Spoiler My Fair Maid / 마이 페어 메이드

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by itsgraxiabibi, Jan 8, 2022.

1. twilight_123

twilight_123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct...:blobexpressionless:...there are only a few manhuas with strong FL's n intelligent ML's...who actually are not dumb...

2. Deleted member 424436

Deleted member 424436 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone give me some spoiler about ogAlexandra . I'm curious how this switch happened and what happened to ogAlexandra:hmm:.
    :blobcozy::blobcozy::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

3. nihal eleonor

nihal eleonor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mor spoilers plz

4. Nikibunny

Nikibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to Alexander's soul i feel isorry for her

Plumpuppeach and Quenchanna like this.
  5. Jinmanhwa

Jinmanhwa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only came here to know what will happen or what happend to the original Alexandra Clement ? I like her more than the FL. Sandy looks naive and easy girl. She knows the ML is a womanizer despite being engaged still making out with another woman, but still FL admired him.

6. EvaRegia

EvaRegia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, right? I think the story would be MUCH more interesting and wouldn’t be putting off if the FL was the original Alexandra (maybe we could even see some interesting development in her relationship with the ml). And what the hell even happened to her??? This feels really unfair, the FL just stole her life, is enjoying it and is going to get married to the guy Alexandra hated. Why would something like that happened to her? She wasn’t a bad person or anything, she simply hated the fact that she must marry some womaniser. I want to know about her much more than about the main leads, one of which is a lovestruck pushover and the other is an egoistic brat(((

7. clearing-misinformation

clearing-misinformation Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read the webtoon upto ch 16, but I feel like you guys are too harsh to both the ML and FL

ML: Probably first ML I've seen that treats all his servants, man or woman, with respect. Even if he isn't satisfied with the work they do, he won't raise his voice or lash out on them. Just politely points out what isn't up to his standards, or moves them to! different position politely without kicking them out or making a fuss. When FL's maid body passed away, he felt very bad even though he didn't know her well and made sure to compensate her father properly.

Additionally, he actively works for worker's and children's rights and is doing a lot as a politician for the common folk for no reason besides it being the right thing to do.

The only stain on his character he has is having numerous affairs to break his engagement to a fiancee he hates (who equally hates him and is trying just as hard to break their engagement). I don't know why they hate each other so much, but he does begin to behave faithfully when the person he is engaged to stops actively hating him (after the body switch). I'm not excusing him, he still sucks as a fiance, but he at least was at least a much better person compared to most MLs on this forum.

FL: Even though she is indeed a simpy maid for ML, that is just one facet of her character. She wasn't even romantically interested in him. As a maid her first priority was always her father and she still thinks about him frequently even in the fiancee's body. The first thing she does as soon as she had some freedom of movement was to see him.

She also has interests unrelated to ML such as reading and writing and took pride in it even though everyone around her looked down on her being educated. She also was not interested in getting married but rather wanted to be the head maid, even when the people around her wanted her to behave more conventionally.

She might be soft spoken, quiet, and passive, and blushes around ML, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a personality or a spine. She is very much her own person, and her actions don't really revolve around ML. It's just her trying to get adjusted to her new life and trying to live as his fiancee when it becomes apparent she is stuck in that body. Additonally, she has no desire to live in the fiancee's body either and wants to go back to being a maid.

Sure there are more active and unique FLs, but even if she is passive, she is at least a fully fleshed out character who behaves exactly as you would expect a person with her upbringing and natural disposition would.

OG fiancee wasn't perfect either. She was dynamic and headstrong with a sad upbringing and unwilling to put up with a bad fiance, but she is also someone that wasn't smart, slightly bratty, and would constantly pretend to faint (though I can excuse it considering her shitty family that always looked down on her). She might have been a more conventionally interesting main character, but I think the ML and FL are also interesting in their own ways and all 3 are multifaceted characters.

8. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too much text,they won't read you,they just hate him because he had some sexual life prior to MC and she is just in love with him.
    But when the MC has ex husbands/ex fiancees/ex boyfriends or is just time playing with ML and other introduce number MLs ,they just either praise,completely shut up,avoid talking about it or just not calling her a whore,something they had done itt with ML,calling him a manwhore and a womanizer who deserved to be hated,just because he had sex with other women.
    Find it funny how one of the comments was a user saying "another typical playboy ML and virgin MC",when the majority of times it is her who has more sexual experienced than him,with him being a virgin sometimes.
    Because I guess all the, I found ML after being killed/divorced/raped...by my exhusband/exboyfriend...are just MCs who didn't have sex...and those are 70% of korean romance stories.
    I agree that he sucks as a fiancee,but so do m

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  9. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you talkin about? We are mad because he is married but he is sleeping around, the second reason is how double standard the author is they allowed he to do all those things with women but get jealous when the female have another have another man attention, you accused people of not wanting to read when you don't even read or understand what they are saying because if you tell me you did read what they say then that means you not a critical thinker because to be a critical thinker you have to think clearly and rationally about what to do or what to believe. It includes the ability to engage in reflective and independent thinking and another reason why people are mad is because the female lead is very low self-esteem that she allowed the ml to treat her like this and still look up to him and still blush when he do or act like a person way a person should treat another person especially his fiance

10. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About to get married,and,did he get jealous before falling in love with her or after reading @clearing-misinformation post,I see no bigger reason to hate him than the fact that he is a womanizer (which is the hidden reason why most users hate him, not because he is married),the post clearly states that their relationship was a cold hate each other one,and changed once the female character behaviouring changed towards him.
    See the thread about the story called Ever ever after,all the people were discussing about ML and his previous too many sexual relationships,with many clearly stating that they hate him because he was a playboy , and no, he didn't have any sort of relationship with MC when he was a playboy.
    Don't expect me to not be doubtful of the marriage reason,if it's really the reason why you hate him,well it's fine I guess

Fictionaddiction likes this.
  11. creatorfreak

creatorfreak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML has a fiance but still sleep around, he often says inapropriate things to her (that would be concider sexual harassment today), he dismisses her and doesn't respect her.

