Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Oaktree031196

Oaktree031196 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will just stick to my dream that they will be doing good in battlefield and maxi will show her skills

2. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guys! Everyone, you really should read this chapter yourself. It's very stressful and fun!

CHAPTER 165

So riftan led the attack by ordering the soldiers to use spears to break up the rocks that were raining down on them. Several archers were also shooting at the wyverns and the paladins led by the handsome quahel used their mana filled swords to slash at the wyverns. quahel asks ruth if ruth can no longer control the wyvern like he did at pamela plateau? Ruth said that he only used the warlock magic formula back then so he couldn't do it now.

When maxi was just relieved that many wyverns had fallen, but the black cavalry came from Besmore Castle. What's that? They are durahan, i.e., headless undead warriors. Maxi thought that this situation would be unmanageable if the necromancer was not found and killed. quahel asks maxi to use her magic to locate the necromancer. But unfortunately, according to maxi, the necromancer is in besmore castle so maxi can't track it for sure. They need to get closer. Maxi thought that the knights wouldn't be able to fight the endless number of monsters forever.

And this is the best part! Maxi the brave woman, offers a new pact with the kuahel. SHe asks Kuahel to protect her as best he can because Maxi wants to get closer to Besmore Castle. This time not as a wizard from WT but as a wizard of the RDK. even maxi said something very emphatic: "quahel is a person who can sacrifice others for his own sake". That's why maxi offered the deal. Quahel agrees and he will protect maxi as best he can with the honor of being the successor of the uigru name.

But ruth who overheard their conversation was worried and wanted to replace maxi. but maxi said that ruth's magic abilities were more varied and needed on the battlefield. finally a team of paladins and maxi approached Besmore castle without the knowledge of the allied alliance, including riftan!

my opinion :
    1. OMG guys! So quahel knew that ruth was using monster control magic even though it was taboo magic but he didn't respond negatively! One big step towards maxi golem magic! let's wait for the continuation.
    2. Riftan who leads the army always looks at maxi who is in the back row. He wants to protect his wife directly but he also has to lead the army. oh I can't imagine how riftan will react if he finds out his wife is missing from the battlefield and even comes close to the enemy's lair. This is really tense.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  3. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding the point 1, I think it can be two things that play role in Kuahel's reaction, first being maybe a bit disillusionment with church (they did not report mana stone missing etc.) or even maybe some feelings of betrayal by church.., second Kuahel just may be practical - battlefield is not a place to be necessarily judging and debating what is holy & what's taboo, let's just kill monsters by any means possible and be done with it :p

4. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After the mention of the black knights army without heads I immediately thought that Maxi will use her golem magic.

5. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe the people who like riftan in book 1, most of them are people who read the manhwa before the novel. Including me. Hehe. I'm attracted to riftan because he is physically described as a manly, handsome and hot man. I initially liked and was curious about maxi. but i just got crazy about riftan as the story progressed

oh that's our hope. I hope that KSJ will really grant it.

Its looks like the opponent really can multiply monsters as much as possible. The necromancer also definitely isn't just one monster

6. backpatty

backpatty New Member

Reading List:
    Link

Tkyou... are you remember how chapter?

na3_no3h likes this.
  7. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi.. they reunited after the war at chapter 100 of book 2

backpatty likes this.
  8. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    :LOL:Time to make a theory : :cool:

MY THEORY :

1. The war will not end right now. This is just a welcome or a start. But, still, they were finally able to kill the necromancer so the attack weakened and the enemy side backed away from attacking.

2. The biggest reason why wars are better off not ending right now is.

First, they haven't entered Besmore Castle yet but they've already lost a lot of strength and life.

Second, maybe the author will present the team of Agnes, Seojur and the WT wizards first.

The final battle should be complex and need more preparation

3. Looks like maxi will really use her golem magic. Let's pray that KSJ also has the same will. (On the novel's commentary forum, most Korean people also hope the same. I hope KSJ also listens to the idea).
    They now know what the enemy's strength is. They didn't rely on the undead anymore, but even they had a wyvern and just now a durah. Perhaps maxi would think about how to defeat them in an instant, and she would mind her golem army.

