Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been following the discussion of cheating lol and it's ironic that people are hating on the ml in the spoiler thread but not even looking at the spoilers!!
    It's okay to hate ml for cheating if you have not read the spoilers and are going with the flow of the comic, but why hate in the spoiler thread?? Where the spoilers have been literally "spelled out " for you!!! And even without reading the detailed spoilers, which cleared misunderstandings, y'all are starting the discussion in the "spoiler thread"!!

Please refrain from this baseless cheating discussion without looking at the spoilers and coming to your own conclusions to discuss this fact in the spoiler thread when you can already discuss this by making a discussion thread or in the comment section of the manhwa!!

Though it has been fun watching the drama unfold on the basis of "cheating" ml lol. :blobpopcorn_cool:

2. faiy

faiy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ngl I've spent hours to read the drama on this forum kinda annoyed with people that lack of compression skills to understand the spoiler

3. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Because she was love bombing him to make him hate her. She was basically spamming him with love letters and gifts to the point where he got annoyed with it, and then when she got too old and past the normal marriageable age, she realized she can't keep stalling her marriage with him, so she lowered his guard by telling him that she doesn't care for him anymore. This was to trigger him into wanting to marry her because she herself knew she has to marry him soon as Oscar is also getting older as well as herself. She couldn't keep dragging the engagement. She was already 23 and that was considered too old to marry because most of them marry young. Even in 2nd tl, she married Oscar at 16 and in 1st tl, she married Carcel at around 17/18.

4. CUEBEE5566

CUEBEE5566 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember having an awful discussion from "Contract Marriage" - where some people actually cheered on the FL when a spoiler came out that she cheated on her husband and used the excuse of "She was forced into that marriage and she was younger than him. It's normal she will cheat"
    The scenario reminds me of that situation.

They are not married. He was forced into this engagement. She was an adult in a child's body while he is a literal child.
    So basically she was grooming him to become her husband who will give her freedom and she can divorce later on.

However, he slept and flirted with lots of girls- because on his mind, he had to - at least while they are still not married. He did, despite his belief that she loves him.
    He thought she will get upset (she obviously doesn't care) but if on his mind, he thinks she will get hurt - but still did it. Then that is his own decision.
    He got upset that she wasn't jealous - but didn't think of what she will feel with his cheating.

She probably brainwashed him but again, it is up to him whether to do it or not.

I am intrigued with the story and the FL, she seems so laidback and isn't the overly strong fl we usually see. So I think I am mostly interested on seeing her story.

5. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sorry but did you read the spoilers at all? FL has a lot of experience from past timelines maybe even more than ML and she remembers all of it. She even have babies in the past and I have no clue how any of you still consider her a virgin. Second she is highly abused in the past, she is not the type of character who would care about ML's player habits at all. Like Idk how you guys want it when the FL, story, spoilers and summary have spelled it out loud and clear that FL wanted this to happened. Also what manhwas have you been reading exactly? Let's take a look at isekai genre, most of the FL's a grown ass adults that have experience in dating already and are transmigrated into a body of a teenager then have hots for teenage boys around them. If you are going into morals let's fully dive into it. The MLd in these type of manhwas are 90% of the time virgin. Doesn't matter if they are blushy or cold duke of the north. Oh and sometimes they are even fake players and are virgin. As for time travel manhwas, again most of the time both are virgin or FL had been married in the past to someone else.

This whole lot of debate would make sense if this hasn't been clear at all in the spoilers and might I say 1000 times already. The novel doesn't even have haters because of cheating. Most novel readers didn't care about it cuz it wasn't the focus and was there because of again FL's own will. Again I beg you read the spoiler instead of leaving a word salad of morality debate. I am a person who hate cheating too. I had a relationship where the person 2 timed and yes it is fecking painful but if I was in a open relationship, I wouldn't give a single thought to how many people they are seeing. This is how FL sees it. There are also wives and husbands irl who would cheat on their partner and when someone tell the respective partner they would say "I don't care and am actually okay with them being with someone else. Cuz I hate having sex with them." Do also understand that when it is a contract marriage without love, you are not going to have a fairy tale type of love. Some people hate being forced into marriage with their partners and they spent whole life like that and much prefer if it stays sexless for them. I would give you another example of a novel called "Empress of ashes". I hate novel to the core cuz it had cheating that hurt FL and mentally damaged her cuz she loved ML and ML claimed to love her yet kept hurting her. This novel isn't that type of novel.

