LCD Absolute Resonance

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 18, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I don't know what you want to refine" Shouldn't he have told both of them and shown them the plans so they could prepare for it ahead of time? Trying to do it perfectly immediately after seeing the plans for the first time feels like a great way to guarantee failure if you don't know you have plot armor.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume he's been corrupted or something. I wonder how her heart will help him. I assume by making him stronger in some way, just not clear on the details. Regardless, I'm sure Li Luo will be responsible for taking him down at some point.

That aside, I wonder if Li Luo has decided on his next resonances yet, and if he'll stick with elemental essences. There's so many non-elemental essences out there, but even if he does stick to them, its not possible to get a full set.

Also curious what meaningless "downside" the author will come up with for him getting his new resonances, and if adding a third set will damage his ability to Become One with his current resonances.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so the actual process of the forging is being hidden from them. It makes more sense now that he'd have to pay them to help.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Cao Sheng is doing a truly terrible job of keeping outside forces from interfering ;)

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If the curse is something that a duke can seal, then the principal should be able to eradicate it with ease. It doesn't really make sense that it was left alone to fester and grow, especially in one of the teachers entrusted with the school's most valuable students.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so Shen Jinxiao is almost certainly the Ichthyic king. I wonder if some part of him is sealed without Li Luo's fiance's heart.

"Not even the school can do anything about a he-said-she-said." They absolutely can. They simply chose not to because dukes are hard to come by.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why he's not considering feeding the not-quite-a-duke beast he's got sealed into the wheel. I don't think it would be a particularly good idea, but I would have thought he'd have considered it, for cost cutting reasons if nothing else.

8. Greyman

Greyman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there should be quite the difference between forging an inert ingredient and a rebellious sealed beast.

Additionally resonances gain sentience at higher grades, so yeah, it wouldn't be a particularly brilliant move to acquire a resentful one.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C456: "Perhaps even more useful than the deadweights in the Two Star Hall." The author keeps this up and I might start feeling sorry for these people ;)

I wonder if they can forge four brooches together. If so, then I'm sure his fiance will happily donate hers.

C458: "He didn't look particularly bright" With that setup I was 90% sure it was Yu Lang, with other 10% being the MC ;)

C461: "No. Li Luo is not among them. Student Li Luo, please reflect seriously on your shortcomings." lol.

C465: "What's your name?" I half expected him to reply "Yu Lang" ;)

C471: "Bai Mengmeng was the weakest among them." No she's not. Yu Lang is. He's just otherwise occupied as bait.

"I think the schools that make it to the end will all choose this approach." Because its the author saying it, I'm sure it'll be true. But if it weren't, I'd disagree completely.

I dunno, when an anima beacon has already been set off, it feels like the perfect time to set off another, assuming you can find one to set off. I assume they must be more common that is being let on considering how much dew has to be collected, and how little is in each beacon.

C472: Why aren't they using the extremely narrow entrance to their advantage? They could easily hold that bottleneck with only one team and just swap out to give breaks. Its a fantastic defensive position, and they're straight up ignoring it.

C477: Regardless of how strong Li Luo is, now would be the perfect time for a fresh alliance to attack. It should be fairly obvious that it would be extremely difficult for his team to hold out against another assault by similar numbers as the last attack.

10. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn you're still here how is it I've just caught up to the manhua adaption can i expect it to be good? cause so far i fw it

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "More importantly, only a ninth-grade could pair with a ninth-grade, right?" He sure does like to forget that he's not actually ninth grade...

That aside, with the way this is dragging out, it'll probably be 5+ chapters before we actually get to the storm, nevermind the island :/
    Not sure if you saw my original reply since I wound up deleting due to technical issues with the site. If not, then I believe it was something along the lines of:

I'm not sure what fw is, but if you liked the early chapters, you'll probably like the later ones. Personally, I'm a bit on the fence about it. I like several of the characters, and something mildly original happens from time to time, but like 80%+ of the series is tournament arcs, there's never any real stakes in anything that happens, and the sparks of originality are fairly rare.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why put zero effort into deciding who will join them?

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Li Luo's experience with the Stairway to Heaven had taught him that the strength of the energy waves pushing against him would rise in intensity every thirty steps."
    "His unfaltering efforts eventually led him to step upon the thirtieth step."
    So, his experience with not stepping on the thirtieth step had taught him that doing so would raise the intensity of the waves? Sure. That sounds perfectly reasonable.

That aside, I wonder how many of his trump cards he's going to have to show off before the main tournament even begins.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't expect it to happen, but it would be funny if the other guy ran out of gas and couldn't reach the top ;)

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were here, I'm not sure if I would be feeling a little bit insulted. He's not the least bit afraid of her dual resonances, but he's bending over backward out of concern for the MC's. Of course, he's right, but she doesn't know that.

That aside, I wonder if this is actually a trap to try to get the two dual resonance users to take each other out. I'd have a bit more respect for the guy if it was ;)

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, the illusionist would have been far more useful than Lu Qing'er. Not only is her specialty capable of bridging the power gap, but she would also take her participation seriously.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C492: "Please, Li Luo. You should give me some credit. Do you think I would give you even a sliver of a chance in my plan?" Considering that you're talking instead of attacking while everyone was standing around wondering if they were in an illusion? Yes. Absolutely.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish the fight choreography was better. So much of this series is tournaments, yet the fights are so poorly done I wind up skimming or skipping all of them.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C503: "He was going to make her work for it, and she saw no other way than to pour her blood and sweat into it." Well, she could just do nothing and focus on restoring her energy while he keeps wasting his. He'll have to move eventually, and when he does, his power will be mostly spent (as far as she knows).

Alternatively, she could just leave and let him keep wasting energy while she goes and finds someone easier to beat up.

So, if she's raining down so much lighting that it destroys everything in the formation, then wouldn't it also destroy the formation? Formations rely on the features of their surroundings after all, so if the features change drastically, it should weaken or destroy the formation. Well, unless it was a much more advanced formation that created its own pocket dimension or something, but she's definitely not strong enough for that.

C505: I know its not, but it really feels like a waste to use the dragon pearl as a consumable rather than as a foundation for his third resonance.

C506: "it would fade when he removed the dragonpearl." Ah, so this is a repeatable boost not a consumable one. Well, that's much worse, narratively speaking. I thought he'd actually had to sacrifice something for once. It wasn't much, but it was definitely a step in a good direction. Now, its just another random power boost he pulled out of his a** because the author said he could.

C508: I find it strange that the teachers didn't notice him using earth resonance arts. He wasn't exactly being subtle about it after all. I don't expect them to know how he's doing it, but I would expect them to notice that he is doing it.

C509: "If Lu Jinci had a miracle up his sleeve, they were all saved." Unless that miracle involves sacrificing you three of course...

C510: Wow, the author is putting tons of effort into making certain that absolutely nothing happens.

20. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I always envision formations more as barriers. With xianxia power scaling if it really depended on the area within the formation wouldn't every character bomb it?