Spoiler Falling for the Enemy /원수를 사랑하게 된 이유에 대하여 (manhwa)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by november27, Jan 18, 2022.

1. chax412

chax412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    god nooooooooooooooooo

like no like how like why - too many questions

I would like to thank you for being so fast lol I searched for it but never believed I would find spoilers that quickly. Y'all rock

Is Lia gonna be mad ??? Is she even gonna know ? she must, eventually. And since the "case is solved" (sort of(, I guess the story's not gonna be dragged over 100+ episodes.

2. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    She's sad rn hopefully he comforts her soon

3. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion

Every chapter now hurts me to the core. Weird. As of the latest chapter, I am oddly annoyed with the female antagonists so far. Males at least have the excuse of being misogynist during that era but these women kept insulting MC, and now the latest chapter with Ignis's bg as a fallen noble telling MC straight to her face she wasn't able to save her parents infuriate me again like with Master Katie whose reasoning was just as ridiculous. I can at least wish the male wizard breaks free from the enemy side and sides with the leads and finds better a love life

4. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2nd manwha cover:
    [​IMG]

5. twilight_123

twilight_123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So beautiful...:blobmelt:...the mailbox is also there with which Lia communicates...

Lia looks so pretty:blobupset:...Eddie as cute as always:blobcatblush:

I suck for the novel covers with a moonlight type scene:justabotheart:

Rania want to QT and Eloisane like this.
  6. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion

Why do I feel when we actually get the full reveal (with illustration) on Ignis's motivation or backstory, I won't feel sorry for her. She no longer even loves Nex at the recent chapter (at least I do feel bad for the guy)

7. ros.ciel

ros.ciel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I skimmed the novel months before and I think the manhwa made a different twist this time. I was stockpiling for the manhwa before I binge read it.

Ignis is a victim too in the novel. In the novel, iirc, the archduke was the brother of the current emperor and he's the main antagonist and not his son (the one in the manhwa) and he definitely was the one behind the death of Lia's parents.

When the crown prince was young, the archduke started a rebellion. Iirc it was ML who narrowly saved his life. The rebellion failed and since the archduke already planned for an excuse if it fails, framed Ignis' family as the mastermind behind the rebellion. Ignis was able to get away I don't remember how, but her family was annihilated and deprived of their title.

The archduke just manipulated Ignis into believing that it was the imperial family's fault. The emperor has a soft spot for his siblings (the archduke and ML's mom), that's why he turned a blind eye even when his own son was put in danger. That's why the crown prince felt bitter about his dad. And it was why ML's mom always nagged the emperor about their brother the archduke.

I will say the manhwa is different from the novel. The crown princess' sister was not a traitor iirc she's more of a passing character that they had to consult regarding the chimera. Iirc, they didn't kidnap Lia's brother too. He only appeared again when the rebellion in the palace took place again. So her lil bro has little screen time too. And about the crown princess, in the novel she's just a concubine and not the crown princess. The concubines Lia and her knights were guarding have little to no influence. They had chosen to enter the palace as concubine for the sake of their poor countries. That's why Lia's knight division was looked down on by the other divisions since they're practically protecting a nobody.

Going back to Ignis, iirc I don't think she truly loved Nex, but only used him to achieve her goal. Iirc she sucked up his mana thingy as well before abandoning him. ML was the one who killed Ignis during the rebellion that took place on the crown prince's birthday. ML was also the one who made Ignis realized that the archduke just manipulated and used her until the end. Poor Nex, he even made a deal with Lia to spare Ignis' life in exchange of leaking their plans iirc. Might I also add that I hated the emperor's indecisiveness when it came to his brother. It took another rebellion for him to actually punish him with a death sentence. I can understand one's love for their siblings, but the archduke had been causing a lot of trouble even after his first failed rebellion, the least he could do was to exile him if he didn't want him dead.

This is just a personal opinion, but I do prefer the pacing and twists in the manhwa. Idk I got pretty bored easily when I tried to read the novel that I just ended up skimming through it. Idk how the plot in the manhwa is going to go now that they made ML's dad as the mastermind behind Lia's parents murder.

Nex was commissioned to create the chimera horse that Lia's parents used. He didn't know what his chimera was used for so he was surprised that his chimera killed Lia's parents. This dude just want some affection, too bad he got mixed with Ignis and company. Iirc he was arrested and imprisoned too, cos in the end he chose to follow through Ignis' plan. His chimera was defeated by Lia's brother.

8. Laso02

Laso02 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't like your comment that males have the "excuse" of being misogynistic. If they have the "excuse" to tear down other women because of the time period, women have even more right to do the same. What I would like to see (which the author works on it a bit in this novel) is the characters calling out the male misogyny and creating bonds with the women they are trying to fight. But this is only if yhey were fighting social prejudice, thats not what's happening in this story. They are fighting a civil war of power, thats not "male vs. female" its about revenge and getting self jutice.

