Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    true, especially as someone who reads mtl with english as second language i do feel like crying sometimes

MianneChan, lyann, TrinaAngel and 5 others like this.
  2. _potato

_potato Keeps dropping novels ㅠㅠ

Reading List:
    Link
    woahhh seriously?!? Artist-nim i luv u... she’s so devoted to the novel XD
    Good thing i followed her before she got private mwahahahaha

-should start reading the side stories soon... im missing a lot ✨

3. Vallerie_unknown

Vallerie_unknown Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here~The most confusing part of MTL is the use of pronouns.:blobsob:

4. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    ahahaahaha lets not even go there cause im literally stuck with he she being used 3 times in the same paragraph addressed to the same person and it gets worse when you have to post spoilers for other people lmao like bro idk if ml and fl kissed or ml and 2nd ml kissed im sorry

5. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you try mtling in your original lang?

6. _potato

_potato Keeps dropping novels ㅠㅠ

Reading List:
    Link
    You just get used to it hahahahahah

try papago.. sometimes its better than google. Though it cant bulk translate in the app so i try to use their website translator to do so.

Vallerie_unknown and your crush like this.
  7. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Going to bother you for her future arts~ I've been spoiling @CelesKnox on the side stories whenever a new chapter comes out :blobsmirk:

But will share this one here since author-nim shared this before on her blog
    [​IMG]
    Artist-nim drew this as a fanart for the ending of the main story of their reunion after the war.

Other fanarts from other artists
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    Ahmya, Nushu13, DOHere and 19 others like this.
  8. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    my original language is hindi lol thats going to be unreadable and im better at english than hindi lol

9. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Since my site was removed, I'll just reshare these here as well with my tl because I'm not going to reupload my previous chapters.

When Ines sent him a letter from Mendoza
    [​IMG]
    Cárcel Escalante.

Every day here is really boring and tiring.

I miss you. Can you come to Mendoza for even a second?

When Carcel got her letter right away
    [​IMG]
    Dear Inés, the sun of my life.

My Inés, I am writing this letter now, hoping that you are having a good afternoon in Mendoza.

I received the first love letter you sent me from Mendoza safely today.

First of all, I express my deep regret that you are having a disappointing time in Mendoza.

I don’t remember the time when you weren’t in Calztela. How I lived in this damn military port before I married you. I don’t know how all this time has passed without you.

I always think of you like a madman. Inés Escalante, When I open my eyes in the morning, I reach out as if I could pull you, who is asleep not knowing the world next to me, into my arms. I search for your scent before I even open my eyes. I dream of a moment when I put my nose to your neck in the sunlight, and fully wake up when I inhale deeply… It doesn’t seem to be reality without you. I think it’s all like a dream.

I always feel like I’m trapped in a dream that I can’t wake up from myself, Inés. As if I’ll wake up when you get back here…. Yes, without you, I live in a very boring dream. When I ride to the command post, I have thoughts that I will see you when I return to the residence. Even the moment I enter the front entrance of the residence, I think so foolishly, as if someone would answer my question about your whereabouts when I ask where Señora is.

When I go up to the second floor after barely enduring the stupid impulse, I would think again that when I open the door to the library, I would finally see you. When I go to the bedroom, I would expect to see you lying half asleep by the window. Inés, I’m so stupid without you.

And I believe I should let you know how meaningful your letter is to that thirsty, stupid guy.

So I’m going to go see you with this. Inés, No matter how annoyed you are, I’ll hold you so tight that you can’t breathe for a second. I’ll suck all your scent into my lungs, and kiss your face as if I’m eating it up. My Inés. My fucking lovely Inés…. Because you even gave me an excuse. Because you missed me.

In your small library in Calztela, Cárcel Escalante de Esposa.

Right before Carcel left Mendoza after seeing her for a bit
    [​IMG]

Good morning, my Inés.

When you open your eyes, I beg you to forgive your husband who is already not by your side.

You said you wanted me to wake you up because it would be nice to spend even a moment when I left, but that would be difficult to follow through. It’s 4:50 a.m., and you have a face too pitiful to be shaken awake.

At Calztela, I was always waiting for you to open your eyes around this time. When you open your eyes, I want to tell you that a good morning has come today… No, actually, I wanted the first voice you heard that day to be mine as soon as you opened your eyes. It was like having a part of you for a while. Whether it was an hour or two, it was my secret pleasure to wait for you before you woke up. Inés. Always.

The moment I wait for you to quickly open your eyes and me to reflect on them. Sometimes I get restless when the wait gets too long. And sometimes even the wait was so sweet that I didn’t want you to wake up even more. Holding you like that makes my stupidity and anxiety all better. Just another good day has begun. Thinking about holding you again in the evening. And now, it feels like I can hold you in my arms again this evening.

Inés, remember when you first discovered me last night, you ran to me?

When you looked back at me, it was ridiculously blinding.

When you looked back at me and laughed, I felt like I was looking straight at the sun at noon over the sea.

So when you ran to me, it felt like the world was pouring over my head.

Because when I held you, I felt like I had it all. Inés.

Ultimately I will only be happy because of you. Because I like the morning when I look at you before you open your eyes, as much as the morning when you open your eyes and look at me.

But I don’t know how to leave you again. I really have to get up now. When I finish the letter, I have to get up without seeing you anymore, so I’m troubled because I kept wanting to make up things to say.

I’ll make sure to take a long vacation next time. I hope you always stay healthy in Mendoza.

Mendoza, by your side.
    Cárcel Escalante de Esposa.

After Ines read those 2 letters
    [​IMG]
    To Cárcel Escalante de Esposa.

