Spoiler I Have Become The Hero’s Rival /남주의 연적이 되어버렸다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ren99, Aug 14, 2020.

1. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct me if I am wrong: But I thought that his new appearance is the actual appearance of the demon that was inside him. He let demon take over him to save his loved ones. When he comes back from the war, no one recognize him. He has also apparently lost his emotions except love. He is still Felix but with differeny face. Irene will still recognize him and ahe will make some potion to get his original appearance back.

AsuraSKY and Creolenerd like this.
  2. Pinkchik

Pinkchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Felix change back??? I'd rather like him tanned ( honestly I think we need more heroes with dark skin)

Cyzzane and Creolenerd like this.
  3. Mia benz

Mia benz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what i got from the messy read :
    - Felix will get back his original look ( white hair & skin)
    - i don't know about the exact details but the group will be able to separate Felix and Larry souls this is why Fel got his og looks again + he will be able to use magic again
    - it may have something to do with Rin's potion ( she became good at them) but i'm not sure
    - Felix is now known as the guardian
    - Larry if i'm not mistaken will get his own body again i didn't understand how but he will , also he confessed to Rin and said he don't think that he will ever forget about her ( he was obviously rejected)
    - Chloe is now the new emperor ( well empress) because she saved the nation from the devils and people loves her + Cedric didn't want to rule he preferred to travel the world so she volunteered for it
    - she ( Chloe) didn't want Ren and Fel to marry because she was afraid to be left out but she recognized that she was a bit of selfish and then allowed them ( it wasn't serious like she wanted them to seperate and both leads were having their own relationship even though Felix was jealous sometimes she was just afraid and throwing tantrums in a cute way) at the end she decided to point any future kid of the leads as her hire ( if he or she are willing) because she didn't plan to marry
    - i got the feeling that her spirit had some feelings for her but it was like the author hinted for it then never spoked about it again
    That was it the final side story was already posted here there was no mention of any kids since it was still in the same time line

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  4. Pinkchik

Pinkchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bah Felix returning to be white is a big disappointment....we need more diversity instead of white ML

Manolyaisabella and Creolenerd like this.
  5. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But we are already getting diversity especially in MLs these days. If anything, the readers actually prefer tanned male leads in manhwas now. Making Felix suddenly tanned forever would be much more controversial and tbh unnecessary. It is the same way changing some dark tonned person to white out of nowhere. It is much better if they are introduced as tan since the beginning not change the whole appearance midway.

Here are some reccs if you are looking for tanned men and believe me there are plenty.

• Under the Oak Tree
    • Your Eternal Lies
    • Flowers and the beast
    • Sultan's Love
    • The Golden Forest
    • Marriage and Sword
    • Don't come to villainess stationery store
    • The admiral's monster wife
    • Lies become you
    • The greatest wish
    • When the count's illegitimate daughter gets married
    • Disobey the duke if you dare
    • To melt your frozen heart
    • What it means to be you
    • A stepmother's marchen
    • Amina of the lamp
    • My gently raised beast
    These are the only ones I remember for now and I haven't included novels yet so yeah, there is diversity. But I wish it was in case of female leads as well.

6. Mia benz

Mia benz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree i'd rather have the leads from the start with a tanned skin
    In Felix's case the change was because of the devil so it's only logical that he'll get back to his og form when they got separated

7. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think different, I don't see a need for it to be realistic since it's a fictional story lol
    I just don't like the setup that evil/demon = dark tone skin and good = light tone skin
    Of course Felix isn't evil but he does have a demon in him

Edit: Also many ppl who go to war but they don't actually have that difference in skintone, this felt way too much

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    nyxxx and bruisedbone like this.
  8. Anidori

Anidori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's that deep. The OG MLs are all evil af and definitely the antagonists of this story but they all have light skin tones sooo...? Idk, maybe I would agree with you if the author gave the bad guys dark skin or if Felix actually turned evil. But he doesn't, even when the demon in him took over.
    It could just be the author's preference for all we know. Maybe she likes them tall, dark, and handsome. I know I do.

9. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will the smut be with light hair Felix or this version
    I want both though(y)

10. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The question is if they're actually going to include the smut or not. 'Cause I know for sure that part's going to be fade to black or smthn :blobrofl:

11. yukihibari

yukihibari A Silent Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    They'll do it not long after this latest chapter (probably on the next 4-5 chapter). So, Felix is still with Leraze's appearance. Fortunately bcs Felix and Leraze only switched in every 12 hours, Leraze won't remember what happened in 12 hours (so he wouldn't peek them do the deed).

Of course not, lol. They'll skip the snusnu. :blobowoevil_horns:

12. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They'll probably add it since the novel isn't R19, it will be hinted similar to how Lucia snusnu scenes are added. Well definitely see some steamy touches which we already seen at the beach (that leg grab was HOT)

It kinda is deep than you think but I don't know why you needed to add it when I just stated I didn't really like how they did it but wasn't really too bothered by it while many will be, because the concept will still have a problem within its self, it's very overlooked in colorism.

TWEET This tweet explains alittle why many have the right be disappointed in it. Just because you don't see the problem doesn't mean it isn't there.

EDIT: Reply to LaDyViL and Andidori since I don't want make another post
    The way yall dismiss just proves the Twitter op thread. It's not about it being woke, it's about seeing how overlooked it is. Though there are times where it be over reached and the reaction isn't necessary. This time sorry say but it indeed as deep as it looks.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    bruisedbone and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  13. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been like that since forever. The English readers nowadays has been too easily influenced by mainstream colorism issues raised by the western side of the world that they don't seem to understand how colorism isn't as deep over in the east. Furthermore, this story had gained a lot of attention from the first season. There was bound to be readers who are easily triggered by such matters. I don't see a problem with it too, it's not that deep. In fact I like how Felix goes through both phase in the story. More candy for my eyes.

Bella94, Nekocchi, Ice_Rose and 8 others like this.
  14. Nekozzzzzzzz

Nekozzzzzzzz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... lets just enjoy the story as it is? Anw i think the author is not even thinking that deep. Well its kind of thousands years of beliefs that light is 'good' and dark is 'bad'. We just only invented lamp for a hundreds of years, so its logical. Just stop dragging this story into a race war

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    Ice_Rose, nyxxx, scriptor and 6 others like this.
  15. Anidori

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to drag this any longer because this isn't really relevant to the manhwa or the novel. However, since you asked why I needed to add to it: I didn't need to. But you posted your opinion in a public forum where people discuss their opinions. I'm not trying to pick fights here- I'm just stating my opinion just like you did. That is all. Peace.

Good point. I'm from the east so that's probably I really don't see any colorism issue. All I'm thinking is "Tanned. Felix. Wow. Hot."

16. Scarlet Reed

Scarlet Reed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did I miss a scene in the manhwa? i thought they will show us felix pretending not to know irene?

Creolenerd likes this.
  17. Anidori

Reading List:
    Link
    Question for the novel readers: What volume/chapter of the novel are we now (latest manhwa chapter)? I bought the volumes in google play but I'm having trouble finding it. I can't wait until next week for the next manhwa chap. Need to know what happens next lol
    Edit: Nevermind I found it haha

xpeanut and Tsukasa55 like this.
  18. arienlyne

arienlyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes exactly

Jukki likes this.
  19. rchskzlta

rchskzlta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please someone tell me how many chapters do you think(like a prediction/guess) it will take until felix and larry get separated based on the latest chapter when the leads met again.

nyxxx likes this.
  20. lalisaswus

lalisaswus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont exactly know how many chapters but they separate when irene got kidnapped and the kidnapping part happened on the near end of the novel

snzzykitten and rchskzlta like this.