Plus if you leave a completely irrelevant complaint or whining even after reading the spoilers on a public forum consider a reply as well, just cuz we don't agree with you doesn't mean it is bullying. That's just a childish belief.

Moreover, why after reading the spoiler (which I am sure you haven't) none of you managed to see that FL is also cheating in the past when she ranaway with the painter? I bet if ML was innocent in this life and had other people as his wife in the past you guys would still call him a cheater and a player.

Also getting offended in FL's place in case of abuse, torture makes sense cuz story wants us to condemn that and sympathize with FL. FL isn't least bit affected by what ML is doing. It is like me getting offended by seeing a polygamous or homosexual relationship when it has nothing to do with me and only concerns the relevant parties. Plus you guys do know that nobility was considered an extremely dirty society? This story has closest to what actual nobility looked like not the one where everything is sunshine and rainbows.

(Side note: Please consider paragraphing next time.)

Bruh... I once went to a spoiler forum after completing a manhwa to see what happened in side stories and there were literal people asking if ML or FL were virgin? Was FL a virgin in real world. Like wtf dude, this isn't even relevant to story and wasn't even an issue in the story itself when I read it. If anything author didn't care to tell about these details and I love when authors do that. Keep in the dark don't make a huge deal out of it. Also having a mind that ML and FL should be virgin is kinda people telling us that they see non-virgins as something dirty and unacceptable. Doesn't matter if that person lost virginity unintentionally and was once married but now divorced or widowed. Plus why should I waste my braincells or care about the virginity of literal drawings? They are fictional and don't exist at all, why I should put my views on them and be like why are you not virgin dear drawing :cry:

The player ML are extremely rare now and most of the time author even give a reason why they are a player like in this manhwa, in marriage and sword or in the other work of this author. But people still manage to complaint for an issue that isn't even an issue in the story. Also the problem is that some of these people don't only hate the ML, they are also forcing others to hate the story and ML as well. Like discussions are okay, not everyone is going to like every story. I also hate bunch of stories and at most leave one comment stating why I couldn't enjoy it and after that just leave the whole thread and forum alone cuz we all hate when spoiler thread gets cluttered with useless debates. But here people are doing exact opposite by again complaining about things that are clear from the start like very first fecking page!!

Bro, me too. I am religious as well but I don't think we need much brain power to understand that it is useless to force our views on fictional characters that are in different world, community and surrounding. Besides these kids got engaged at 6 and barely interacted after that. Did people honestly want a loyality, commitment and life time fidelty in an engagement that wasn't even consensual on ML's part.

@NohrNeir we all are beginning to sound like a broken record, repeating same thing over and over again. Maybe we should all just stop responding to them cuz clearly they are not reading the spoilers. People who read it would probably understand the story. But I feel most people coming in just by reading manhwa are not reading the spoiler and are probably too young to understand complex story themes. Or they are not target audience at all.

6. your crush

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol it was so funny that I totally lost it:blobjoy:

What you said is absolutely right!! They seem like a bunch of teenagers who lose it without listening to the other party lol. Why don't they just drop the manhwa if they have so much problem with it??? There are plenty other manhwas that may match their tastes.:blob_pout:

lune_r, MianneChan, its0k and 4 others like this.
  7. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I was trying to spam them away with more relevant spoilers but whenever that happens another couple come in and talk about the cheating. I can already envision in a few more weeks, they'll come in here and complain about FL's manipulation and grooming because I'm slowly seeing that elsewhere. It is better to just ignore them and continue other discussions.

I myself am not religious and actually dislike religion but I can understand the novel has lots of religion to it and I read it like I would with any literature. I broke apart the religion and made it an historical work. When I was tling, I was researching about Catholicism as a researcher and not as someone who is Catholic. I looked into what Bibles to use for the translation, what Saints were there, what holidays they had, the terms for their funerals, even their view on reincarnation which they didn't believe in but some priest brought up that it may be possible. Now do I believe in it? No. I am agnostic all the way, but it's still interesting to me and I'm not going to say it's wrong or right. I just love the novel because of the human interactions between the characters.

