Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    He wasn't even the one with STDs. It was CP who did. He made sure to be clean even though he chose to sleep around. As for why the progression was weird, it's because he had that lustful dream with FL and after that he couldn't do it with anyone else anymore since his dick couldn't rise. As for why he had the dream, it was given to him to trigger him to marry FL. Anastasio was paying back Ines and answering their wishes from their 1st life. But the story progression is slow and these things don't get revealed quickly so everything just seems random to some people.

The cheating fun didn't disappear because she allowed him but because he felt guilty thinking she knew it. Whereas when he thought she didn't know, it was out of mind, out of sight so he didn't feel guilty over it. As for him not defending FL, ML knows they're wrong regardless and whatever happened after didn't matter as it was just a prologue.

This is the prologue in the novel

“…So for your fiancée, huh, my lord, it’s such a waste……. She’s too ordinary. Of course, the family couldn’t be better. Because she’s the youngest of the Valeztena family.”

“…….”

Inés Valeztena de Pérez.

That quiet face that’s suffocating just from thinking about it.

Cárcel frowned like a sculpture. It was somehow too vivid of a reminder in his head. The desire subsided in an instant.

“If her face is not very pretty, it would be nice if she has a beautiful, thin, soft, soft taste….”

He wasn’t even happy with gossip.

Cárcel looked at the wall for a while, twisting his head nervously and exquisitely avoiding the Countess’s lips. Like that, the vision was naturally facing the side.

“…With a perfect fiancé like you around, such a hard, boring face. She’s not even a nun…….”

Inés Valeztena was looking at them.

With a unique, hard, boring, nun-like look from a chapel.

It was the first time he got caught in the 17th year of his engagement.

It was said he wasn't happy with the gossip and avoided her kiss so when he tried to avoid her kiss, he saw Ines.

After that was just Carcel going to Ines' place to explain himself and Ines telling him she didn't care.

2. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure he was manipulated! so shouldn't the effects of this so called manipulation last even after marriage? :hmm: his sudden change is hard to digest after marrying her. I mean we are talking about a man who happily cheats on FL and allows women to trash talk her. Suddenly he begins to lust over her and years of manipulation is washed away? hmmm.

Cheating may not be the focal point of this story but it's still a big part of it, I mean it literally starts with him cheating so author probably meant for readers to dislike ML while gradually liking him, nothing wrong with new readers not liking him.

@NohrNeir yeah I know he didn't have STDs, I just threw it out there since he loved sleeping around, he might have gotten it too lol, thankfully he didn't.

The different opinions DO make sense, some of yall are trying too hard to force people into liking the story immediately instead of understanding their view points imo.

I personally enjoy the story but that doesn't mean I will ignore weak points of it.

nagibee and noula like this.
  3. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    the novel is almost 500 chapters, and they get married by like 40.

460 chapters of no cheating, you tell me if this is a big part or not.

and again,

no one cares whether you like it or not, we're just tired of the constant cheating point that is being brought up when it was literally cleared up in the first post itself.
    no novel is perfect im sure you can find something else to criticise instead of a minor plot point that was cleared up very fast

4. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand people hating the story if it's reasonable but to say ML is bad and doesn't deserve to be with FL is just readers putting in their own opinions without understanding the context. Normally I would hate cheating too but in this case I view it more as open relationship because she allowed him to sleep around. She only held onto him as fiance to avoid marrying the prince but had no feelings for him and she knew he never got STDs before from previous tl so she trusted him more. Because at the core of it, ML isn't a bad ML. He is more well-liked by Korean readers than Ines. He's patient and understanding and selfless with Ines. Despite him being possessive of her, he was willing to divorce her to let her marry Emiliano if it meant Ines being happy but neither Emiliano nor Ines would've wanted another tragedy. Even FL never thought of him as a bad guy and actually wanted to divorce so he can meet a better woman than her because she doesn't view herself as a good enough woman for him. She pitied him for loving her.

I've also wrote in a previous post that cheating is very normal in Ortega. In fact the way Ines views it is, if the other person knows and allows it and it doesn't break their dignity to outsiders, she view it as it's normal. The emperor and empress both sleep around as well. She didn't care if Oscar slept around either as long if it weren't for her getting STDs and having miscarriages because of that. Her mother even thought her father was cheating when he never did. It's just such a normal thing in the aristocracy of Ortega because many married not for love but connection. She only opposes cheating if love is added to the equation so once she loves Carcel, she wouldn't allow him to cheat. Because marriage and engagement is for the family but love is different.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  5. yoro3shi

yoro3shi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this why I'm really not bothered by the ML sleeping around. It was pretty much an open relationship. I guess some are bothered cause it's not a concept that's normally seen in romance mahnwa. Both ML and FL have slept with other people (FL in her past life but she still remembers) If it's just not your thing don't read this story.

