it's convenient if Heinz won't escape.

Now, a few extra corrections, again, it seems you are misremembering a lot of things due to your unreasonable hate of Heinz:

Heinz had already mentioned his story in Amid that led him to move to Orbaum and change sides, the ones who ignored him were the Nobles who turned him into their National Hero. Although he did not tell Selen about it, others knew, for example, the Adventurer party that was escorting Selen, I think it was the Roaring Swords or something? Whatever, the leader guy knew about the story, and after the battle against Gudu, and he met Van, he was surprised that he was a good guy, as he expected something more evil, also because he met the crab DK Familiar when they were coming to Orbaum.

Let me repeat it again in different words:

Heinz immediately confessed his sins, the nobles didn't care about it, and instead, took it as "he understood the barbaric ways of Amid, and moved to the righteous side".

The same thing happened on Ternecia's case, Heinz knows he only did the last attack, however, that's irrelevant to the Nobles who wanted to make him a National Hero. To Heinz it's also convenient if his influence can increase so that he can change more duchies into Alda's Harmonic Faction.

Want an example? Until recently, Alcrem Duchy was Alda extremist due to some historic events, but Heinz changed them to accept (some) Races of Vida. Of course, as we know, soon after Van came and changed that further.

Heinz also later caused those changes in Amid, and even Van recognized that as a good thing.

If you are claiming that's not good enough, should I assume that you would prefer everyone to still be suffering unless every single race (that the population clearly will not accept) is freed? Well, then it seems you won't be happy with any result that is not yours and only yours.

You are not entirely wrong, but you are also not entirely right.

Ignoring the fact that Alda was unable to properly express his feelings in regards to what he accepts or not due to a lack of person to receive his oracles, it's important to understand what Alda wants, and what Alda came to tolerate.

What Alda wants: The world to go back to how it was, only 3 races, no Evil Gods, no other races, no monsters.

What Alda came to tolerate: seemingly mostly due to Nineroad's plan, he is tolareting the races born between Vida and the Gods of Lambda, such as Dark Elves, Giants, Beastkins, Merfolk, Ryuujin, Dhampirs. And the only reason he accepts Dhampirs, as revealed in a chapter, is because the children of Dhampirs can't become Vampires, meaning, "they can't spread the filth", that's why pet Selen is accepted, she will eventually die anyway, unlike Vampires that are immortal.

Why did Alda came to tolerate these races? Because he noticed that the 3 races would not get rid of the other races that they could use as slaves, cheap labor and so on, meaning, as much as Alda hated it, humans would not act against their own interests.

So Nineroad suggested just accepting them all already, so Alda asked Rodcorte to do that, and Rod said: Only the races based on Gods of Lambda can be taken, the ones related to Evil Gods cannot. So Alda changed his teachings and came to tolerate some races.

This however was not like that from the start, and changed midway through Lambda's history, so let's say it was somewhere after Bellwood fell, and before the novel started, so it could have been 49999 years ago, or could be, I don't know, 500 years ago during the creation of the Amid Empire? It's a fact, however, that the Harmonic Faction was created as an opposition against Amid's extremism, which was so annoying and hateful that Sauron is Vida Religion, even when they don't follow Vida's teachings, and disregard her children, like the Scyllas, so basically, Sauron's Vida Religion is more from antiphathy against Amid than real faith.

Now, another piece of the backstory that you are clearly forgetting: The Extremist Faction is mainly related to Bellwood, and Amid's Royal Family claims to be descendants of Bellwood, meaning, they HAVE to follow the Bellwood side of the story.

Meanwhile, as Heinz later told some extremists who tried to kill Selen: If you are saying you are correct in Alda's side, why is it me the one with his blessing? And so the extremists were guided and moved to Heinz's side.

I certainly cannot deny all that, Heinz, in the end, was unable to create his own ideals. Yes, he came to distrust the Extremist Faction, but in its place, he came to Harmonic Faction and adopted their beliefs, as faulty as they may be in the eyes of those from Vidal, however, in human society that's still as good as Vida's religion, who also did not accept the same races, mind you.

