Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. IIVISS

IIVISS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much

Thank you so much and sorry i’m just don’t understand some part

2. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for clarifying, very excited for this manhwa, it looks very good and interesting, very different from the classic (and my I say basic) stories we been getting lately.

Wait if the first tl was good wtf happen, who restarted it? well atleast (I hope) they get a happy one as well in the current tl. Do ML and FL remember the first tl? Or does FL only remember two life times (2nd & 3rd) except for the first tl in the beginning of the story?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  3. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    all the questions are answered in this post

NohrNeir and zoefleyl like this.
  4. mangosteen

mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish ppl would stop asking the same questions over and over again when everything has been spoiled in the first few pages :notlikeblob::facepalm::blobfearful:

5. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    readers find this situation unpleasant because of the time difference but in that time period this thing was very normal but that's the thing about readers they like to read about these time period but only about the good stuff not the bad one They find it very hard to accept story like this because of the time period and the that very understandable if you don't like this story you don't have to read it and you don't even have to be here it's okay you don't have to defend yourself to people about why you don't like it you just leave. Even on Twitter people are in love with this story even though they know there is cheating inside and some who don't even like cheating is reading the story and I make it very clear to them if you don't like these things do not read this story and some of them saying is too good and the art it's too pretty to not read it and that's okay that's the thing about toxic story is toxic and that's why there is warnings or some time people warn you about it but no matter how many times you warn people they're still going to read toxic story and they're complain about it and that make it very uncomfortable for people who actually like the story to keep defending it all to the end nobody want to do that people want to read the story in peace without defending it after every chapter so if you read the first spoiler page and you don't like it leave don't come here complaining for people to keep defending the story everybody made it very clear that the story have cheated in it. I Myself too sometimes I don't like story like this but I actually like this one.

6. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    thinking about how this already got a official translation but the other cute one didnt :(:( i really liked that one it was so cute.
    that aside i wonder how the manhwa will bring up the convos without it being even r15? i do hope they dont cut it out completely i can even work with black screen and speech bubbles really.

also i do think that reading initial spoilers can make or break your opinion on any series because if the first page had comments like - he cheated? trash. then all the people would go with trash trash trash but because the first page had only people who really liked the novel, we have successfully saved ourselves a headache.

MianneChan, TrinaAngel and NohrNeir like this.
  7. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, I actually did read this but idk guess my brain kinda hint a bump, but it still didn't answer if FL remembered the first timeline since she only committed a sin in her 2nd and 3rd life. But I'm guessing ML did since the last part I'm assuming he got all memories from all life times

NohrNeir likes this.
  8. mangosteen

mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh she has another manhwa??? May I know that tile of it? :cookie:

9. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is called "The Abduction of mademoiselle". Our good friend NohrNeir have spoiled it as well :cookie:

mangosteen and NohrNeir like this.
  10. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    FL only remembers 2nd and 3rd. She only realizes there's a 1st tl at the end of volume 4. So it was a mystery to the readers as well when they first read it. You can read the summary of all 8 volumes in 1st page of spoilers. Volume 8 is their 1st life and it was the most tragic part of the story. The side stories are still ongoing and I was waiting for it to end to spoil it. I spoiled half of it already in some earlier post on pg5.
    ML only remembered 1st life. It was given to him in a dream in the epilogue. He doesn't remember the other two tls that well. Just like how FL doesn't remember the 1st tl well. She only remembered the 2nd and 3rd tls well since she lived through them. For 1st tl she got random memories from Anastasio. ML got random memories of 2nd and 3rd from Anastasio but got the full 1st tl memory from a dream.

I did remember explaining this whole part before to someone else where I listed everyone's memories.
    Oscar had memories of all past 3 tls. Emiliano has memories of 3rd tl. Ines has memories of 2nd and 3rd (but gradually gets random memories of 1st, not all memories). Carcel has none in the beginning and gradually gets memories as story progresses of parts of 2nd and 3rd but at the very end he gets a full memory of 1st.

Her other novel was first on KKP so it was a KKP manhwa and they probably didn't think it would be popular enough to have it translated. That novel isn't as popular as this novel. This novel was really popular on Ridibook. The author seems to be more popular on Ridibook for older audiences and KKP has younger audiences based on KKP's other works. I really hoped it was at least r15 for this manhwa because ML was very flirtatious and FL was very aggressive with sex when she started liking him back. :blobconfounded: They had r15 for the other manhwa but I think the artist still rushed the scenes and skipped a lot of their cute flirts.

MianneChan, mrs_F, rock.doll and 6 others like this.
  11. Emarulde

Emarulde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk if somebody mentioned this before but the ML name looks like a pun I mean his name is Carcel Escalante de Esposa, that in spanish means
    Carcel = Jail
    Escalante = climber
    de Esposa = of wife

LOL the author made no effort to show subtlety.

12. Corunee

Corunee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol
    Carcel means "jail/prison" in Spanish
    Will it be how ml's life is?

13. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    It is meant to be a pun because the author loves to write in puns. Even the title is a pun. The Spanish title was meant to say the marriage is sinking because there's a lot of navy references in the novel and the ocean.

As for his name, it does get brought up again in the epilogue. Ines would tell him that she's his prison since she feels he is bound to her. Carcel said he's actually her prison since he's the one who bound her to him. The English title with The Broken Ring also makes sense in the novel because the epilogue title was "The Beginning and the End Finally Meets" so the loop comes full circle. It also referenced to the wind returning to where it blew from and the river meets the sea.

Edit: The author explained his name more in a Q&A released later.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  14. Alanif_7.

Alanif_7. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I followed the link but found that the site is no longer available. Is there perhaps another place where I can read the story. It's really super interesting and I feel like I'm missing out not being able to read it

Swonder07 likes this.
  15. Swonder07

Swonder07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys know if the web novel is going to have an official translation like Under the Oak tree were you can buy the Kindle version off of Amazon?

16. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    considering how popular it is in korea and if the manhwa does well, i think we can expect it.

their best selling were oak tree and grand duke and both got official novel translations

17. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I was speculating they gave me dmca because they do plan to have it legally translated and also given the time when I got dmca, how close it was to manhwa release. They must have known about my translations and was keeping tabs on it for worldwide popularity before hitting me with the dmca. It also makes sense they released the English translation for the manhwa first before the Korean because they're trying not to have groups pick it up illegally knowing it's popularity from the translation.

18. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so glad this story is getting the attention it deserve with Westin reader. Can y'all believe it hit 10k views even before the official release ?!?
    People are so done with the boring routine, they want to get mad. Because a lot of author I feel like it's playing safe so right now a lot of story is boring and people want new things like even people that say they don't like cheating it's even reading the story, I hope it keep getting popular cuz this story is so good.

19. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah thats what i though too considering ridi doesnt read give dmca that much kkp is more active in that aspect

hope the novel translations will be good too cause the author's writing seems amazing

20. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    They're also releasing raws 3 months later after English gets released first so they won't even allow illegal translation to tl ahead in chapters. The Korean manhwa is scheduled to be released around autumn-winter.

Fun fact: all the fanarts on the first page of this forum, I believe that fanartist is the artist for this manhwa from a Korean news I saw.

[​IMG]
    She drew this picture for the author in commemoration for author finishing the novel during that time. The artist is really good. I had been sharing her fanarts as I tl before. She made her twitter private recently so don't ask me for it.

Ridibook will be releasing a revised version of the novel so underage people can unlock as well. Revised version is r15 and without smut. That does not required verification. Can wait for that release if don't want to verify.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022