6. lola46

lola46 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have the novel pdf or ePub

Omg do you have the novel link

LaylaSides likes this.
  7. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, you might wanna take this statement back now :blobwoah: Just saw a latest review on that popular manhwa site

8. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    this is nothing my friend, ive survived how to hide the emperor's child, this one is getting a lot better review honestly
    ive lowkey started to hate the review section lol

and its only going to get worse from here on, just a prologue out and we've had people bring up cheating in the forum idek whatll happen when the rest of the chapters come out

96fbc3cd-8806-4ee0-81f2-fd5cb72962fd.jpeg ep 11 thumbnail, is this emiliano?

9. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That does seem like emiliano! :blobcatblush: Maybe that's Ines' chapter

NohrNeir, Wapdyne and seoktonin like this.
  10. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is clearly making out in next chapter with some other woman and I can already hear the complaints. Maybe I should let this pile up till chapter 20 or more :sweating_profusely:

NohrNeir likes this.
  11. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    thats going to take you 3-4 months considering its a 10 days manhwa lol but yes ill also be piling up chapters so i dont read comments or if you have great self control just turn off the comment and review section before you an read lol

12. salty25

salty25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gosh, I came here to read some spoilers because I got super excited for the manhwa release… and the amount of people taking his cheating at the beginning of 4th life to extreme lengths is astounishing.

I hate cheating men, I really do, cheating trope is probably the breaking point for me - the ml could be a possessive, obsessed killer and I’d be like “whatever shit happens”… but when he cheats, have concubines etc I’m out because I can’t stand sharing.

But with this story IT’S NOT EVEN THE IMPORTANT PART. Maybe I’d feel bad if he cared for the women he slept with but it was clearly said that he doesn’t and they don’t even show up to cause them trouble.

The whole point is that this story makes a full circle — in their 1st life they were together, they loved each other, had children together, were faithful but their end was tragic. Shit happened and they lived 2nd & 3rd lifetime without even remembering their 1st life.

In 4th life she didn’t care, she persuade him herself that it’s okay if he sleeps around and is surrounded by other women… she did this all with future divorce in mind. +All people getting angry at him for sleeping with other women should kept their judgy attitude for fl as well since she was involved with other men during her all lifetimes.

And as much as I understood they only remembered their 1st life later in their 4th -current - life. I don’t know, for me it’s clear that they were destined to be together and had to go through lots of hardship to get their happily ever after.

I didn’t even read the novel since it’s unavailable but I can grasp as much just from spoilers here, so does the people blindly judging him read with their eyes closed? Or did they just saw someone on tiktok/twitter say that he is a cheater and a bad guy who doesn’t deserve fl and came here just to drop useless thoughts how much they hate him for being a cheater without grasping the whole story ~_~

13. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I can expect that this manhwa will take years to end considering the movel had 500 chapters :hmm:

That's the main point. None of us like cheaters either. Because in most cases feelings are involved and it is used for regret and misunderstanding trope. Other times MLs intentionally do it to hurt FL. That's the type that no one would support. But here like you said and what we all are saying is that there is not a single attachment from FL's side. No one is hurting at all and this whole thing is such a minor part of the novel. The story is focused on much different issues. But then again someone would come in and try to make this insignificant part significant and start endless theories. I can only understand if the person is blankly starting the manhwa without spoiler. But after reading the spoiler that are so clearly written and still making this an issue feels extra and unnecessary.

As for the readers who are blindly reading it or reading it with spoilers, I hope they stop shaming other readers for liking the story. Like how is someone's preferrance is anything of their concern? They simply write "you all like cheating ML cuz he is handsome" and this might be the most annoying statement.

14. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the reason some of them are "feeling bad" about the cheating for the female lead is because they're looking at her as an innocent person and guys PLEASE if you don't like the story if you don't like cheating you could LEAVE nobody is forcing you here like it's so freaking annoying having to clear everything up every second LEAVE people that actually enjoyed the story to ask sensible question and get to understand the story more, you guys are taking up people time and so stressful having to explain everything to people who clearly is not here to understand. You guys shouldn't be replying to anybody with stupid questions except these people with the same question over and over because they cleared are not reading the spoilers that we have up here

when this Story come out there's going to be annoying people in here repeating the same question over and over and I'm just going to reply to them read the spoilers because nobody is anybody teacher to be teaching them how to read if you read the spoilers and you still don't understand it's on you because it's pretty much clearer and everybody was going into detail

15. Pomee

Pomee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It rarely ever bothered me if either FL or ML slept around in these novels before marraige or falling in love. It's even more of a new and nice experience if either had previously been in a mature relationship but currently single.
    Bcoz i have read so many virgin MLs that i am kinda sick of them:blobpopcorn_two:.
    Besides as long as they have beautiful character development and fluff it's all good for me. If we can't enjoy the process of storyline then why read these novels anyway:facepalm:.