Master Katie, just like Ignis were being manipulated. Master Katie was being manipulated through the safety of HER SISTER, and Ignis is being manipulated through her wanting of getting revenge ON HER PARENTS. This isn't "my childhood friend that I kissed once is in danger boo hoo" this is using family for getting what the villain wants. And the fact that Ignis lost her love for the white haired dude is NOT misogynistic. Its passion and devotion, even though its "in the wrong side". But if this was a villainess redemption story where the story was told through Ignis point of view, we would all be like "yeah ignis is correct! #we-must-stan"

9. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it appears the Manhwa and Novel are fairly divergent ? Should I worry about the overall plot because side stories and such might not fit or have to be changed if the manhwa deviates to much .. unless its in areas they can 'fix' so it still ends the same way but with more twists. Just curious.

Rania want to QT likes this.
  10. ros.ciel

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk how much they're going to stick with the plot since the main antagonist in the novel is the archduke, the emperor's brother. Iirc, the son of the archduke in the manhwa, wasn't in the novel. In the novel it's just the archduke being such a brat. Like that supposed scene in the manhwa where Lia and Edgar fought the chimera in a sort of desert (?). In the novel, iirc the chimera got into the capital and the archduke was behind it, only that it backfired and he got endangered that Edgar and company had to save him and he's screaming off he's the archduke and the emperor's brother and his safety should be their priority. I think the manhwa would go differently while still following some of the novel's plot (like the supposed rebellion on the crown prince's birthday). Idk how this will end though, because iirc the crown prince married another (he actually likes his wife; she's not the concubine/crown princess in the manhwa).

11. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might have to just read both than.. since they seem almost like alternative universe versions of each other. Thank you for the reply!

Rin.rinaaa and ros.ciel like this.
  12. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    With the recent update of the manhwa/MTL version, it seems the adaptation really is pushing for the archduke's son as the main antagonist seeing as we now have his backstory

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  13. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happens in the end?

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  14. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion

Ominous cliffhanger in manhwa ch.35. What are we expecting? Reveal already? So, what WAS other Eddie's reason for falling for otherworld MC?

15. Ltbeast

Ltbeast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well according to the story so far and some spoilers it should be the revolt scene and maybe some accident hapent, hostage or archduke told MC the truth.

As for why he fell for her it could have been a simple reason like showing him a difrent side of hers just like this Eddie fell in love when he saw a different side of hers that he knew. Maybe he saw how fierce she is or how she helped someone.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  16. Rebochan

Rebochan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg I’m losing my mind these last few manwha updates are attacking my soul, I just want them to be happy omg MC please don’t be that easily manipulated you’ve held out for so long

Mangagirl4 and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  17. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion

Novel readers, I implore you if the recent manhwa chapters are at least somewhat similar to the novel, what happens next or how do they get back together. Personally, her reaction on 37 was actually nice, even acceptable. Learning a bombshell, gotten half verification on a 3rd party/alternate selves, halfway through the fight despite injuring Eddie, she was somehow able to briefly get back her composure but ofc is back to being sad + mad with Eddie confirming everything. I'm not even sure if MC heard it that he JUST found it recently, maybe she did that's why she told him he's practically giving himself a pat in the back for all his actions so far

18. J3nnie

J3nnie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get it, I really do. She is still devastated the fact that Eddy is the son of the person who led to her parents' deaths and the unhappiness of her family. However she is showing her anger to the wrong person and to wish unhappiness to the family is just as bad. At least she is fully aware of this fact and is prepared to give him up. Tbh, Eddy deserves better.

Rania want to QT likes this.
  19. Mangagirl4

Mangagirl4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers on them making up? I hope they make up soon these recent chapters are really sad :cry:

Berry.Blast.20 likes this.
  20. ros.ciel

Reading List:
    Link
    Iirc they didn't even break up in the first place since ML's dad wasn't the mastermind behind FL's parents' death. They got together officially before the crown prince's birthday party iirc there's these few chapters about how her dress was custom made for her so that she could move easily once the rebellion began (iirc ML prepared for it and everything with the designer). The manhwa at this point is different from the novel, the only thing they have in common now is the rebellion. They made the manhwa more dramatic/angsty. And I'm low-key annoyed by FL. Her reaction regarding the person behind her parents' death is normal, what I'm nitpicking about is how she believed everything the archduke said, granted that she clarified some things with ML in the recent chapters. It's just that the archduke openly admitted that he's also involved (to a certain extent) with her parents' death and we haven't seen any reaction about that from her.

Iirc in the novel, the crown prince would push for a law that would allow FL to keep her title even if she marries ML. That's all I could recall lol.

I agree lol. The whole thing is so complicated. We can't fully blame FL for her misplaced anger, since she's still processing the whole thing. Being in love with the son of the one behind your parents' death is just so complicated. On one hand, ML was innocent and didn't deserve to bear the brunt of FL's anger. But FL wanting justice for her parents and unborn brother is just a normal thing for her to pursue. The question is will the ML allow his father to go to trial? It would be difficult for him to choose. Morally, he should turn his father in, but as a child, it would be difficult since there will be a part of him that would want to protect his father (especially if he grew up admiring his father a lot). On the other hand, should ML and FL resolve the issue regarding ML's dad, FL would still have to overcome the guilt of being together with the son who killed her parents. Like FL's brother had told her, their parents would always want her to be happy, but we couldn't take away from her the guilt that would plague her for God knows how long. It's either they break up for good or take some time away from each other until all her wounds heal.

twilight_123 likes this.