And I read it with interest from a historical viewpoint as well because the author visited Spain and had a Spanish friend helped her with Spanish phrases. She visited Italy as well. The author mentioned Calztela had drew references from Antalya, Turkey and Positano, Italy. The white houses with red rooftops on a hill.

8. Vardalyn

Vardalyn

Reading List:
    Link
    I came here only to find that people are arguing about the same thing over and over again.
    Remember this is just fiction... Ines doesn't even mind Carcel was cheating, so it's very insignificant to judge about his infidelity.

Btw, I just want to share some cute fanarts of Ines and Carcel
    upload_2022-7-1_16-14-44.png

upload_2022-7-1_16-16-4.png

upload_2022-7-1_16-17-33.png

upload_2022-7-1_16-18-25.png

Attached Files:

9. your crush

Reading List:
    Link
    In the last one , those sly and obedient eyes of Carcel are so cute❤

MianneChan, PattyCakes and Vardalyn like this.
  10. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    right? i fail to understand why people find it hard to dissociate one thing from another. its a different story if someone is a devout catholic and dislikes the way religion is being represented, they can literally just drop it.
    but cheating?? when even the manhwa mentioned that “adultery is so normalised”
    like i legit saw a comment of - “look at how she says it, she definitely loves him and is hurt.” NO??? JUST BELIEVE HER????

i cannot explain how important looking at things objectively is like honestly.
    ive said it time and time again to people that you cannot just look at things from 1 POV. sympathising/understand other characters will not kill you. the moment a novel can make me understand and sympathise with a character other than the MC, i know that its well written and has characters with a personality.

the trend here in kr novels becomes increasingly of either “everyone falls in love with the fl” or “love at first sight for fl”, “the entire personality of supporting characters is hating the fl or loving the fl”

one thing i REALLY like about this novel is how they bring in regression.

regressing because of sins? phenomenal. A god that listens to prayers? Unprecedented.
    Main character doesnt turn magical and become a saint, has a rivalry with god which ends with destroying the temple? WOW. sick and tired of listening to people rave on and on about the same magical fantasy novels that start and end the same way.

god forgid we get complex characters as main AND supporting characters.

even god doesnt blame people for doing things they didnt know were wrong and youre jumoing on the smallest of plot points to make it a big issues when the dude grew up in the environment of have your fun before marriage and do not covet anyone other than your wife after marriage

11. Lucas is an eye candy

Lucas is an eye candy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question, if Oscar really loved Ines and even killed Carcel in their first life for her, why did he cheat on her? He finally had her and even married her so why did he decide to cheat on her countless of times?

NohrNeir likes this.
  12. your crush

Reading List:
    Link
    cuz he was just purely obsessed with her. Nothing more, nothing less. From what I could understand, he just thought of her as an object he absolutely has to possess.

13. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't love her. It is a sick obsession. He sees her like an object that he wants to own and destroy in his own way. That isn't love at all. That is being a psycho and crown prince is clearly one. He didn't only cheat, he raped her, gave her stds, and watch her have countless miscarriage yet didn't care at all. Even in new timeline he is finding girls who look like Ines and spreading his germs. I don't think story showed his feelings as love. The only one other than carcel who loves FL is Emiliano the painter.

14. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually something I really liked about this novel is the children are like either or both of their parents. It really brings in the whole nurture vs nature as well. Ines is just like her father but there are parts to her that are very similar to her mother. She's blunt and sarcastic like her father, but crazy and ocd like her mother. Carcel is more like his sweet mother than his father, but he's most similar to his grandfather.

Now for Oscar... he's very much like his father, very insecure of his standing. The emperor was not the oldest son and his brother died of an illness and he got handed over the throne using an Escalante daughter as his stepping stone. Even after her became emperor, he was scared of his own son. He didn't wish for his son to gain power and kept him at bay. In turn, Oscar was also very insecure of his standing despite being the "only" prince. He was sure there's another illegitimate son somewhere and he was paranoid about it. He also hated Carcel because all his life he was compared to his cousin.

