Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    the ended too happy is sending me lmao

2. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Because Luciano and Delfina's marriage had no issue. Ines also prepared before she left for Ille Tasya to make sure Delfina is taken care of so Olga won't bully Delfina. She told Delfina to rely on her father, Leonel. And Luciano isn't stuck on revenge as his sister is alive and well. Ines also fought with her mother. She jokingly told Delfina that her mother won't complain about Delfina now because compare to her own daughter, Delfina will look much better. Delfina told her that she shouldn't sacrifice her relationship with her own mother for her. Ines didn't think it was much of a sacrifice as she still hates her mother. Ines also noticed that Luciano gets a bit of jealousy and laughs over it. Carcel on the other hand knows they will live just fine since they quickly got a child right after marriage in their 1st life. So in the end, everything hints to a relatively smooth marriage between Luciano and Delfina, hence why there's nothing much else to add on to that.

***​

Some things from the side story.

Miguel took a long time to get over his fiancee's death. During Luciano's wedding, he felt some day he would like to marry in the future so he's not limiting himself to mourn forever but currently he still cries over it when he thinks back to Viviana. When he danced with Delfina and they talked about marriage, Delfina told him not to be sad since he cried. Miguel matured a lot as we can tell from his POV as he sometimes look at his brother and sister-in-law as if they're silly and young.

A lot of my readers hated Ines' mother but her past wasn't great either. Her mother was mentally abused by her grandmother. She wasn't a high ranking noble and was called a prostitute by her mother-in-law (Olga's grandmother). Olga grew up trying not to be like her mother. She wanted to be the "perfect" noblewoman. Aimed for the highest seat she could get, marrying Leonel. Leonel actually loved his wife. He's actually quite similar to Carcel in many aspects, a romantic at heart. Leonel told Olga when he married her that she doesn't have to worry and he will take care of her knowing her family, but she was so ingrained from birth that she wasn't able to change and Leonel wasn't very understanding as his family was perfect. He was the oldest son, the heir, to two very loving parents. Olga always clashed with her mother-in-law because Olga was so uptight with the "perfect" noblewoman, but also jealous of of mother-in-law's life. Leonel's mother was quiet and gentle, a woman very loved by her husband who let her do anything. Olga doesn't trust marrying for love and never trusted Leonel never cheated on her. He stopped having sex with her because he found out she has a weak womb and could die from pregnancy (something Ines inherited). Olga thinks Leonel was cheating on her because he stopped sleeping with her. She would sometimes visit Mendoza with their kids to try to catch him cheating but Leonel would secretly be excited to see his wife and kids visiting him at work. When Olga died in 1st timeline, Leonel visited Carcel one time at Calztela and told Carcel that he would love to show Olga the sea. Carcel who remembered the 1st timeline, was able to understand Olga and even when Ines never forgives her mother in current timeline, it is Carcel who is more understanding of Olga and hopes their kids can still have a relationship with their maternal grandmother.

Carcel's grandfather also loved his wife very much and his cold wife actually loved her husband as well. The Escalantes were good with their hands and do woodcrafting for fun. His grandfather would used to make wooden toys for his children to show his affection. He would also make wooden figurines for his wife. His wife would never show them out saying they're embarrassing, but when she passed away, she told their son, Juan, to keep everything in her safe a secret and bury them with her. Juan opened the safe and realized they were all the figurines her husband made her, then told his father. Calderon cried when he saw and told Juan that the thing he regret the most in life was he was never able to be with his wife at her passing days since he was always out in sea. He had a grave prepped right next to his wife so when he dies he can be buried with his wife. And just like Calderon, Juan also makes things for his sons out of wood and in turn Carcel is doing the same for his kids. He was teaching Luciano to make wooden beads for the cross necklace for his kids. He made fun of Luciano that the Valeztenas really aren't good with their hands because Luciano was really bad at it and Ines was bad at embroidery even though he loves the handkerchief she embroidered for him. He shows it off any chance he gets.

Another interesting thing is the rivalry between Leonel and Juan. Apparently the Montes family were close with the Escalantes so Olga knew Juan from youth and Leonel had been jealous of Juan thinking Juan and Olga loved each other. Juan told Leonel that he had always intended to marry Isabella and told Leonel to stop his petty jealousy.

We see a part where Carcel still wishes revenge but because of Ines he lets it go and Ines is able to let it go because of Regina. Regina who told Ines she doesn't wish to seek revenge against the empress for the sake of her son, taught Ines to also let go for the sake of a happier future.

Before Ines left, she had a touching moment with her father where he told her that she doesn't have to forgive her mother and just live happily. He apologize for not being a good parent. She also apologize for not being a good daughter to which Leonel doesn't agree. Ines said he will now have a good "daughter" (Delfina).

