LCD Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TUSF, Oct 22, 2015.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what ended up happening to Shiro though. The lowest ant in the room managed to blow away her main body.

2. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhm. I mean to say that it could have gone in the other direction as well. Or that it could have happened to Shiro first and then she went to fight D for whatever reason and it happened again.

3. milannesta

milannesta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, the lowest ant but with cheat codes and nukes.

4. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only just realized that the series was finished.

It never made much sense for why the Pope, Kuro, and others opposed Shiro & Ariel.

Shiro: We must destroy the System and use the energy for its operation to save the planet and Sariel. When the System is gone, half of humanity will die due to soul damage from the removal of statuses and skills.

Others: We must keep System in place, thereby sacrificing Sariel and later Kuro when he offers himself up. The planet will be saved right about when Kuro dies. (Of course, when Kuro dies there is no more core for the System, so the System will be gone and half of humanity will die anyway...)

The ending was so bad, it must have been rushed.

There was basically no point for the mortals to fight once Kuro and Shiro started their battle. If Kuro won, then he stops Shiro and basically maintains the status quo of sacrificing Sariel & himself. If Shiro won, the System cannot continue operating even if Shiro does nothing. Sariel was almost dead and Kuro would basically be dead as well, so the System has no core to continue operating.

We don't know what happens to Oka-sensei and the other reincarnators in the spaceship. Also, why were they targeted by the dragons?

Why was Shun even allowed to participate? He is the Hero and will be facing off against the Demon King (supposedly much stronger than him) and possibly Shiro (definitely much stronger than him). The Hero mechanic allows the Hero to boost his abilities by drawing enormous amounts of energy from the System when fighting against the Demon King or gods. Do they not recall the huge drain on energy from the previous Demon King & Hero launching an attack on D?

So all along, Shiro had the energy to shield the souls of all humanity? I'm sure that if she had spoken to Kuro (who's been stated to have much more energy than Shiro) then he would have gladly volunteered his energy. His whole reason for opposing her was because he wanted to keep all the humans alive.

Traineye, ndlsleepzzzx3 and Sea Dog like this.
  5. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Human shortsightedness was taught to Sariel and she made Kuro agree to a shortsighted promise to protect Humans at all costs, so Kuro cannot agree to any plan that will sacrifice a lot of humans, then there is his agreement/ultimatum from D preventing him from final solutioning Potimas.

Humans are humans, shortsighted, and Dustin has been an ineffectual politician for countless lifetimes, hoping that if they just stall long enough things will work out without having to actually risk anything or making actual decisions. They've made several sci-fi movies where the same thing seems to be the policy of the people in charge of humanity, like if the moon is falling just ignore it and imprison anyone that tries to bring attention to it, even if they say they have a solution for it. This isn't even just with stupid movies, the same thing happens to Jor-El in Man of Steel, and in Interstellar. They always assume it will either go away, or everyone will be dead anyway, so it's better not to cause a panic.

Reio and Dr_H_16 like this.
  6. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was part of the point that Dustin didn't have a stated solution for what to do when Sariel and Kuro die. Even Shun noticed that Dustin should have said he had a solution but was weirdly quiet, iirc. Either there was literally no plan and he simply wanted to keep as many people alive as long as possible, or his actual solution was very bad. Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter: Before we got our rushed ending there were some hints that he was a potential threat to the reincarnated people.

The real reason you know the ending was rushed and doesn't make any sense is because of Shiro's hasty "Oh, actually, I had a perfect solution all along and I never told anyone because fuck you."

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    imafire and Dr_H_16 like this.
  7. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Dustin's plan was stated only to his higher up subordinates. He was just gonna keep throwing "not humans" at the grinder in Potimas' lab until the problem goes away, or is too far along for there to be any other solution. So wait until Sariel dies to sacrifice Kuro, then throw in the Demons when Kuro gets used up, then the reincarnated people should be able to buy you a lot of time, especially high value Shun. Anything to keep the pure Humans around as long as possible.

imafire, Jewdeh and Dr_H_16 like this.
  8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Similar to what @CountryMage said, the theme of the story is human shortsightedness, even in those who are long-lived. Rather than thinking about the consequences of their action/inaction, the human side of the war had a few core values they wished to uphold even if they knew that it was probably going to fuck them over in the long term.

Shun, for example, simply could not accept a reality where half the people in the world would have to die to bring about its salvation. He was an idealist that never thought about the costs and consequences of his actions but always did them anyways. It was never really "his problem", even if he was directly making everything worse for everyone.

Dustin was characterised by a single thing, a stubbornness to see the survival of humans. Everything else could be sacrificed to that, even the world. He knew about the ending of the world from the very start and yet he's still being a massive piece of shit about it. He basically has no plan apart from continuing to be stubborn until the end. (I'm pretty sure it was implied that people's souls would be broken down to fuel the recovery of the world if the System kept working as it did, rather than the current status quo of brutally mutilating them every cycle of reincarnation.)

Sariel was someone that couldn't bear to see others suffering and so she thought she could sacrifice herself to solve everything. That didn't work out. Kuro is just a massive simp who wishes to carry on her wishes.

Shiro's plan wasn't tied to the world at all but rather to a select few people. She wanted to fulfil the Demon Lord's wishes to free Sariel. She wanted to keep the reincarnators alive as they were merely innocent children who had nothing to do with the conflict and decay of the world. Those were the only things she actually cared about, which is why she's fine with killing half the world so they could go back into the cycle of reincarnation.

Someguy666, RedHead, Reio and 4 others like this.
  9. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats with the new tL? Where does this sit in the story.

10. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like they've already redone half the story, just out of order, and I don't see any way to navigate directly through it.

11. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I opened up one chapter out of curiosity and it was the early parts of the middle floor of Elro labyrinth which iirc was a little before the good first translator dropped Kumo and the MTL guy picked it up?

12. REZEROOOOO

REZEROOOOO New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heyo! Completely unrelated to this topic as this was like a few years ago, I wanted to ask you where you read japanese raws? Because I can't find any website that lets me read raws and they just force me to buy the book...

13. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    https://syosetu.com/

Nighthawlc likes this.