I safely received your long love letter.

Now enough with that, just write to me that you’ve arrived safely.

If you pretend you’re not sick or hurt again, I won’t even associate with you.

In Mendoza, Inés Escalante de Pérez.

Right after Carcel reached Calztela after leaving Mendoza
    [​IMG]

Thanks to you, I arrived safely at Calztela in the morning. Maybe because I slept well next to you last night before I steered a horse, I still feel refreshed in the evening right now. Since I never expected a letter from you right away, I’m relieved and glad.

If I had known that you had wanted to find out with my own handwriting, I would have sent this letter first, even if I had not dared to disobey the admiral’s call.

Inés, I swear I’m healthy and not hurt.

I have to be that, because I don’t want to see your second husband even when I’m dead. Of course, this is, if I die earlier on you… If that happens, I don’t dare mean for you to protect my grave. It’s just that I don’t want to see that. Even if I lie in my grave, I’ll say without pride that whatever you choose is good. Okay. Come to think of it, I don’t want to see you as a widow. More than your damn second husband.

May you always live attaining everything you want, my sun. And in everything you want, may it always be me.

As long as you want me, you don’t need another husband. Because I’ll live for a very long time. As long as you don’t abandon me, I’ll cling to you. Inés, you don’t need another man by your side for a while…. God damn it, in fact, I can’t stand the existence of another bastard even in a letter like this. I already broke two pens because I couldn’t stand it… You can laugh at your husband for being shameful. ‘Your husband’. I already can’t stand a guy who’s not me being your husband, but will I die if I’m killed?

On that account, I’m always relentlessly fit. Inés, without any pain. Without any new scratch.

So I want to tell you there’s nothing to worry about. Even that’s always the case. Yes, please continue to keep your poor and pitiful husband company.

At our house by the coast, Cárcel Escalante de Esposa.

P.S. I am leaving Calztela for about 10 days at dawn under orders from above. In the meantime, I am letting you know in case you want to send me another love letter. My cute Inés. Of course, that won’t happen, but let me dream.

You'll notice he always call her his sun just like that ending of the prologue in the manhwa. :blobmelt: Except after he went to war he called her just his life because the sun is too hot out in the sea.

10. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much this man really love this girl he acting like he cannot breathe without her that I'm complaining I love it

11. mangosteen

mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!! i want to read the novel so bad but mtl gives me such a headache :blobsob:

MayBAPandacat and NohrNeir like this.
  12. Lucy_

Lucy_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thank you so much I was about to cry bcz I didn’t find the chapters where I stopped ‏ɵ̷̥̥᷄ˬɵ̷̥̥᷅

NohrNeir likes this.
  13. Ainonai

Ainonai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @NohrNeir Hi can’t you by any chance translate again the novel? I have read your spoilers and really am actually more interested in reading the novel than the manhwa. It’s kind of embarrassing asking you this after you took so much of your time spoiling and explaining the story and context already. I just think there will be more depth to the story in the novel but it’s impossible for me to actually read it when it’s in korean. Your help would be the most appreciated.

Tellogre likes this.
  14. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I am still translating it. I'm just not reposting old chapters. I'm posting from after when I got my site removed. If you click on the latest chapters, those should work.

15. salty25

salty25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so wholesome. Carcel is just so awhaghsysuwhbu Thank you for sharing~

I’m so mad at myself that it took tappytoon to release this manhwa for me to find out about this novel… your translation is so gooood, omigosh, if only I was few months faster.

I appreciate all the translators works since they're doing all of us a favor for free but english isn't my native language so sometimes it feels more like reading mtl and my brain can’t comprehend wtf is going

16. Cary

Cary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone saying he cheated before marriage but they have literally been engaged since they were children ..

TrinaAngel and NohrNeir like this.
  17. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly and it was under the empress to have them both engaged at 6 and then marry later on to benefit herself. Ines wouldn't let go of the engagement because she chose to marry him with the thought that it would keep her away from Oscar. She initially thought he would die after they marry anyway since he's a navy man but then she grew to somewhat care for him because he's a decent guy so after that she wished he would stay alive and to divorce him so she could set him free after she give him the heir he needed because he didn't want to take over the duchy. She didn't care that he slept around and thought that after she gave him his heir they could both benefit where she would have his family name (so she can't marry into the imperial family) and he could be free from his family responsibility and continue to flirt as he please. It's a win-win situation for her.

Just sharing cute baby Carcel when Ines washed his hands
    [​IMG]
    baby Ines is pretty
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  18. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some criticisms of the ML make me giggle. But I blame it on the "ML purification" trend in Chinese novels that affected many young women's POV (the women in my home country are "suffered" with the same mindset). No honey there is no rule in heaven that forces men to celibate once they set their eyes on certain specific women, the same can be said about women too. It will need more than that for them to commit, and they are not trash for "not committing at 1st sight" lmao

storovest, oshun, MianneChan and 5 others like this.
  19. cklaighe

cklaighe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Skimming through all the spoilers...

I was initially planning to drop this because of the level of depression vibes i'm getting....
    I will still need to check on the spoilers a second time but am i right to get the feeling of it being similar to...

"This Time, I'll Definitely Be Happy!"

Thanks!

20. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    I deleted my account so I can concentrate on my UG but brooo....this novel got me back. Whaaat! The manwha is sooooo goood. The artttt...omhhhhhgggg.

Also I'm listening to 'Lovely - Billie Eilish' cause somehow this song fits right on Ines.

Guys, I wanted to add a picture of both of them here, but I need 100 posts to be able to do so...c'mon NuF gimme a break. ..................༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽
    The picture was sooo goood!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022