There's a long POV of the emperor who is like his son, Oscar. He tried to keep Ines away from the capital by sending her to the island thinking it'll secretly be punishment in the guise of "reward". Not knowing the island was filled with riches of the white reef and the minerals, he agreed to a deal with Juan. So in the end the wealth they'll make on the island will be for Ines and her daughter and the children of her daughter. Ines who will come to govern the island will pass the title to her daughter. Their son will take over Escalante. (I am secretly anticipating their 3rd child while Carcel and Ines are on the island because of the death of their 3rd child in 1st timeline.) They didn't bring their kids with them to Ille Tasya since they're stationed there for a year or two. They originally planned to bring their kids when they thought of going there as vacation for a month but since right now they're working, they left their kids in Isabella's care.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    assiralc_, nyxxx, torte1315 and 37 others like this.
  3. MLisMyHubby

MLisMyHubby Isekaid Villainess >:)

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad Miguel is moving on even if it is a little bit. Actually I don't know what should I feel about Luciano since in the previous timeline he killed Emiliano and planning to kill his own nephew too. If I'm Ines I would have complicated feelings cause I know my brother cares about me but he also killed my husband. Thank you so much!

4. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    It was her father who ordered the death of Luca. As for why Ines forgave her brother and father is because the blame fell on Oscar. Oscar promised them he would forgive Ines and not punish her. She knew her father and brother would've left her family alone if not for Oscar because Luciano was someone who could not have killed Emiliano and Luca because she loved them. (It was a chapter I already tled not sure if posted.) Luciano was someone who couldn't touch what she loved no matter how he hated it because he loved his sister that much so the only reason he would touch them is because someone threatened to hurt her. As for her father, he wouldn't have hurt someone with the same blood as him so he wouldn't have ordered Luca killed. And for that alone, she forgave them because she came to an understanding of WHY they did it and because it was for her, she can't blame them.

Ines also put most of the blame on their death on herself more than her father and brother. A lot of readers at the beginning thought she still loved Emiliano but it was only some lingering feelings with just mostly guilt. She had long lived past her feelings in her younger, more suicidal years and as an adult she was more calm into realizing other things. When her guilt was lifted because Emiliano told her not to blame herself, she was able to move on. You're right the feelings are complicated but it's only her who will feels complicated and only her who has the choice to not let the complication halt her relationships in current life. Because she misses her past relationship with her brother more, she could tell herself this is a different life and in this life, Luciano didn't kill them and in this life Luca does not exist, thus in this "one and only life" she will live well. There's so many readers that view everything as black and white, but it's not really like that and she as a character is real in the story and in her story, she is not going to keep blaming her father and brother who didn't commit those act in the current lifetime in order so she can still improve her relationship with them. If anything, she regrets it more that she didn't forgive her brother earlier because that is time lost that she could've gotten closer to him so in current life she will never be as close to her brother as she was in her past lifetimes.

The thing is two way. It's the choices for people who remember. Emiliano who also remembers doesn't choose to blame Luciano either. Luciano will visit the chapel to pick up Matteo and will have a brief encounter with Emiliano. Luciano doesn't know Emiliano and only think of him as the talented painter whom Ines sponsored before and only viewed Emiliano as a talented individual. Emiliano having remembered felt complicated but he knows it's another life and thus chose not to think too much about it. Luciano will probably end up being his sponsor since Ines has no plans to ever meet Emiliano nor tie herself to him. When Luciano brought up gifting her a painting painted by Luciano, she turned down that idea and said she already has another painter planned to do the portraits of her children.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    torte1315, Tobbit, Elisee and 21 others like this.
  5. tenfourfive

tenfourfive Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve caught up with your translations in just 2 days and I absolutely love the story & couldn't resist looking for spoilers for some answers but I ended up with more questions

1. you mentioned Olga having suicide on the 1st timeline.. does that mean she has memories on the 2nd where Ines married Oscar?

2. if revenge by Luciano happened on the 2nd timeline who killed Oscar on the first one leading him to marry Ines the 2nd timeline?

hope anyone can help so I can have a sound mind.

6. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Olga didn't commit suicide but died from sickness. She let herself get sick to the point of dying.

2. Your 2nd question is confusing me but I'll try to explain again. Luciano's revenge in 2nd tl is because Oscar was the reason Ines committed suicide in 2nd tl. The revenge was for Ines' death. And in 2nd tl Luciano didn't kill Oscar because he tortured him alive and Oscar commit suicide cause he couldn't handle the pain. In 1st tl, Luciano killed him not because of revenge but because Oscar was a shitty leader. He became a tyrant so Luciano killed him to overthrow him with the illegitimate prince. As for Oscar, marrying Ines was not part of the revenge to Luciano. He married Ines because when he was reborn he was thinking he should start by having everything he can't have to fix why he died and that was having Ines. He tortured Ines because of Carcel, and he married her because he thinks Carcel stole her from him. But he couldn't realize he "loved" Ines because of Luciano since they have similar face, he keeps thinking he didn't "love" her and was fine torturing her. So when he was reborn in 3rd and 4th tl, he tried to have her again. If you read a lot of other knovels with horrible mls, Oscar is similar to them. He realizes his love too late and regretted and then tried to have Ines again. The only difference is that he has memories of what he has done so he was pretty shameless in trying to get Ines when he knew he was horrible. But it was because he knew he had done her wrong that he was much more "gentle" around her in 4th timeline. You don't see him rushing to kill Carcel like he did in 3rd tl with Emiliano. The only reason he started to want to kill Carcel is because Ines fell for Carcel and Oscar thought Ines wouldn't ever love Carcel and come back to him. But in hurting Ines in other ways other than trying to kill Carcel, he wouldn't do that again because he's scare of her committing suicide and leaving him again.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  7. tenfourfive