You may say "Not good enough", and you may think that Heinz who lived most of his life in Amid in a world with perpetual middle ages (Thanks Bellwood) should have similar thoughts to modern age peaceful people that you should always talk first, so even if you meet a wild goblin, kobold, hellhound, chimera, or skeleton, you should first ask them to stop attacking you, then, as long as you survive, you do not attack back and try to convince them through conversation, to show them how tolerant and open minded you are, that they are not the enemies of humankind created by the Demon King, and that they can be anything, even identify themselves as humans or something (I'm sure a bunch of modern people would agree with that), and that what hAldaitler says is wrong and he doesn't know better. But unfortunately, they are still just people from perpetual middle ages world (Thanks Bellwood) who can't really think that far away outside the box, just like 99% of people in modern times.

You give examples through Schneider and Randolph, but let's be clear here:

* Schneider had some doubts, then met and had sex with some Lamias and went "Alda must be a fucking Virgin, he doesn't know how good these monster girls are, having sex with them is not a sin, but a blessing. Fuck Alda, I'm now best friends with Vida."

* Randolph has lived for over 300 years, he had to do lots of nasty jobs, he faced a lot of frustrations, and all the guy really wants is to retire and be a goddamn drummer.

In comparison to them: Heinz is a young man, had friends, they partied together, they achieved success very fast, they faced a bad timing, and learned what they could from that, the party changed (one left, one died), and they immediately went on to try to change the world, and were accepted by that.

What I mean is that, in this regard, Heinz is similar to Bellwood, who was described as a young man with "revolutionary ideals" , that thinks he knows more than adults, that if society followed his ideas it would grow splendidly and everyone would be successful and happy, but then he got isekai'd, selected as the chosen one by a goddamn God, given super powers, defeated the strong evil guy that even the goddamn Gods couldn't kill, and all (actually just most, but his ego didn't notice) of the survivors loved him, were guided by him, he made tons of children with his harem, rejuvenated, defeated Vida who became crazy, became a God, was worshiped by tons of people, and basically, never really knew failure, nor had faced the obstacles that lead him to mature, and he only found the truth when it was too late.

So Heinz faced few obstacles, sure he did something he regretted, but he came to understand that was wrong, changed and acted upon those changes. Sure he lost his lover Martina, but there was nothing he could have done to save her besides get stronger and rechallenge the Dungeon to try to recover her corpse. Yes, he was able to get over these terrible deals because he matured and made decisions based on what he thought was right.

He can't go back to change his actions, much less he can't go back to change his thoughts and the lack thereof (Again, Heinz seemingly had nothing against Dark Elves likely because he never interacted with them, if he had some positive interaction before, it's possible he would have actively refused the request), and so he took responsibility like an adult (not as a teenager, much less as a twitt*rd, who are essentially children), and came to change his actions, and act upon them.

Calling them self-satisfaction is not wrong, because in essence, that's part of atonement, if you don't feel bad for something, no sense of guilt, why would anyone try to atone in the first place? Hence, the act of atonement requires someone to want to feel better.

Just because Heinz didn't knew things he came to learn as bad later, doesn't mean that he doesn't regret his past actions, but the past can't be changed, and only twitt*rds give so much importance into past actions while ignoring all the changes and evolution of the present, meaning, the only way to satisfy them is to go back in time and change your actions, even if that's impossible, otherwise, you are unforgivable, but an adult understand that the only thing he can do is change his actions from the present, and towards the future, avoid to repeat the same mistakes, and warn others against commiting those mistakes.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    Eddy andres and Mesaphrom like this.
  14. kiurakazama

Reading List:
    Link
    All in all is just about point of view.
    Well, im still dont like heinz.
    He choose his own path when he accept the job to "capture" darcia. If i were him, i'll think twice or more before accepting the job. Even if heinz party not accept the job, someone else will. So this is just how it is.

