Discussion Would you kill for a good life?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 456425, Jun 7, 2022.

?

Would you?

1. Yes

55.2%
  2. No

37.9%
  3. others

10.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. poploc

poploc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would love to say I would automatically say no but I feel that a desperate situation makes anyone start to question their morals a bit.

"Who is it and ...why did you choose me , let's say i took the offer what makes you think I wouldn't chicken out ?" .
    I think i would be something like that just questions everything.. paranoid i guess from well being at that all time low and being faced with a decision to what i guess you could deem unthinkable. (ᗒᗩᗕ)Then i would say no and continue my life as is cause I'm a coward. Sorry but personally I feel like being at rock bottom would be better than to be at the top tormented by an act like that for the rest of my life ^_^.

2. Deleted member 399239

Deleted member 399239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    nahh u good, I would probably tell that guy that he got the wrong person to do this.
    Work my ass off to get the money that I find acceptable no law breaking shit or the kind.

Grom4ik1 likes this.
  3. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be honest and realistically speaking, if I'm at my lowest point, LITERALLY no one for me to care about, basically a life that makes you go; "no hope, just die" i would kill. Considering my situation, my mental health, and that sudden light of hope. I know i definitely would out of desperation (if i still have any fighting will of course, I'd assume i still have it based on your scenario) (and guys, think about it, if you're homeless, you've probably went through a lot of shit already, witnessed a lot of shit ton of it too, and what humans are capable of, especially I'm a homeless *women, I'd probably got r*ped there and here, yadah yadah)

Ngl, I'm thinking of a movie, my backstory would be probably someone set me up or an unfortunate incident which involves someone or something, which made me lose basically everything, now someone suddenly came to me, it's vv suspicious ik, there's probably motive, I've learned that nothing is easy at it seems,
    best theory would be getting involved in something bigger than i initially thought, which turned me into a criminal on the run, = getting killed afterwards, just a toy to be thrown away, that man probably made me do the job due to its own randomness, maybe the person he asked to kill is his rival, or just someone he was annoyed with, so no connections to him until proven otherwise, and even if i tell them(guys running after me) that he ordered me to kill them, they probably wouldn't believe, that guy is probably really great at acting and fooling everyone, or maybe he already prepared something to completely defense against my accusation, maybe there's a silent war within the elite groups too, he was actually casually making each one of them fight against eachother... Ah, bye for now I'll continue afterwards

4. Erysion

Erysion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would accept the offer, considering:
    • What is stopping the man from asking other person the same offer if I refuse? The target would still end up dead regardless of my decision. If the target didn't die because of being killed, they would still die of natural cause. My action would only accelerated the outcome.
    • Assuming I refused the offer, would the other person who accepted it give the target the mercy of a quick, painless death? If I was the killer, I would grant the victim a swift execution without needless torture.

5. milkyfoxz

milkyfoxz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure! Why not <333

6. IamJustthisweirdreader

IamJustthisweirdreader [hope you drop your phone in the toilet]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but also no
    Tbh...my heart would say yes and succumb to temptation like who wouldn't want to live a life full of luxury without needing to worry for anything.
    But my brain would say no.Why? because i know that i will die from the guilt which naturally wouldn't allow me to be mentally healthy and i would be incapable of enjoying the luxuries.
    I would be spending each of my day in fear of someone finding out or me getting jailed.
    But if i was in a completely desperate situation as you've noted above then i would listen to my heart and kill the person because i would have nothing to lose then

NGL this post kind of reminded me of the manhwa olgami

7. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    How much? * Rubs fingers together *

8. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    You are technically at the lowest point of your life, you're starving on the streets with no foreseeable future. At this point you're more likely to worry if you can make it to the day after or you would die in the streets. This is desperation where you have to choose between upholding your dignity and virtues and die, or forsake them to live.

Deleted member 456425 likes this.
  9. Kodiak

Kodiak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's always a chance to turn things around. Not so much if you're dead or in prison.

10. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps you're right that there is a chance to turn things around but when your possibillity to turns things around banks on an infinitesimal of 1 out of a hundred, they'll take the 99 of steering that chance and taking control of their own life with absolute certainty regardless of the consequences

11. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link

"We are all materialistic and survival fanatics, yet we are also emotional fools that see ourselves in everyone."

At such fragile time it really is survival over any morals....but there definitely would be that cusp moment before we do it where we realise you're ruining another life or lives and making them suffer. Either you ignore it and blame them for being happy while you were suffering or you think would a life in wealth really be worth living, over the constant guilt of taking a life.

Personally I'd say I probably would go for the kill.

12. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol that is the absolute worst way to do a murder. At this stage if they don't do it themselves, all they are looking for is a scapegoat. I get the funny feeling you're fishing for an answer but at the level you are describing? It isn't a killing, it's a setup. And you're the patsy.

Nobody pays for a hit on an "average joe". There is always something behind someone wanting another person dead, be it hate or greed or lust. Besides, you want to kill someone? Just ram a car into him while he's crossing the road, this way you can pass it off as an accident, vehicular homicide at worst so you avoid being charged with murder if no one can prove pre-meditation.

Of course if it is a government bounty, 5.56 at 400m would do the trick. And yes, there are such things as government bounties.

13. Deleted member 456425

Deleted member 456425 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking of bored rich people scenario rather than an actual reason for killing if that makes sense?

14. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    At that level, you're just being set up for someone's amusement. I'll definitely kill if it is worth it but your scenario? It stinks of a trap to high heavens.

If you want to kill for a living, make it a government bounty, less complications and less chance of a default on your payment.

15. Deleted member 456425

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder if the person would be desperate enough to grab such a trap-sounding scenario.

16. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    You want to kill for a living, as I said, take up government bounties.

17. Deleted member 456425

Reading List:
    Link
    Do governments still have bounties these days?

18. mio

mio just me

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly; i would already have half the money and would have used that to prepare my escape plan.
    Secondly; from the moment he approached me, saying no would only make me die sooner, so my plan has the greatest odds of survival.
    Thirdly; yes, chances are great that i, an inexperienced person, would get found and killed, but it is still the best chance of survival i would have, even if it's not great.