tenfourfive Member

Reading List:
    Link

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ANSWER I finally get it now.. all along I thought Oscar was killed the 2nd timeline too so I was confused. Man, Oscar is by far one of the antagonists I hate so much but I still wanna understand how he thinks (I know how shitty that sounds) I’m honestly so excited for new chapters even though I’ve pretty much read all the spoilers so thanks so much for your hard work!!!

8. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BB4D8BB4-062D-47C7-8C02-245AB5DB6591.jpeg F083CAB4-10A3-423C-A834-F1A014B9150C.jpeg
    The prologue and first chapter are coming out today. (Also, The manhwa isn’t r19)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  9. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I find out this was getting a manhaw I was worried about the art but it actually look good

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  10. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just saw the news on Tappytoon and damn the art looks good tho.

Nani.Raciaxoxo likes this.
  11. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    PattyCakes and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  12. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gonna lie, I find it kind of disturbing how this ML keeps shamelessly obsesssing over the FL's 'first'. It feels very objectifying. I mean if he truly loves her why should it matter? It's not like he was pure himself. I wished they never cleared up the misundestanding of her not being a virgin anymore. The fact that the ML was so happy when he found out just makes it seem like their 'true love' is only based on MC's purity and he wouldn't be as happy if she wasn't.

I wonder if MC was the one who did the same things the ML did here instead would people be as receptive and find her actions still acceptable or will they hate her like the FL in 'Marriage Business' (who 'cheated' on the ML because she was a neglected child bride who was getting bullied by his staff).

treyyy, Nani.Raciaxoxo, noula and 4 others like this.
  13. Elle0o

Elle0o Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys know where to read th translated novel? I tried to find it in NU but it's no longer available

14. mangosteen

mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

It’s all been spoiled on the first page … he DID CHEAT on her before marrying her but after marriage he stopped …and the reason why he cheated on her in the first place was bc of her manipulation she WANTED him to cheat on her she didn’t care if he did … even after marriage she still WANTED him too but he refuses and gets upset :blobokhand:

keikomushi and IIVISS like this.
  15. IIVISS

IIVISS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello:) i'm a little confused i know the ML did cheated on FL and sleep with someone else but he can't erect with them right?but still he continue cheated on FL? so after the marriage does he still sleep around and cheated on fl or not?? tbh the timeline confused me a lot lol (sorry about my englishTT)

16. mangosteen

mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay so before marriage he cheated on her, but then he started dreaming of ines and couldn’t get erect with other women anymore and then he kissed her and told her we won’t be sleeping with anyone anymore even after marriage … hope that helps … legit the cheating is all in the beginning of the story after that no cheating from him even tho SHE WANTED HIM TO! :blobhero:

salty25, PattyCakes and IIVISS like this.
  17. _vouzmevoyez_

_vouzmevoyez_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw the first chapter of the manhwa adaptation. I can already smell that many manhwa readers will shit on Carcel and possibly Ines. It makes me wanna gatekeep this lol.

18. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, you're misunderstanding. He is not even obsessing over her first. He doesn't care if he isn't her first. In the novel he would rather she had done it with many other men rather than have 1 special guy. Also if you had read my spoilers you would know their love had nothing to do with her purity. It was all from their first timeline. They both loved each other from the first timeline. He had prayed to never love anyone else but Ines and Ines prayed for Carcel to find someone to love and this is why the epilogue of the novel is called where the end meets the beginning because it all comes full circle.

I literally spoiled the whole novel. Can people not ask redundant questions? He only cheated when they were engaged, not after marriage.

This is why I picked up the novel, because I had to keep defending my favorite novel due to people like these readers. It's getting so annoying that I lost motivation putting up my previous translations.

19. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They also hated the ML from Ever Ever After, because he was a playboy before meeting MC
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/ever-ever-after.106642/
    Stop making this about gender pls.
    Why?, I legitimately wondering why she wanted to be cheated on?

Angela3107 likes this.
  20. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    the chapters got removed ?? i didnt even get around to readjng it ill have to mtl so many volumes

gotta work hard

if youre wondering then read the spoilers lol
    im sure this was answered multiple times

Eloisane likes this.