What i hate is, the way he "regret&attone" thingy, preaching here and there to save "vida race" but not all, contradictions is there because he just think its a good idea, and people who get charmed by his ideals bellwood-like ideals is what i hate.

If his party just save dhamphir by chance and took the dhampir for his regret about darcia and van without preaching others, then its fine.
    But he is preaching to save(human-like vida race) with half-assed ideologi is damn annoying.
    Inconsistent? (Is my speeling ok?).
    Also if heinz party just leaving the continent and live quiet life with selen i think van will not pursue his revenge.
    Heinz choose to act as savior for vida race but actually not.

I dont know, i just dont like the type like that, asagi,bellshit and heinz.

And i supppppppeeerrrr HATE rodcorte character. Include megalomaniac rikudo.

By the way, do you have rikudo status sheet?
    He got death-attribute and die, is he still have those attribute ?
    Is his mana like van ? A massive pool mana.?

15. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm certainly not telling anyone to "go like Heinz", far from it, however, I'm against unfair treatment, and what is talked about him is, for quite a majority of comments, pretty unfair.

Heinz had mentioned that, because the job was related to Nobles, he couldn't deny it. Well, we as readers don't have a lot of information on that regard. We should also add that Ryley wanted the job, so even if Heinz were to not like it, although he is the party's leader, would he impose his order onto the other members that may have wanted it?

So sure, maybe if he had a more stable mindset, or maybe if he had more fame, if he were an A Class Adventurer with connections he could have just flat out denied... But that was not the case. He was B Class, he was young, and he simply had not face as many obstacles to prepare him for the obstacle that was coming now.

Also a reminder he was asked to capture her, not to kill her. Even he was surprised with the whole burning at the stake, which caused him to regret his actions and move to the enemy country.

If you are unable to imagine it, try to imagine it like this, you are in some African country, you meet an albino guy, you think nothing of it, because well, it's just some albino guy, right? It's rare, but there isn't much to say about it. Then you hear that he is being wanted, you are not sure why, maybe he committed a crime? You end up stalling him, and he is found and taken custody off, so you think that hopefully nothing bad happens to him, but he should pay for any crimes he did, and if he did nothing wrong, he will be released.

But next day you find out he is dead, you didn't knew that some people kill Albinos because there is a black market for potions to give good luck and wealth, you feel disgusted, but you were the one responsible for stalling him, which led to his capture, you didn't knew that the people in that place were so ridiculously extremist, you just relied on the local system, and trusted it would be fair towards it's citizens, because you are ignorant of the true reality of that locality.

You could say that Heinz should have known such rules since he is born from Mirg, but it's not like you will see albino people everywhere in Africa and immediately think that "oh, these guys are captured and killed for local superstitions", the people doing these crimes are minorities. But if Heinz had the mindset that "Dark Elves would be instantly killed if found", in the first place, he likely wouldn't have met any Dark Elves in Amid ever, since, well, they would either be hidden, or already killed early on.

I'm not sure what you mean by "half-assed ideology", are you, perhaps, comparing the Harmonic Faction of Alda, which acts accordingly with Vida's Religion in human society, as half-assed?

What I'm trying to say is that Heinz has a very good relationship with both the Vida Religion and the non-extremist Faction of Alda, and a reminder that in Orbaum, the extremist faction does exist, and Duke Jahan is one of their High Priests.

So considering that Heinz can have such a good relationship with 2 religions that are basically each other opposites, is it really half-assed when it has been working so well?

--------------------

Now, of course we know what you are talking about, you are obviously comparing Vidal's Vida Religion, which follows the Goddess Vida closely, which has received her guidance, and which follows her "Holy Son" in the form of Van, that has direct contact with her. And considering his mother is the incarnation of Vida, this more than proves that this is the TRUE VIDA RELIGION.