She didn't want to be his fiance, but because she's the product of a second marriage, her brother dismisses her and doesn't respect her either. He even told her that her beauty was the only good hing about her.
    When she (rightfully) complains, the men in her life think of her as shallow and childhish.

Even tho at the start of the story, we never see her mistreating her maids, the story is trying to push the "bad mistress" angle.

The thruth is, the more the author pushes a bad image of Alexandra, the more (in theory) the maid will look better. But it doesn't work. I feel incredibly bad for her.

@Well-known Member we don't dislike the ML for having a past, we dislike him because he has a fiance and still sleeps around. He'S the community penis. The day he was supposed to meet Alexandra, he was in the legs of a random actress, and he told this to her face.

He act disrespectfully with her and accuses her of being a "bad lady" but at no point do we see her truly acting bad or unlady like. Meanwhile, he's never seen as acting ungentlemenly.

People are trying to push the "he cheated because she wasn't interested", but I'm seeing that she disliked him because of his inapropriate behavior.
    Another way of seeing this story is, he disliked her because when he talks about his ex life with other women (telling her that he ties them to the bed for example) she is (rightfully) disgusted.

12. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So true

13. Donaa

Donaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so, Is there some kind of deeper plot or just light romance?
    Do we get FL opinion about ML playboy behaviour and about the way he treated original fiancee?
    Is FL - Maid somehow connected to Alexandra?
    About ML i don't really care about his playboy ways because he and his fiancee hated each other. She probably wouldn't care that much. And having mistresses in that setting was nothing new. But what I don't like is that he was so open about this. That must have been humiliating for FL. Like he wanted to offend her. Dude, if you have problem with marriage act like a man and talk with the source of the problem - probably parents or something. Tell them you don't want to get married. :blobunsure: And in the first place - why do they hate each other? Is it explained?
    What happened to Alexandra?
    I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into this and author doesn't even care about ML and Alexandra relationship.:blobpensive:

14. creatorfreak

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand, the maid sees Alexandra as the bad one, like she has a bad attitude (for example with the flowers situation at the start)
    It seems like the author wants see the maid as better than her our something. The ML called her a bad lady( like she doesn't behave well), but we gloss over the fact that he sleeps around like a dog, talk about his sexual escapades with his fiance and he knows that she hates it, disrespects her, all bad behavior for a supposed gentlement.
    Plus, the moment the maid took over the body, he starts to like her. From what I understands, again, it's because she's more humble, speaks less, so more "ladylike".
    With her brother who disregarded her, and called her "spoiled", the story presents that a good woman is pretty much a dormat. Not supposed to complain when something happens, should be agreeable, even with assholes, etc.

Sorry for the rant. I just really hate this story

15. Venvenny

Venvenny Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the ml find out that she's sandy? Any spoilers pls.:(

16. Blushy_Froggie_UwU

Blushy_Froggie_UwU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So.... is Alexandras body FLds bpdy now? or does FL returns to her body or?? (I saw a spoiler of the latest uploaded chapter of this manhwa and became curious...)

zoefleyl likes this.
  17. Anidori

Anidori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely agree with this post. The story presents that the FL is better than Alexandra because she is sweet and subservient (in fact we got a repulsive monologue from ML mentioning this while comparing her to how she was before) while presenting Alexandra who is more outspoken as a bad woman. How DARE Alexandra struggle against society's demands of her and openly show her dislike of her walking STD fiancé? The message that the novel communicates is reminiscent of Ursula's line in The Little Mermaid movie, "It's she who holds her tongue, who gets a man".
    It's a rather archaic view which, I suppose, is in keeping with the time period of this novel. However, it's quite unpalatable to a modern woman's view.

I honestly am only here to look for spoilers about Alexandra.

18. Blushy_Froggie_UwU

Blushy_Froggie_UwU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need spoilers...

19. creatorfreak

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one thinking this

20. Viel2001

Viel2001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know more....like what will be their development as a couple, what happens to the OG fiancee, and i need some character development tbh like some MORE confidence with our FL.

Furthermore, in relation to the ML, at first I also HATE him because who wants a womanizing ML that sleeps around from one woman to another HOWEVER, it just shows reality that its not perfect fairytale..many men and women engage with sexual relationships and its also the fact their engagement was not of love but arranged (and hated each other). BUT I also agree he is an a** for cheating being an engaged man. To put it simply, he is not perfect but maybe we see some character development....thats what im hoping for OR imma ship her with the Duke!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    torte1315 and Blushy_Froggie_UwU like this.