Discussion Enabling cheating

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 456425, Jun 30, 2022.

?

Have you personally ever known someone who cheated?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

22.2%
  3. I discovered and told

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I found out but didn't do anything about it

22.2%
  5. I didn't know until they broke up/too late

11.1%
  6. I knew but there's nothing I could do

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Deleted member 456425

Deleted member 456425 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It's so strange how many people are enabling cheating. In some stories, almost everyone knew about the cheating except the cheated partner and yet no one told him/her. Some would even blame others for being a "snitch" and cut connections. Good riddance if you ask me but it's so strange to me how some would rather not do the decent thing of telling because they do not want to meddle.

2. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was about cheating on any exams lol.....

WordEater, FIEND and ChiliJam like this.
  3. Deleted member 456425

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking someone would think that :blobrofl:

4. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Like it's so obvious :blobwhistle:

But no I didn't witnessed anyone cheating yet...:hmm:

5. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Because that would be meddling in their relationship. Yes, you can tell them the truth and ruin/save their relationship. It's maybe the most honest way of going about it, but you're taking responsibility for breaking the bad news for someone, and many won't go the extra mile for that unless the one being cheated on is someone they care a lot about.

6. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if these could be called cheating since it didn't really happened (I think?), good riddance though:
    - a girl once approach me quite aggressively during 9th grade (middle-school 3rd grade) saying she was interested in me & such, only to found out that her real interest was for me to help her for the final exams by sharing my answer, right in the middle of the said exams! Don't have to said what happened next
    - similar as above, but 10th grade (high-school 1st grade). A group formed & invited me, suddenly "the lead" of the group suggested "cooperation" during exams (same as above). Flatly refused & have quite "fun" of high-school days :emoji_spam::emoji_spam::emoji_spam:

7. Deleted member 456425

Reading List:
    Link
    my college friends message their tutors mid-exams... one of them got caught and got his test paper ripped by the prof before the prof walked out on us.

8. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If this thread is about cheating during exams, then yes I do know plenty of people that cheated. From words written on water bottles to taking a picture of the exam sheet and sending it to a family member.

9. Super Nice

Super Nice Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a ridiculous experience that's somehow related. Well not me but my friend is in a relationship with someone and didn't know his partner was cheating. He only caught it when he noticed the partner logged into his (my friend's) laptop using a different account.

My friend then searched this account and by some turn of events, he got to know the person his partner was cheating him with. He sounded the third party out. And the third party was also surprised that the person he's flirting with was already committed. In the end, my friend broke up with his partner. And suddenly, he was friends with the third party.

I didn't know what to feel about my friend :ROFLMAO:

10. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    ...my parents, first and foremost example.. >.> My young, cute and innocent mind was told that the lady coming over to our house/going to her house was nothing but my aunt.. and was skillfully taught how to lie to the neighbors, nanny, and everyone else to cover up the women's existence orz.

And of course, to never tell a single word to my mom... And i obeyed cuz my mind was simple XD i believed everything and did it.. like look! i did a good job right? *Tilts head innocently*
    :cry:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  11. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    :bloboh:blobmelt_thumbs??

12. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not worth the effort. Firstly, you better make sure you have some sort of evidence to back up your claim. Then, you need to consider whether your friend will get angry at you for being the bearer of bad news. Also, it might not end up like how you imagined. Your friend might decide to forgive their partner, which means you've now managed to antagonize the both of them. If their partner is your friend as well, you've lost two friends for being a busybody.

Lissi and Deleted member 456425 like this.
  13. Deleted member 456425

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone hated me for my good intentions, then I don't think I'll stay with that someone anyway. It's a matter of incompatibility because sometimes as a friend, I might do something that goes over the boundaries of polite society for what I think should be done. Would still be sad though, getting hated for trying to help.

Lissi and ongoingwhy like this.
  14. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not just "hate you for good intentions", if a person is "in love", their tendency is leaning towards siding with the other person, so you're at a disadvantage even if you wanted to help in good faith. You remember the lyrics to the song "When a man loves a woman"? [If she is bad, he can't see it, she can do no wrong. Turn his back on his best friend, if he puts her down.]. Even helping him is running very close into [turn his back on his best friend] territory, so even if you have good intentions, be very, very, very careful how you approach the issue, being some sort of superhero wannabe and charging straight in is more likely to end badly, so you have to handle the issue very carefully.

15. moonlhgt

moonlhgt ~Is in la la land~

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some people I've known since I was a child who were my parents friends. I treated them like they were superior beings (I feel that's how most people treat people who are older than them). Anyways a wife of an older man who makes me laugh and I admire actually was cheated on by his wife. I don't know how but they somehow got past it. I don't know if I'd ever be able to forgive my partner for that. I can't really look at her the same way either.

Deleted member 456425 likes this.
  16. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've known several people who have cheated, but never mentioned it for different reasons each time. For example the last two cases,

1) The other person(he) had cheated roughly 5 times on her before she did it. He still stalks her(regular calls from new numbers after one gets blocked, threats to her family) to this day, several years later. He alternates being nice and trying to get back together with sending new gf's to harass her, cheating on them, then repeating it all. I met him a few times for less than a minute usually and he creeped me out. I found out later she eventually cheated on him, told her it was a bad idea since he's crazy, but their drama was too dangerous to even think of getting near. He wouldn't have accepted her breaking up with him, but her getting revenge for everything he did was undoubted worse. I still suspect he might do a murder-suicide several years after they broke up.

2) I thought the couple had an open relationship. The cheater was so blatant with it, hitting on every semi-attractive woman he met. And they were people she knew and talked to daily. He worked at the gym I worked at but I never really talked with him, she worked out there and was friends with a lot of his coworkers, including ones he hit on.

17. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    i have. but the amount of fucks i gave were zero. she can deal with the consequences when he finds out

18. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately yup.. lots XD

Now it's more of rumours, but back then we used to know who's double timing, or even triple timing.

There was this duo, or a trio....the girl was head over heels for the boy, but he was interested in another girl...even knowing that, the first girl didn't want to breakup with him... Naturally the guy just went along, the other girl was left unaware.

It was short lived, somewhere around 3-4 months? Something happened and both girls broke up XD. Guy is doing f9 though, he's interning in hotel management...we laugh about that fiasco now.

Anyway yeah it's unhealthy and I did feel bad about both the girls, but... This was teenage times so it's way way better than years long cheating..

The most serious case I've personally know are family ones... Distant uncles and whatnot, there was even an attempt suicide by a wife(aunt/cousin sis idk it is too far related)... >.> Anyway I just crunch popcorns at those news, bad yeah but not something that fazes me.

Ps: ofcourse if it's happening to me then it will be a lot more serious, but saying I'm probably too jaded to be surprised anymore.