After Gudu's defeat and Van reveals everything to all Dukes of Orbaum, even the Leaders of Vida Religion had to shut their mouths when regarding Darcia and Vida, because after all, they all knew, since Darcia used Goddess Advent in front of everyone, and spoke in words that everyone could hear, that Darcia's words were Vida's, thus if the Vida Religion is contradicting Darcia's words, he one not following the goddess are themselves.

However, again with the order of events, this only happened at the end of Arc 14/start of Arc 15.

So what was Vida's religion in human society before that?

It was basically the same as Botin, Peria, Ricklent and Zuruwarn's religions, Alda told everyone he was the lord of the Gods since long ago, when Alda was of the same level as his siblings, thus taking the majority of the divine power, so that he could recover faster and protect the world from the Remnants of the Demon King Army (And since you seem very forgetful, Botin, Peria and even Vida totally understand that sort of action, and agreed that, if it was themselves, they may have found themselves having to go through the same decision, so no, they do not condemn this action, what they condemn is that, if they were so scarce in power to maintain the world, why would he attack Vida in the first place? Another reminder that before sealing Vida in the surprise attack, nobody knew why she was attacked, only Alda's side would know, and only the reader would know from Bellwood's story the true reason)

So, in an analogy, think about it like this, in Greek Mythology, Zeus killed his father Chronos and saved his siblings whom his father had eaten previously, among there were Poseidon, Hades and Hera (the most famous ones). This means that Zeus is the younger sibling, yet, he took the Throne as the Lord of the Gods.

So Alda, who was just of the same level of the siblings, is now regarded as the Lord, as the one above all, and all religions in human society, no exceptions, worship Alda even if indirectly, so even Botin and Peria's temples were technically subordinate to Alda's temples, even in Amid.

And what about Vida's Religion? They situation was a bit different in regard to the fact that, unlike Botin and Peria, Vida had been punished by Alda for her sins, the story for people to still worship her, however, is that they believe it has been long enough, and she has paid for her sins, hence, they shouldn't punish her children (the ones that are not monsters), who are innocent. And Alda's Reconciliation Faction approves of that, while still having Alda as their main God.

So sure, you can claim that it's half-assed if you compare to the TRUE RELIGION, but we are talking about human society in medieval times (thanks Bellwood) where everything is dominated by Alda's religion in one form or another.

I would say that's more revolutionary than you are giving credit for, you know.

You seem forgetful here again, this doesn't need "I think", this is confirmed. Selen asked Heinz to leave, and he said no. If he had actually accepted, that would be Van's worst nightmare, since he wouldn't have the time to waste against Heinz when he has to deal with the whole continent.

Wrong, and here again comes the unfairness of people who don't like him, thus they can only interpret things the wrong way. This is why I say I'm not trying to ask you to like the guy, but at least don't be unfair.

Heinz is trying to spread "justice", he was already called "Justice Meathead" by his party members, and currently, he things that Vida's races being treated unfairly are not justice, but we are talking here in regards to human society.

Yes, Justice is a vague word with no absolute meaning, after all, wars are fought not by good and evil, but by 2 different justices. In this case however, I think it's fair that we can say that "Justice" in Heinz's mind is "Fairness".

He is, however, not being a radical Tw*ttard that is advocating for "Vida's Races Lives Matters" and telling everyone that they should be believed even with no evidence, rather, that having evidence is an example of the Albus supremacist society that they live in (Hehe, see what I did there?). He is trying to be fair and condone injustice to the limits of his abilities, and yes, he can't teleport all around, much has the support of gods to tell him where to go and what to do.

Remember, in the Holy War Arc, when he stalled for time during his advance in Talosheim, because he felt that Alda had done something bad in Orbaum and Mirg (Bellwood suggested Alda may have released sealed Evil Gods, although Alda had actually released Divine Entities parasitised by DK's fragments), and so Heinz decided he needed to give Van time to deal with them, thus, instead of he himself returning, would would cause other problems, he just kept on fighting the golems while stalling for time?

