Recommendations Peaceful/heartwarming/calm BL

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Shadowdrop, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Shadowdrop

Shadowdrop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I desperately need something healing, but not dumb, slow, but not boring, peaceful, but not plot-less.

I don't mean to insult anyone's preferences, but there are really dumb "fluffy" novels. The authors even sometimes give warnings like "please don't expect logic". Most of the "healing" stories are in this category, but that's not what I'm searching for this time.

I just want peaceful stories where the events are logical and important, but not dramatic. A relationship that is not based on misunderstandings or regrets or sexual tension, but more like an "old soul" relationship.

Where "events" are not face-slapping or kidnapping or revolution, but something like winning a game or learning martial arts or saving a kitten. High stakes and exciting things are welcome, as long as they are framed as "protagonists vs. rivals" and not "practically saints vs. degenerates"

It can be any genre: campus, rebirth, MMORPG, ancient, fantasy, interstellar, apocalypse, whatever. Just no angst, no drama, no NSFW (either in terms of gore or explicit sex scenes) and no BE, of course.

I'm not good at finding novels that I like, most of my favourite novels are from recommendations or something I stumbled upon by accident. So if you know a novel that fits this, plz recommend.

2. ellie357

ellie357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reborn In The 80's
    • i consider this to be a healing novel mostly because the mc has a 3 year old son, but not really because of the relationship. in fact, the relationship is very much a slow burn, where ml is clearly interested in mc (and ppl in the comments joking about him finessing dates outta mc without mc noticing lol) but mc has yet to really "look" at ml. to be fair, its because hes raising a son and trying to build businesses with what he knows in the 21st century and applying it to the eighties. the only thing is that his brothers are def "degenerates" while he is "practically a saint" but it isnt high stakes, so idk if you would be into it. also i havent finished this yet as it is still being translated but i feel you will like it
    Reborn with an Old Enemy on the Day of our Marriage
    • this one is basically like a fix it story, where mc and ml one day travel back in time to when they were in high school to fix all the mistakes they made growing up, particularly because they were enemies that caused trouble for all the people around them too. youve probably read this one already because it is pretty popular, but if you havent DEF try it out cuz its right up your alley.
    Everyone Thinks that I Like Him
    • okay, in this one there are misunderstandings but from what i remember it wasn't between the main couple, but rather everyone around them for comedic value. the healing part is on both sides of mc and ml, but more so on ml. mc is someone who experiences a toxic family relationship where he gets neglected because he is always falling short of perfect. ml on the other hand, is a typical cold handsome ml who is actually very lonely, a trait which stems from his abusive, manipulative mother and semi absent father. their relationship is really cute and everyone is aggressively rooting them on before they even want to become a thing, and its very cute
    The Tyrant's Beloved Empress
    • mc dies at the beginning of the story and stays as a ghost tethered to ml until he dies, and basically finds out that everything that he thought about ml (who had a very bad reputation) is wrong. the first few chapters that describe their life and death is really sad (tearing up just thinking about it lol) but the rest of the story is just them falling in love with each other after marriage (and after everything theyve been through). there is politics in it, but its not too deep and mc knows how a lot of it is going to play out, having gone back in time. another unfinished one
    Accidentally Married a Man Full of Vinegar
    • im not sure if i should rec this one bc idk if its healing exactly but its slice of life. they arrange their marriage and fall in love afterwards. ml is "full of vinegar" like the title says, but its not possessive, yandere (etc) behaviour. its more like, neither of them have previously been in love or in a relationship so they're trying to figure it out. they did start off as a one night stand, but i wouldnt say their relationship is based off sexual tension

i hope i gave you something you havent already read, and that you enjoy them! in any case, best of luck

Shadowdrop likes this.
  3. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently reading "I Can Read Minds But Will Not Be Marked" and the MCs have that sort of "i knew you with my heart the second we met" sort of love. At first you get the feeling that these are two of the most boring people in existence, but there's a lot of emotional intelligence to the writing. Snusnu scenes tend to fade to black, river crabs, whatever you want to call it. Interstellar ABO, but not the normal sort of ABO bulls**t.

Shadowdrop likes this.
  4. Melange

Melange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Green Plum Island
    After My Ex-Boyfriend’s White Moonlight Proposed to Me
    Unable to Divorce After Signing the Marriage Contract

Shadowdrop likes this.
  5. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Film Emperor’s Daily Live Cooking Broadcast
    The Love Story of A Passerby
    Stone Age Husband Raising Journal
    Very Happy

Shadowdrop likes this.
  6. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth of a Super Model
    Very Happy
    Master Grim Reaper Makes His Debut in Center Position
    Striving for Science
    You Boys Play Games Very Well (my go to when i'm depressed or need something fun to give my brain a break)

Shadowdrop likes this.
  7. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are ok with manga/webtoon, try Hana wa Saku Ka? And Sign. Both are cute, soft, mature type of romance with no revenge/meaningless drama.

For novel:
    Later, He Became a Royal Healer
    - i think it's the most fluffy out of all title I recommend, but the story still makes sense for the most part. No silly drama outside of in game conflict.

After Our Divorce, I Still Wore Your Jacket
    - entertaiment novel with no dog blood drama.

Yes, No, or Maybe Half?
    - I really like the MC's story arc. It feels like as the story progress, his character grow too. I think this is one of the nicest character arc I have ever read, and proff that not all character arc need the mc to have 180° change or the mc becoming holy mary at the end.

Shadowdrop likes this.
  8. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    there is No Afterlife:
    very calming, not much drama, not much evil side protagonist, but there is war in some parts and fights, growth log of mc and his family.
    the sabbath:
    same author as above, very calming, not much drama, a little bit of every genre (fantasy, mining, herbal medicine, gaming, interstellar) there is an arc where evil people and sadness exists, but it's an important part of the story
    primitive once again:
    same author as above, set in a older era than the above 2, there are sad parts are everyone are good people, sort of a growth log of the protagonist and his family.

I recommend these 3 novels a lot because they're very good and I like them a lot. I'm even planning on re reading TINA for the 3rd time because it's just so relaxing. Sabbath and POA are not completely translated but when I read MTL I could get the general gist of things

Shadowdrop likes this.
  9. Shadowdrop

Shadowdrop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read and loved Reborn with an Old Enemy on the Day of our Marriage and Accidentally Married a Man Full of Vinegar, but not the other three. Thanks for the recommendation!

I love interstellar ABO that isn't bullshit ABO! I thought I read them all, but apparently not. Thanks!

Thank you!

I read 3 of them, but not The Love Story of A Passerby. Thanks!

Thanks! I have re-read You Boys Play Games Very Well several times too, it's like comfort food for both brain and heart.

I have read Royal Healer, it's funny and relaxing. I will definitely check out the others, thank you for the recommendations!

All three by the same author? I love it when I find a good novel and end up liking all the other author's novels. Thank you for the recommendation! TBH, I was thinking about reading The Sabbath, but something in the review made me hesitate. But it looks like I should give it a chance.

Amaruna Myu and rhianirory like this.