As for his "love" with Ines. Originally it was obsession because he wanted to have the best of everything and he thought Carcel stole Ines from him. Ines was the best possible female candidate for marriage. There are only 5 duchies in the empire and Ines was the only daughter out of all 5. Ines' mother wanted her to marry Oscar but her father was the one who chose Carcel. (In fact in 1st tl, Carcel had a very good relationship with his father-in-law). So he initially wanted her because he wanted the best. But after Ines committed suicide, he realized he "loves" her, or so he claims. It's a twisted "love" mainly obsession. Ines when she was his fiancee was the only one listening to him. She knew all his insecurities and complaints about his father and the paranoia. So he claims they were happy once before he started getting ruined by Alicia. So he blames all his wrongdoings on Alicia and told Ines that he turned back time for her when in reality, he hated pain and killed himself to avoid the torture from Luciano.

Her suicide scarred him so that's why he wouldn't try to "abuse" her anymore because he didn't want her to commit suicide again. He still really wanted her and said he's been waiting very patiently for her to return to him.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  15. noula

noula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also getting offended in FL's place in case of abuse, torture makes sense cuz story wants us to condemn that and sympathize with FL. FL isn't least bit affected by what ML is doing. It is like me getting offended by seeing a polygamous or homosexual relationship [/QUOTE]
    I was going to write a reply and make it clear that i didn't mean this novel fl was virgin,nd respond to how you just assumed someone age that I'm sure im older than you but no way a homophobic person as you absolutely do not deserve my time nor my efforts of typing long things in any kind of discussion, and stop assuming someone is younger or a teen when they disagree with u u should all calm the fck down and go to goodreads and check some of the high ratings books there nd see them having a negative reviews with over 2000 likes but still no one calls them children bc everyone is mature enough to acknowledge the fact of different opinions and different points of view stop taking it as a life or death matter, +if you google bullying and go back and check every person that talked about the cheating point in this thread how u handled them u will get what i said

16. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see so it is a lack of comprehension skills in your case. How did you came to this bizarre conclusion that I am homophobic????? To all who have read my reply where did I mention that? Talk about taking things out of context and acting righteous. Let's clear this up and use your eyes clearly this time, I am straight and from a place where people are mostly monogamous. I have no problem with homosexual couples and it doesn't mean that if I saw a homosexual couple or poly couple then I will go on and hate on them. That is their business and their life not mine. Also love how you completely missed to show sympathies for polygamy. No love for them?

I am pretty sure I am not the one losing it over here. It is you who are getting worked up over things that are not even relevent to the story. Just goes to show that you are immature.
    Back to your point of bullying, you are saying everyone no agreeing with your opinions are a bully and all type of discussions = bullying? You serious right now?

You are on a public discussion forum.

And your last reply has nothing to do with story at all. Just you wanted to show that you can't handle discussions at all.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    lune_r, jeliliju, MianneChan and 6 others like this.
  17. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, you sound like a child throwing a tantrum cause people don't want to agree with you for obvious reasons.

18. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    no one is stopping you from writing a review tho? go write a review, oh but follow the regulations and make sure to read the book before writing one like people do on goodreads.
    this is a forum, specifically a spoiler one and clearly you weren't here to give spoiler or ask for spoilers so you probably expected a discussion no?
    if anyone agrees with what you want to say, they are welcome to say that. Give proper criticisms and your opinions on the reviews if you do not want counter arguments.

19. shikimiho

shikimiho Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi may you please share with me the novel. I also want to read

zoefleyl likes this.
  20. anhngoctrinh01

anhngoctrinh01 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dear NohrNeir,
    Thank you very much for spoiling the content of the novel for us. I really enjoyed this series but since I couldn't find the source to read it, I feel very lucky and happy to see your post. And can I ask your permission for me to translate your post into Vietnamese so that the Vietnamese community who love stories like us can read this content? I would be very grateful if you agree. I sincerely thank you very much.
    Best wishes,
    Anh Ngoc from Viet Nam

zoefleyl and your crush like this.