Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it literally says why in the summary… and the whole story is spoiled here.

2. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Wordpress got dmca from Ridi and removed my translations. I started posting again on Wix but I'll probably move back to WordPress under a different site name soon since I don't like Wix. I am allowing readers to read my previous translations if they can show me proof they purchased or unlock the chapters and since you've been mtl-ing it, I wouldn't mind sharing them later on with you.

keikomushi, MianneChan, mrs_F and 8 others like this.
  3. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    just saw the art and ykw i can forgive the lack of r19 and r15 the art is really making the story come alive fg

thank you!!! i’ll send proof(?) to you as soon as im free to read cause i dont wanna pile it up and then forget
    youre an angel

4. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, what a poor reason, feels vague, this story might not catch my attention tbh.
    I wanted to skip reading 6 pages of spoilers, but I'm glad it was in the summary

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  5. IIVISS

IIVISS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much your the best!!!:aww:

6. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i didn’t say it’s vague… it’s really well written and wasn’t a poor reason (imo)
    I replied to you because you were asking why when it’s mentioned in the summary and the whole novel is spoiled.

7. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, it was my own opinion, thanks for the reply.

Wapdyne likes this.
  8. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that vague. She wanted to divorce him using the reason that he cheated but she also needed to marry him to avoid marrying the prince. When she first chose him as a 6-year-old she figured he might die from war anyway since he will become a navy man, but as she got older, she does have some care towards him so she just wished to divorce him where it could benefit the both of them. He could get the heir for his family since he didn't want to become the Duke himself and she could be linked to his family name which in turn wouldn't allow her to be married to the imperial family. In order to divorce, there needs to be reason for it so she wanted him to cheat on her. He was already considered a "player" in her past life so she thought he was a "player". Little does she know he wasn't really a "player" and only slept around in past life so the prince won't hurt her as much. But because of his "player" reputation she just expected him to cheat on her since he was young and as he got older since it was "expected" of him, he did it.

9. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem would be if there was even least bit feeling involved from FL's side. It would be understandable to hate him if he intentionally throw women on FL's face to trash her. We all hate that type of trope. But here there is also psychological factors involved. FL is way too broken because of past experiences, multiple miscarriages, a bastard who gave stds. Got a chance to runaway in new life and started a family only for her husband to be killed later on and she was forced to kill her own son ans she managed to keep her sanity even after this.

And it cannot be made clear enough that she choose Carcel because she wanted him to cheat. This way it would be easy for her to leave the marriage. She didn't care about his sleeping habits unlike othr novels where ML would cheat even after knowing that she loves him and would keep trashing her in entire novel. Only for FL to forgive him. This is clearly not lile that. She already has memories of 2 failed marriages. So it is clear to see that she doesn't care what Carcel was doing. Her end goal was just to divorce and escape.

If you ask me Carcel has nothing on other husbands who mentally hurt their wives cuz they hate their family or some other shit. Those type of regretful ML get a free pass just because "at least he didn't cheat" card.

Thank you @NohrNeir for your detailed spoilers.

10. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I just saying it's vague, because I just didn't feel anything after reading the summary or the 2 first manwha chapters, I know the reasons are well justified, it's just that...mmmm, I just don't really like the allow you to cheat dynamic, that is why I asked the reason for her allowing him to cheat, ( maybe she just like it, dunno)., not really picking my interest, I will end my posts on this thread and leave.

11. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    genuine question - how is a cheating kink a better reason than literal trauma

12. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think they understand the explanations. Might be a language barrier since it had been explained many times why she wanted a divorce yet they still think "maybe she just like it, dunno". So I can only conclude that person isn't really reading my spoilers or anyone's responses and getting blinded just by the word 'cheating'. Obviously Ines wasn't in the right mindset to have a happy marriage. It's as @solaria_ had said and they understood it from the spoilers so I think the other person just didn't want to understand it. IMO "cheating" kink isn't bad either. I'm all for polyamory if all people in the party agree to it.

Either way people are so hung up on his "cheating" when chapter 13 in the novel was the last time he tried to cheat and he married her around chapter 40. There's like almost 500 chapters in the novel so the cheating isn't even relevant.

13. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    I said maybe she just liked it as one of the many reasons why she could have allowed him to cheat,so that is why I asked the question,very different to what you are saying.

14. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is you said it after saying you know the reason is justified so it seemed as if you had already read the spoilers. Also not sure why you would have to read 6 pages of spoilers when the novel was fully spoiled on the 1st page. The other pages are just redundant explanations because people kept going on about his cheating when it wasn't relevant in the story.

15. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just writing the reasons why I asked the question.
    I didn't scroll the 1st page,I found the spoiler thread and went to page 6, I later saw the manwha,thought of it as a buff,saw a comment saying he cheated on her,and I just asked because I was wondering what could be the reason for her allowing it to happen,simple curiosity of mine.
    Not all the novels are as spoiled as this one,or spoil the same things,maybe users who spoiled some stories don't care about those details or just didn't find those details,because they didn't read the whole story,it can happen.

PattyCakes likes this.
  16. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruh, I've been reading your spoilers for this since january of this year and just reread them again for manhwa. The thing about your spoilers is that you give all of them in so much detail that there is not even any room left for questions. We also don't have to go read 30+ pages to get the answers. I only had to read first few posts and I got the whole story. I would be the first one to drop it if it had cheating for absolute no reason. You and the story genuinely explained why it was there in the first place. I am sure people who are reading the novel or so much detailed spoilers can have brain power to understand it. Also, this case of cheating doesn't we should automatically forgive all those who cheat for no reason at all. Like maybe understand the whole story dynamic, author wouldn't even put this in the story in the first place.

But it seems that she build up a really messed up aristocrat society and cheating here worked. Also, I am not sure about others but it was obvious to me that FL is a compelete manipulator. Under the circumstances she was engaged to him, I don't even think she believed she is in a relationship. To her ML is just another guy who is playing around. Even some real life arrange marriages work this way. 2 people just co exist without any feelings involved. Many aristrocrat marriages were also like this. Also, I am not sure others have noticed but FL also kinda cheated in one of her lifetimes when she ran away with painter. I would be really hurt if FL liked him and he still did it. But here there is no point in getting hurt. It kinda reminds me of reading lady to queen. Readers were more offended in FL's behalf cuz ML had concubine. While she till the end didn't care at all. Tho that guy was not a likable ML till the end.

17. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most spoilers got toc on 1st pg so can check there first before asking cuz then there will just be bunch of new pgs of repeat

MianneChan and Eloisane like this.
  18. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very quick question so ML was always a player in all 4 life's? And only did adultery in his 4th life because of manipulation from FL??

If so, NICE, this story sounds very interesting and complicated, I like:blobamused:
    Sad the manhwa isn't R19 though :(

Nani.Raciaxoxo likes this.
  19. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    No he wasn't. They were each other's first in 1st tl because they married at a very young age and loved each other since they were children. Carcel was the first one to want to marry and love her in 1st tl. Ines knew he loved her since she was 7. He was only a known "player" in 2nd tl because Oscar forced him to sleep with other women. Carcel did it to prevent rumors because he loved Ines in 2nd tl as well. In 3rd tl, there's nothing much about him since Ines ran away when she was 16 so no reason for him to be a "player". And in 4th tl he was a player because she manipulated him to be one.

20. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ngl ML is kinda ugly in the manhwa, but FL is so pretty

I didn't like how he allowed his plaything to bash FL but I guess he hates her due to FL "manipulation" and doesn't care?

Galaxies_pob, Naenia and IIVISS like this.