I think the main point here is that he was her fiance and so cheating at that time can irritate many. But we have to keep in mind the settings, customs and values portrayed in the background of the story. It’s not our modern world afterall. I personally think I’ll die a spinster if i ever get transmigrated to such a world bcoz i can’t ever get comfy with such traditions:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And their whole thought process has been thoroughly put infront of us and I found that understandable. Even felt delighted to see such a rich display of emotions. I think i really enjoyed reading through what was really going on in their minds. Authors are afraid of taking up such controversial relationships because of hate comments. And in the end we get the usual MLs that we see in novels.

It's all been discussed in the spoilers anyway.

The novel is really good

No point in explaining things over and over again to haters. I think the more we do so the more it energizes them to snap back:D.
    This novel is really good. So just let the story reach deeper into the plot. I’m sure it’ll be liked by many.

Onto another point I was really amazed by how mature she was on moving on without hating her father and brother for killing Emiliano and indirectly her son in previous timeline. She even regrets not being close to them in this life. And that’s some deep maturity she shows there despite being a depressed and suicidal woman.

16. _potato

_potato Keeps dropping novels ㅠㅠ

Reading List:
    Link
    For those giving up on it just because its “angst”, you might regret it since it has really good character development, fluff, plot, dialogue and everythingg ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

— loool, its one of my top 1 favorite novels (I cant choose the number 1 between 3)

Their relationship in a nutshell: (fanart made by the artist drawing the webtoon)
    -(for her profile... she already privated herself so people cant see them)

edit: I forgot i already posted this at page 1 hahahahahaha ill just leave this here
    (Apparently the fan who made the fanarts i uploaded here became the webtoon artist ✨)

Attached Files:

MianneChan, hhh_017, salty25 and 6 others like this.
  17. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    That is Emiliano. The artist drew a fanart of all 5 guys in the story one time - Carcel, Luciano, Oscar, Miguel and Emiliano, and in that fanart Emiliano also has a ponytail but not as long as the one here. I believe he's probably holding Luka here.
    [​IMG] Emiliano is the one on the top right.

That's how I feel. It's annoying that they think we promote cheating because as someone who spoiled so many novels on NU, I had people ask me to spoil certain novels before and I had mentioned to someone before that I don't like regret tags (this usually is because the ML is actually a cheater or trash and he comes to regret it) but this novel doesn't have a regret tag because the plot isn't about that. In fact he is even one of the top 4 MLs on Ridibook along with Riftan, Kasser, and Ishakan (other popular smut novels on Ridibook) so it's weird to call him trash when he's so well-loved by Korean readers alongside other popular smuts. In fact Korean readers love him more than Ines because she's very stubborn and cold so they're not really into that personality. :blobtriumph:

This author is definitely not afraid of controversial comments. She had so many anti-feminist Korean readers ambush her fancafe once and started arguments there. She had to kick them and apologize to her readers. She took a screen-shot of everything they said and posted on her blog addressing them all to her fans.

I saved all her older fanarts but her newer ones I got to see to but forgot to save them. One of her later ones was cute. She drew them in a newer art style and did a genderbend version of all of them. This is in reference to a side story where Carcel told Ines that he wouldn't mind being with her even if she's a guy (character development from when he was feeling uncomfortable with it before) but Ines said it would be a problem because he still needs an heir since he's the oldest son, so she was thinking it would be better if he was female because oldest daughter isn't much of an issue with family responsibilities and Carcel(F) could marry the 2nd son Ines(M). So there was a funny fanart where the artist imagined Luciano talking to Ines(M) about his fiancee and Ines said it shouldn't be an issue since Delfina is pretty. We see Carcel(F) in the background getting jealous that Ines thinks Delfina is pretty and wondering if that's probably why Ines(M) never paid attention to her (CarcelF) even though she's the prettiest female in the country. She thought Ines(M) might be into ladies with curly hair because she has straight hair and Delfina has curly hair so in the last panel, she was trying to curl her hair. :blobsweat_2:

The artist was a huge fanartist for this novel and about 95% of her fanart on her Twitter was on this novel. Kimchacha asked her to be the artist for the webtoon because she was a huge fan and Kimchacha was surprised she had such a huge fan but because she was such a fan she knows the novel well so Kimchacha thinks she really understands her novel well and let her be the artist. The author was happy to have find an artist who can do her work justice without much issue because she had known her from before as well when she drew several fanarts to the author for completing the main story and completing the whole story.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  18. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's when this Story come out there's going to be annoying people in here repeating the same question over and over and I'm just going to reply to them read the spoilers because nobody is anybody teacher to be teaching them how to read if you read the spoilers and you still don't understand it's on you because it's pretty
    Can i have her Twitter please

19. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsob:

your crush likes this.
  20. Vallerie_unknown

Vallerie_unknown Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see —But using goTL would only be a rough translation. Even though we understand it, but it definitely has to be more thinking than a fine translation.