Picked Up The Reincarnated Tyrant Wants to Live

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by eeeee, Jun 26, 2022.

1. eeeee

eeeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Reincarnated Tyrant wants to Live 환생 폭군은 살고 싶다
    Cover:
    [​IMG]

Raw Link: ridi
    nu link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-tyrant-wants-to-live/

why it should be picked up: A total of 200 chapters, complete. 590 korean readers, voted an average of 4.8 stars out of 5 on ridi. I've read it and it's a master piece.

Our protagonist is the 11th prince of the empire. His fate is to die due to his own greediness /tyrant tendencies/ and innate evil violent nature. The protagonist's tyrant personality traits does not change in his next life time. He remains an absolute tyrant. But at the same time, changed himself to be 1 percent kinder in order to save his empire and change his own fate. This aspect makes it a really refreshing read. He ruthlessly kills his enemies, and he isn't shy to hide his powers. He does so with absolute grace and elegance, and without any mercy.

To give an example of his level of care of being evil: when a money grubbing enemy approached him with a bribe, he smiled and killed his enemy by smashing a liquor bottle and chopping the other's head off.

Description: (the one the author made. I'm lazy to think of one rn lol)
    I my lived my entire life a tyrant. When I woke up, I had returned to my youth. Assassination attempts, political enemies, war, and the fall of the empire. I will take hold of my own fate.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
    Deleted member 310942 and TXHY like this.
  2. Daoist Ghoul

Daoist Ghoul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how does it fare compared to Villain Wants To Live (if we ignore the ending)? Do they have the same premise?

3. laxarlev

laxarlev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. eeeee

eeeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    villain:
    - teacher
    - goal: not die
    - everyone hates him (at the start)
    - cares about his students
    - i would say he does wish to be less hated.
    - fell into a video game: knows almost everything
    i didn’t finish reading this story to the latest update…

tyrant:
    - royal tyrant prince
    - goal: stop the fate of the fall of his empire.
    - everyone fears him/ thinks he is an idiot drinking spoiled violent prince at the start
    - he doesn’t care if ppl hate him, he only cares about his own goals.
    - time travels back in time. this is real life for him and he doesn’t know everything. tho he has some clues and a head start
    - He takes the shortest route to solve his problems even if it means making himself into the bad guy. usually he wants to be the bad guy.

in tyrant, i would say he seeks death. he finds amusement and joy challenging himself and pushing himself into situations where he would die. I think he enjoys laughing against fate haha

i think this is one of the few where the protagonist can be so mean but be on the good side. He can get away with being bad since he’s the prince. The only person higher than him is the emperor haha

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  5. Daoist Ghoul

Daoist Ghoul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that seems to be an interesting premise. Is there romance/harem ?

6. eeeee

eeeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i’m about a third into the series, but i don’t see romance/harem happening. there is 1 girl right now but it’s one sided and more of a fan? this is a battle/war/empire rebuilding story

TXHY likes this.