Discussion Your favorite game?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Eat_Angst, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    Your favorite game? When did you first play it? What were your thoughts on it? How long have you been playing it? Do you still play it? If not how long has it been since you last played it?and why?[Optional] How did you find it? Was it in your to play list for long? What are your thoughts on it now? Do you recommend it?

To start off
    Mine is onmyoji I played it for the first time about a year and a half ago my thoughts on it then was 'how ssr?' I've been playing it for a year and a half , I don't play it now since school has started and it's been about two months ,I found it through YouTube and it was on my to play list for two years my thoughts on it now can only be described as a :(, I recommend it if you want to be miserable but not

SWIF and CreativeCriticalThinker like this.
  2. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    My Favorite game is Arknights. Do I still play it? No. I stopped playing it, not because I got bored, but because it wasn't good for me. The dopamine hit of rolling in gachas, the instant gratification of getting who I want, the depression when I wasted months worth of farming rolls, etc. These wore me out and I realized that this type of game (gachas) aren't for me. I still love it, but it's like a one-of-a-kind ex-girlfriend, you once were together and made memories, but due to circumstance, you had to split. "It's not you, it's me" kind of thing.

I played it for since CN release, around 3+ years and sunk around 1k USD on it. Do I regret it? A tad bit but not too much.

My thoughts on it now is: I still love it, but I avoid all forms of content on it lest it makes me go back to playing it.

Do I recommend it? It's a gacha, and I avoid recommending gachas because of how a money-sink it can be. But in this case, I kind of do due to how unique its strategy-based gameplay is.

ongoingwhy and Eat_Angst like this.
  3. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree agree! Onmyoji is also the same! All tho I haven't used money on it to feel the same regret, it's still relatable haha

4. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    genshin because it was the first exploration type game I actually played
    and then I spent on it so I cant get out of this rabbit hole
    the only good thing is that I have only 1 game I play, but that's just comforting and justifying my spending.

5. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    ace combat 5, final fantasy x - 2014
    still go back to playing these and with aethersx2 i dont even need PC anymore....
    but my current go to are the sim racing games specially Assetto Corsa

Eat_Angst likes this.
  6. Sumer Sun

Sumer Sun Growing mushrooms in a dark corner

Reading List:
    Link
    Genshin....playing since last year July. I loved it because it's the first big game i played (not small mobile games, i have never even played shooting and the like)
    I still play it, mainly bcs I love some characters a lot , the story and the visuals are to die for ~~ it came on my list mainly bcs of artist community heh
    The addiction isn't so bad as to spend money

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Ace Combat Zero : The Belkan War
    while AC 5 is superior on Storyline this cat prefer AC on battle system with 3 path to encounter different type of Aces and dialogues~
    from shop so just normal path~
    maybe this cat will play AC 7 oneday~ AC 6 feel suck with their storyline and those close combat stuff..... dancing with the Angel....

for RTS Stronghold Crusader while Age of Empire 2 exist till this day (raise hat for the dedication of their community) with new definition, civilization and such.... this cat like the crusaders type so yeah~

for Tower Defense, Plants versus Zombies the original~ this cat got copy from friend~ it simple, cute graph with funny almanac~ a fun game this cat say~ simply enuf you can clear it while scratching tail~ sure if wanna full blown hardcore with analysis and stuff go ahead~

for Mecha it Armored Core 3 : The Last Raven~ yes AC 4 mecha can fly for long time but this cat like the limitation on Last Raven~ the last boss is cheater.... how da fakku she can fly like that!

for idle game this cat have Bubu the pet cat~

Shiki and Eat_Angst like this.
  8. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ace combat 7 but I'm also currently playing a variety of games like uncharted 1-3, yakuza, bioshock trilogy and hotline miami1&2.
    based taste

Eat_Angst likes this.
  9. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    HERESY! honestly, i think AC6's story is peak because it's not just one story, it's many great stories all interlinked into one meta-story (which AC7 borrows some thematic style from) that also ties directly into the actual missions.
    That's the one thing the PS2 era ACs, great as they are, were lacking: a diverse story that showed many sides and how they were affected by the progression of the events of the missions.

Eat_Angst likes this.
  10. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Mobile game FFRK, i dont know if i really like this game but i play it for 7+ years. Sadly it will "End of Service" this September, to add salt to the wound the official FFRK Twitter suggest we migrate to FFBE

Eat_Angst and simak like this.
  11. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be there for the closing, something special might happen :p.

Edited, for letters I thought I had deleted.

Eat_Angst likes this.
  12. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love it for the story, it's quite well written though the resin limit is a real pain in the posterior, especially as more areas open up, you get more things to do but simply not enough resin.

13. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently playing asphalt.... Just before I was doing wr... before that genshin.

If I had to say which one I like, then it's for sure genshin. No other game has that open world adventure feel... even the grinds are way more fun than other games....

But!....my all time favourite game regardless of platform isssss.....Witcher 3... I legit was like a virgin girl in her very first orgasm while I played that game...day&night without sleep or food.

Damn I miss those free days....

Eat_Angst likes this.
  14. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Master of Orion 2 and Master of Magic in 1996. These got the imagination going on was it was like to be the big dog. My brother from another mother introduced them to me to MoM. A college housemate to MoO2.

