Spoiler Happy Ending After Divorce

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They keep bringing up she's tiny and so pale. Everybody else is darkskinned and considered barbaric... Every chapter

2. ashash02

ashash02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    looking for spoiler threads end up finding vent your dislike to the novel thread :(

3. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yikes... I've seen this in a lot of manhwas

zoefleyl likes this.
  4. Witch BRIONNE

Witch BRIONNE Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just need to clarify this to people who are not asians. Yes, the depiction of racism based on color was is very much evident in the story. However, it should not be considered racism when it comes to beauty standards. Most Asians (not all of course) value fair skin. Why? Because it is like a status symbol which is desirable.

Women especially rich ladies before was sheltered. They were not allowed to go out much and work in the fields or even bask in the sun. Having darker skin usually denote that you are part of the working class. Which means you as a lady or man is not rich enough to be sheltered and lack money because you need to do hard labor.

You guys have to understand that in asia, it is not just blacks or whites like in the west. We are brown. The more you bask in the sun, the tanner you get (and it's bery easy to get tanned) unlike in the west where it is hard to get tanned when you are white due to the difference in pigmentation. That's why tanning is valued because of how much effort you have to put in like going to the beach, tanning spray etc.

PLEASE DO NOT CONDEMN US OF BEING RACIST JUST BECAUSE WE DESIRE A PARTICULAR BEAUTY STANDARD.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  5. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hun I'm literally Asian and your justification of blatant colorism is weird

6. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand why the difference between the characters and the cultural bias of a fictional world has everyone up in arms about racism in china. There are an abundance of Historical and modern examples of people degrading and ostracizing anyone different than them. Be it racism, sexism, disability-ism or any other ism that's out there, people hating others that are different is so pervasive in the world. Why are we singling out a spicific group, missunderstanding them and making them a scapegoat for all the problem we don't like. Doesn't that make us the same as the behavior we are claiming to hate?

This was harsher than I usually let myself be online. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone.

I live in the US. A particular part of the US known as the 'South'. Let's just say judging people by color is still a BIG issue here. Reading this reminds me about how much more work I and my own culture need to do to make things better. Honestly, don't we all have things we need to work on instead of bad mouthing someone else's culture here?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  7. Creolenerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I said she is called tiny and pale all the time. Y'all added in all this extra commentary i didn't have. So leave me out of it.

I also wanted to know what will happen cuz I kinda lost interest in reading it but i wanna know

zoefleyl and Glutton idiot like this.
  8. Glutton idiot

Glutton idiot Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    i need summaries

9. DAsky12

DAsky12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation stops. Does anyone know why they delete this novel on their site?

Creolenerd likes this.
  10. oblomov

oblomov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First, the translation group went on hitaus on variable novels, I am guessing it was due to financial reasons. Then the reason that they deleted it, I am also guessing it was related to translation hunt.

And if anyone else contunie to translate, it would be great. It is too bad to be dropped when I read more than 40 chapters.

Zeref_96, Creolenerd and DAsky12 like this.
  11. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nobody give a f about beauty standard actually it's about the portrayal being barbaric like what the hell is that if you don't see problem with this you either blind by your love for this story or you just pretend me to be dumb. even if your whole country beauty standard is about being pill and their portrayal of darker skin or brown skin people is like this (I feel sorry for all the dark skin people/brown skin people that is living in country like this and they do not deserve it)I don't know what to tell you either your whole country is racist. this is not the first Korean story that did this there is another that are out right now is literally about a dark skin guy being a slave and female lead brother give him to her as a gift if you don't see the problem with s*** like this there is something wrong with you but whatever I'm not going to speak on this anymore it's such a pity because I really looking forward to reading this story and the look so beautifully if this is how the author going to write this story I'm not interested but you could enjoy it and be ignorance it sure do seems like it's working for you.

Aqua_the_idiot and Kyyiiq-q12 like this.
  12. Ayyachan

Ayyachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone translated it on wattpad until chapter 46, I think updates will continue even if it's slow

oblomov and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  13. LaRue

LaRue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what happened actually... The hunt is going on strong :blob_teary:

Creolenerd likes this.
  14. DAsky12

DAsky12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I been saving it to read after they finish the translation.
    It is sad that many good novels are being shut because of many reasons:blob_teary:.

15. momzilla

momzilla New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone, is there another official place to read this book? RxinofSnxw stopped at chapter 40 for reasons we are all aware of. I signed up on Kakao but they only offer this book on the app, not the website, and the app is not available in my country. If someone is willing to find this on the app in the original Korean, let me know! I think they offer 1 free chapter a day?

16. Creolenerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want the ending

17. Zeref_96

Zeref_96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does someone knows how to find it on wattpad ? or if they're still translating ?

18. Gaia_Ahl

Gaia_Ahl Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As of now the novel is still in hiatus stopping from chapter 104. From what I read in the kakao page the author has taken indefinite hiatus. Somebody translated the novel but they stopped at chapter 54 saying they'll have to wait for the novel to continue that's when they'll resume translating.

19. Fluffy From Flufferland

Fluffy From Flufferland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone finally laid it bare! I'm not good with words so I usually couldn't explain this fact but you did it well!

People can say it's offensive and all but you can't deny what's happening in everyday life. It's still very prevalent around here and people naturally prefer fair skinned ones. Just because we think it's offensive doesn't make it disappear from the society. It's just like how many people don't like black or grey furred cats and like white or ginger ones (it's been made a fact even in literature smh). I like the former colours and it just comes to preferences in the end.

Also this isn't racism as all the ppl concerned actually are of the same race shrugs.

Another fact is fat shaming. I'm glad there aren't many novels with that concept but it's really unbearable to read. Even though I'm of normal weight and not obese having a bit of a waistline has my own mom calling me fat and shaming me everytime I wear certain clothes that makes me look fat. Society influences a lot of people and none can escape from such criticisms easily.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  20. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link