That's right, as much as Heinz may want to save the world, he is aware of his limits, do remember they don't even have t*itter, so how can you save the world without tw*tter? Not that you can actually save the world with *wi**er (although some people think they can...)

So again, you can call it half-assed, but this is only in comparison to the people who have straight conversations with the Gods (Van with all gods on Vida's faction), which is something Heinz doesn't have (The only Gods he could directly talk was Bellwood, and in the final battle, Nineroad, and even these came only AFTER he got them, near the end of the story. Before that he was just being led around by Alda with his Trial Dungeon)

----------

Now, let's deal with Heinz's side of the story here, was he trying to act as a savior for Vida's races?

The answer would be no. Heinz is aware of his sins, thus he wouldn't call himself a savior, but he does want to make things better for them. Let me say it again with different words, the one in the pedestal is not Heinz pushing himself up, but the others (mostly Nobles) pushing Heinz onto it.

Heinz is however taking advantage of it, but not in an hypocritical way, since, thanks to him, the Harmonic Faction's influence expanded a LOT, which did help Vida's Races all around, and would have a larger effect on the long run (Again a reminder that Heinz has been there for what, around 10 years or so? Even less if we are talking about earlier parts of the story.

And as examples of his work we can give Alcrem, previously extremist, then not extremist anymore.

As much as you may hate it, Heinz is a good guy, and if it's not shown like that, then it's Densuke's fault in not being able to show that, but Densuke wants you to understand that Heinz is a "normal good guy", he is not the chosen one, he tries to fix his mistakes, and he is wary of other people's intentions, for better and for worse, he will not take words at face value.

Here are some examples:
    - When Mill told the story of Van's actions, how he destroyed Mirg's army and the reclaimed territories, how he was spreading Vida's religion and dominating some Duchies, about the territory he holds in Sauron in the former Scylla territory, and his actions in Hartner, Heinz took her words as one side, and all he could see was admire Van for doing exactly what he said he was going to do: To save Vida's races, and he is even taking humans lives under him, so he is, for all intents and purposes, doing a better job than himself in helping demolish this wall, but he also recognizes that Van has skills and abilities that allow him to be better perceived even by Undead, where as Heinz would be unable to do that.
    - When Asagi told the whole story about Van and reincarnators to him, and Van becoming a God in Origin, they were surprised, but since Asagi called himself one of Van's friends, they were also wary of Asagi's intentions.

So, Heinz doesn't think of himself as some sort of chosen one, much less as a sinless savior as you are trying to portray, and after he learned of Van's powers and actions, he did understand that, as things are going, Heinz would be more of a bother for the unification of the races.

However, there is one problem that Heinz could not accept, and that is that Van, as a mortal (he doesn't know, and Alda won't admit, of course), means he will die someday, and all that peace with super strong undead would crumble and the world would be likely destroyed, and this is a real warning that even Botin pointed to Van when she was being unsealed, and Van is aware of it. So again, Heinz is not wrong in thinking this here.

Thus, Heinz had decided that for the time being, it wouldn't hurt to get stronger, to be able to talk to Van (who would be unwilling to talk, thus Heinz had to become stronger than him), and to ask about what are his plans, and if they were satisfactory, Heinz would offer his own head to satisfy Van's thirst for revenge, and we know this because it happened at the end of Arc 14.

So Heinz is aware, after he learned of Van's abilities, that Van is the best person to arrange for peace to the races, but that changed once he ate Guduranis, who had previously hijacked Rokudou's body.

Of course, we as the readers know how Rokudou came in possession of those parts, and as little Selen was able to pinpoint, "If the fragments were under protection of Alda, and yet some Evil God Rokudou got them, then isn't it Alda's fault that the fragments got unsealed?"

However, the immediate threat is that Guduranis is cunning, Van ate Guduranis, so Van may be hijacked by Guduranis, thus, before that happens, it's better to stop the innocent child Van who sacrificed himself unknowingly, for his own sake, before he becomes Demon King Guduranis.