Dungeon Siege I & Ii back around 2004 Jeremy Soule soundtracks and great looking games and quality of life features for their time. bought these on sale in a brick and mortar store.

Grim Dawn in 2016 via Steam, then GOG. Didn't have that good or a soundtrack, but great world and character building. It scratched my itch for an Arpg.

Armored Core Last Raven in 2010-ish for being able to design and pilot a giant robit. Still play it. The same best friend that introduced me to MoM in college introduced it to me and convinced me to spring for a PS2 to play it and the other AC game to join in the misery of getting blown up, drowned in water, and melted by mutant life forms.

Last year, Slay the Spire via steam sale. It looked cool and after my first run I was hooked.

These were all games that has the right balance of enough game mechanics to feel like I was interacting with their worlds without overwhelming and creating my own character or empire in the setting. Most of them were my isekai gate before the genre took off.

Eat_Angst likes this.
  15. Tafyunn

Tafyunn Gimme your recommendatio- *yawns*

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently I'm playing: APEX, MLBB, KALPA and Ensemble Stars

I guess you could say they're my favorites? I'm not familiar with the terms so I'm just gonna use my own words, I like annihilating other players and losing my mind trying to get a new highscore in rhythm games.

I only gained access to wifi like 4-5 years ago, before that I only used data and you know how it is with data. In the back of my mind I was always scared it'll run out quickly so I never really played online games until around 2017-2018 when I finally got wifi.

I started playing APEX only this year when they released the mobile version. I couldn't play it on my laptop bc my laptop's version was too old, and even after I tried downloading it on the old pc my uncle gave to me to use for online school it still didn't work, instead it ended up making the pc lag so much I couldn't even use it to make docs properly.

I started playing MLBB around 2018 probably? I never really stuck to it since I wasn't interested in these types of games at the time, I only tried it because the guys at the back of my class kept talking about it during homeroom plus it was pretty famous and I always got ads for it. The first time I played it? Oh boy I was so confused. I didnt even know what I was doing. Never made it that far each time I came back to the game because I was so lost and frustrated. (P.S I picked this game back up over 3 times)
    I only started playing it again because my bestfriend kept nagging me about it, he wouldn't stop complaining and trying to convince me to play with him because he had no one to play with, he even did a little presentation for it (which was so stupid to the point it was funny), when he was talking about all the characters I could choose from I saw that one handsum character Ling who was MY TYPE, I asked him who that character was, what he does etc. and after he explaines I agreed. What can I say? I like collecting attractive characters. I worked so hard grinding for this one character that the game actually grew on me lol. Anyways I couldn't have gone this far if not for my bsf who answered all of my questions no matter how trivial or dumb they were. Thanks dude. Even though you kept trash talking me every single time I died, I still wanna thank your dumbass.

KALPA, I just found it on the app store while trying to find new rhythm games to play. Nothing much I could say about it really, its a pretty good rhythm game, but I wouldn't recommend it for beginners.

Ensemble stars.
    I LOVE IT.
    I only started playing a few days ago, not even a week in yet. I'm pretty into it lol. I love collecting the idol cards, the story is interesting, and I love the game play. I actually downloaded it along with BanG Dream! but I havent checked that one out yet.

Honestly I'm pretty new to rhythm games, before this I've only played Arcaea, VOEZ, and a little bit of osu, and before THOSE I've only played piano tiles lmao

So yeah thats that. I put it under the spoiler thing because if I dont my reply would look cluttered and long lol.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    Eat_Angst likes this.
  16. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I really have to choose, then it would be Dark Souls, but I have a lot of favorite games, f.e.
    JRPG: Trails of series (Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel, Zero and Ao no Kiseki) + FF7-10
    Novel/Mistery/Puzzle solving: Zero Escape and Danganronpa series
    2D Jump'n'Runs: Donkey Kong series and Yoshis Island
    Tower Defense: Plants vs. Zombies and Pixeljunk Monsters HD
    2D Action RPG: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and Terranigma
    SRPGS: Disgaea 4
    Rogue-Like: The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (best balancing out of all Isaac games)
    Horror Games: Resident Evil 2 and 4
    Open World Action Games: GTA San Andreas and GTA 5
    3D Action RPG: Ys VIII
    DRPG: Dungeon Travelers 2

Eat_Angst likes this.
  17. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (for turn based strategy), Age of Mythology for RTS (real time strategy).

Eat_Angst likes this.
  18. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say Divinity original Sin 2 as far as RPGs go, it has a combination of a very good gameplay loop and an interesting enough story to keep it going plus whether you play it on your own for story or to gamebreak it or just to fuck around with a friend its still very fun.

in terms of strategy games, the one that has been keeping my attention recently is Total War WarHammer 2, though I would advise anyone to straw hat it rather than actually buy it, if you didn't get duped by Creative Assembly the game has a good variety of races to play and they actually play very differently from one another. I am an edgy kid at heart so I almost always choose either the orcs or the dark elves.

Eat_Angst likes this.
  19. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Nioh 2, FFXIV, and Hitman 2.

Eat_Angst likes this.
  20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm the style? no problem~
    just feel suck with delivery aka execution~ Zero on Knight style feel heh enuf but imo 6 beat it~ dancing with the angel~

Eat_Angst likes this.