Recommendations MC uses one power in different ways

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Demintika, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently I found a good Superpower novel, so I searched for other similar ones, but all I found are different forms of "Multiple Superpowers" or "Strengthening Superpower". Interesting superpowers are usually Conceptual ones, or Simple ones that can be used in different way, but they're probably too hard to write. Even when I found novel with interesting power, the MC slowly stops relying on it and just fights boringly.

So I hope someone can recommend me a novel where the MC only have one power. The power's main gist MUST NOT BE one of below:
    • System / Game interface
    • Copying / Gaining new powers.
    • Just strengthening physical abilities (Speed, Strength, Stamina, etc...)
    • Any form of Magic, Cultivation and Martial Art
    Thanks in advance.

2. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a bit of a blurred border between supernatural powers and magic. And do you mean a protagonist who has a simple ability and is creative with its use, or a protagonist with an interesting power in general?

I'd recommend Since The Red Moon Appeared for the second one (although there are few chapters translated). Embers Ad Infinitum is pretty good and works for both I guess, it's just too slow.

I can think of some others (like ORV) that maybe fit but have some sort of stat system or game interface involved in the world's ability system or the protagonist's ability, so they don't really work. I'll come back here if I find anything else over the course of today.

Demintika likes this.
  3. heavenlytribulation

heavenlytribulation [One Feared by All]

Reading List:
    Link
    The female soldier has been told to infiltrate the imperial magic academy

4. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    The Healer Demands Payment ? She quite has one style tho....

5. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    @aShinyVaporeon Thank you. I just didn't want the MC's power itself to be game interface; if the world setting has one, it's fine. What I didn't like in Magic is that it's too versatile, which takes away the MC's (and author's) creativity; it's fine if the MC can only use one specific, uncommon and interesting type of Magic, and they have to be creative with it.

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  6. PeanutButter and 23 others

PeanutButter and 23 others Purple Platypus Bear w/ Pink Horn & Silver Wing

Reading List:
    Link
    Tale of Paul Twister

7. Lehiye

Lehiye Flopping Fish At The Market

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Azarinth Healer - Mc beats everything with bare hands using her healing powers so she can beat them longer. Rly funny mc is a battle fanatic.
    2. Plague Doctor - Mc is a doctor. He got altered by some evil god ritual or what. He got a system but its neigh useless mostly ignored just give a few tools to him like scalpel.
    3. Virtual World: Close Combat Mage - Kungfu mage
    4. Trickster’s Song - Bard mc. Got the blessing of the god of illusions or what got trickery, illusion and taunting powers.
    5. Druidification - World mutated and humans have an inner space where they can make a world for animals to come in. One preson can have one type of animal. Hard to describe they fight against monsters with the animals. Mc traveling around

GlueGod and Demintika like this.
  8. kuumando

kuumando Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You've just described Pokemon.

9. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Night's Noclemature

10. Lehiye

Lehiye Flopping Fish At The Market

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah its different but hard to explain properly. It's more about nature, and their relationship with it nad the animals living in it. Normal animals like wolves, cats, bears are accounted into their powers. Evil people can invite monsters into their mindspace but they gonna go insane as the monsters, blood crayz and all. As the animmals or monsters go into their mindscape with time they take on some of their characterics like taste, sense later on transformation. As the tittle is its more leaning toward druids who can transform into animals, befriend them and one with nature, and all for fúprotecting it in this case from the monsters defiling it.

11. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Lazy Dungeon Master - it's been a while since I read it, but if I recall correctly, the MC's power is creating clay golems. Aside from the typical combat golems, he also makes a "golem" knife and a "golem" powered-armor.

I Reincarnated Into a Vending Machine - the MC is a vending machine, with enough incoming from selling his products, he can transform into...a different vending machine selling different products. The MC is immobile and can't really communicate (he can flash his machine's lights a bit), but he can provide varied support for the adventurers who found him, as long as they haul him with them.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    Demintika likes this.