I'm guessing it won't happen in this chapter's battle, but maybe in the final war. But the problem is, how are they going to reopen the castle gates this time? It seems no longer by sneaking through the underground tunnel because the monsters could already be on guard about it. Then whether maxi can be included in the front line battle. Because so far, she had never been at the forefront. To be able to cast golem magic, they must be pushed and surrounded by monster

guys, are you all asleep? Good night all:LOL:

IraHera, manlyman, na3_no3h and 9 others like this.
  9. Bluecattea

Bluecattea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've thought before that many people who say they want a "Riftan" really couldn't handle the real thing. You have to start with the assumption that everyone is broken to some degree and calibrate your actions and regulate your emotions accordingly. Riftan takes Maxi's independent efforts as rejection of his love, which he's trying to show by handing her a luxurious, leisurely life on a silver platter. But this is just unfathomably weird to Maxi. What *is* all this attention? What performance does he want in exchange?
    Meanwhile, she is trying to show her love for Riftan through caretaking and usefulness... which Riftan finds odd at best and suspicious at worst, because what the heck is she doing trying to baby and serve *him*? Isn't rest reserved for when he's at death's door? Does she somehow think he's weak and can't take care of her? Her thoughts are too foreign; he can't recognize this.
    So they mistake each other's awkward, rookie attempts at loving for rejection and lack of faith in their capabilities, and feelings get hurt and it comes out as Riftan's workaholism and passive-aggressiveness and Maxi's spiraling anxiety at having no outlet for her natural aptitudes in healing and caregiving and therefore stuck in uncomfortable roles, doing crap she feels she's not good at.
    It takes time to learn how to just STOP letting your feelings get hurt and nail down whether the other person is demonstrating love in an incompatible way and will accept corrections, or if they're just getting a rush out of having power over your actions and emotions.

10. backpatty

backpatty New Member

Reading List:
    Link

Tkyouuuuu

11. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    That's right. Not everyone in real life can control the 'riftan' and live harmoniously with it. I know someone well who is married to a man like that. The man loves his wife very much and spoils her but the consequence is to limit her movement. His wife was so beautiful that he was afraid that other people would be attracted to his wife. If his wife wants to leave the house, her husband must accompany her.

In reality, it's not as easy as in the fictional world. There are circumstances where only one person sacrifices so that their relationship can be harmonious forever. There is someone who doesn't even try to understand or stick to her point of view. There are people who ultimately do not develop themselves because they are imprisoned by their partner's rules.

But, yes, what can We do? It's their life. And as long as they maintain their relationship then it's as strong as that they have to sacrifice

12. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    Reagrding the golem thing, I don't think she would be just able to conjure up a golem from thin air at first line mid battle, the golem formula was complex etc. rather than staying in front maybe the circumstances will force them (and Maxi) to take more drastic measures, hence the golem formula might come in handy, but then again Maxi would have to stay protected to complete drawing/casting the formula.
    Yeah and I think too this time the siege of Besmore will be longer than the previous ones.

13. kitsoul

kitsoul Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I am a new member here but I have been following this thread for months now. I decided that after I finish the school year (my last year in college), I would create an account here and start sharing my own ideas, thoughts and reaction about Under the Oak Tree! (I get easily distracted so I just went with stalking here to creating an account here)

I apologize since I popped out the time everyone is discussing about the new chapter. Nice to meet you all and I hope everyone is having a good day!

14. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, welcome in our community :blobparty: we can always use some more fan theories :blobamused:

15. Oaktree031196

Oaktree031196 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its night here in PH and going to sleep while imagining what will next happen, ive enjoyed reading theories posted by our angels. But i hope nothing bad will happen to our beloved ccharacthers except for princess b*tch hehehe

16. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    Maxi has found something, a loophole or something, what if it's a trap and Maxi is captured and so the monsters try to blackmail Riftan?

17. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    yes. that can happen. But I don't want to see maxi as the collateral and weak side. I hope everything goes well.

After rereading it, so it was really just the two of them who infiltrated the castle by themselves? Just maxi and quahel? They really are suitable partners on the battlefield.

hmm I thought again, what if they infiltrated the hole (just the two of them), they managed to kill the necromancer... however, they were both trapped there. If it's just the two of them, fighting that many monsters along with necromancers, I'm getting tensed at the thought of what might happen.

By the way, how is princess B doing? I think she just went through a trauma that she will remember for the rest of her life. Ha ha. There's nothing more terrifying than newbie trapped in battlefields and monsters.

18. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes

It could be that the monsters have the plan and then Maxi surprises them all with how strong she is.

What if the monsters work independently of the necromancer? Maxi then sees that Riftan is in danger and uses her golem magic to save him.

As has already been mentioned, I believe we will get several chapters of war. From Maxi's POV and Riftan's POV. That would be great.

But what if Agnes and Sejour are in captivity there and Maxi and Kuahel rescue them.

I thought Maxi's action was really good, that she got Kuahel to protect her but somehow I have the feeling that Kuahel will either die or be seriously injured. I hope not.

19. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    Nooooo, not our paladin :cry::cry: I hope they'll be fine

20. Sa12Ben18

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, nobody has died yet. It could happen, but if there are a lot of deaths now, especially of the side characters, except Princess B and the Duke of Croyso, it would be stupid.

I can imagine the two of them getting into a dicey situation. He protects Maxi and Maxi saves him.

Oh yes, instead of him looking after Maxi and saving her, this time it's the other way round.