Heinz is not thinking of himself as a Savior anymore, however, he understands his position as a Hero who is able to Advent Bellwood, so in that regard, he understands that it's responsibility to ensure the future will survive, instead of him going some random place with Selen, and hoping some new Hero in the future would be born that would surpass Heinz (And Heinz knew, that would not happen, as he himself was having a hard time trying to reach a child younger [thus got stronger in less time, and will continue getting stronger] than himself that was getting powers from DK Fragments), he understood that it was his responsibility to ensure that nothing bad were to happen to the future.

This also reminds me that, after Asagi told Heinz the story, and he mentioned that 2 other Death-Mages had come, Heinz was actually happy, because it's possible to replicate Van's abilities and take control of possible rampaging undead in the far future, that's actually great news for him, since even if Van were to die from old age, there would be good chances of nothing bad happening.

Booooy, you are forgetting even such an important plot point? I'm starting to ponder if you actually read it in the first place?

Rokudou became a demi-god in Origin, then killed becoming technically a God.

Gods don't have status in Lambda, nor Demi-Gods for that matter, so what you are asking is something that doesn't exist, and if you want to know about his mana pool, you should have instead read the story that does describe it when he became a demi-god.

16. kiurakazama

Reading List:
    Link
    Agh.. im not see what you did..
    Im not so forgetful. I just finish reading about heinz and bellwood. And now im at ch.313. and now i know about status demi-god and gods after i finish DK continent war Arc.
    So rikudo became demi-god ?woah..
    You see, its annoying for me when read extra Hard work Villains POV like rikudo, so i need some spoils to relieve my irritations before i read.. The same with rodcorte.

Also, my first impression about heinz is bad. I know HE IS a good guy just like what you said after i read chapters, and its unfair for his character if we judge him the same as the others of villains, but.. its hard to read his chapters, idk why its annoying and irritate me.(is this cringe?)
    Which chapter ?
    So i can prepare my heart and suppres my irritations.

Mannn, please be kind with reader of go*gle translate like me. Its so damn hard to read, even i have to read twice or more to understand(for a little) one paragraph.

And thank you so much to reply, and sorry to waste your times.

EDIT: Sorry, about van eating DK soul, so, what happen to it ? Is that like edgar ? Eating/corrupting the other soul OR like any others fragment, DK soul became part of van and Van still van..
    Thanks.

EDIT: Wait, i just remember demigod thingy.CMIIW bro.
    Isn't Van is Demigod himself ? When he take Demiurge Job, isnt that mean van is already demigod.
    He got exp when someone praying at him right ? Also he can give his divine blessing(even unconsciously).

17. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, I was under the impression that you had read it all, but seems like you didn't, hence it's easier to see why you are still under a lot of misconceptions.

However, it may be important for you to see Heinz in a better way for the following chapters, since from there on, Heinz will appear more, of course, until he becomes the last boss and so on, it would help for you to understand his actions better if you hold no prejudice due to that unfairness.

You may want to reread the story later just to be sure, or would also recommend you to check this if you are not doing so already: https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathMage/comments/l25ehw/summarieslight_translations_of_untranslated/
    The documents in this link also contains a lot of comments and extra details Densuke gave in the comments section, but that are not in the main story, so it should help in understanding a lot of stuff better.

And in regards to Selen, well, that's from final arc, but since you haven't read that yet, you wouldn't know, but yeah, besides Arc 13 which is 2nd Origin Arc, and the start of 14 which is School Arc, Heinz is very relevant for the end of Arc 14, and all of Arc 15.

Mesaphrom and kiurakazama like this.
  18. kiurakazama

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this work already finish ?
    Tag is Hiatus on novelupdates.

19. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoever changed the status on Novelupdates likely had some strange expectation.
    The story has been finished, it's in the after story now

I guess I will go there and fix it now

Edit: Fixed

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  20. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So one question, Van is basically a young hive mind who can get organic material from the warp, does that mean in the 40k universe he could be the key to tyranid victory?