Spoiler The Count’s Secret Maid | 백작가의 비밀스런 시녀님

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by dunnoperson_, Jun 12, 2022.

1. dunnoperson_

dunnoperson_ was reading your spoiler

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Author:
    백주아
    Year:
    Completed, 163 Chapter + 43 side stories
    Official Novel:
    백작가의 비밀스런 시녀님
    Novel Updates:
    The Count’s Secret Maid

Description:

Paula, the daughter of a poor peasant.

By chance, she is hired as the maid of the prestigious Count Bellunita.

But the owner she has to serve can’t see.

She thought it would be so difficult to serve the blind master.

The problem is that his personality is too sassy!

The story of a master who has lost his sight and has a dirty temper, and a maid who went through all sorts of hardships...

REVIEW
    review from
    *Please note that this review is very subjective.

As the introductory text says, the story takes place when the female protagonist, 'Paola', takes care of the Count who has read the sight. There is a novel with a similar plot in the beginning, 'Raw'. It was a very interesting introductory article for me who enjoyed the raw, and I read it because both Lidy and the series had appropriate star ratings and generous reviews.

I think the story was moderately good. The roles that helped Paula were also people who moved from their own interests, and it wasn't bad...but. That's all.

1. An improbable story

This is a story that would have been nice if it had been told well. The story takes place while a man who gets caught up in a cross-family fight loses his sight and depends on a maidservant who has become a supporter of him. The story alone is fine, but there is no possibility of tying episodes to episodes.

The process of Paula becoming a man's handmaiden was fine. However, she said that the connection with Lucas, she thought, was strange from Ethan's lukewarm attitude.

The story after 5 years, which moves like part 2, was rushed to progress, and explanations that could fill the gap of 5 years were omitted, so I had to fill in only the first-person perspective of Polar. I don't know who likes subjective explanations and guesses from this first-person point of view, but at least how? The explanation for what? was lacking.

2. Characters that are not three-dimensional as if they were three-dimensional

Let's start with the male owner, Vincent. He lost his sight and somehow regained his sight with the help of Lucas. But what did Vincent do after he regained his sight? What did he do that the butler suddenly disappeared and the count's attendants were so afraid of him? There is a brief explanation of this in the article. The aristocratic aspect, punishment for extravagance... But the feeling of something empty is not filled.

The same goes for Ethan, Namjoo's friend. Feeling sorry for her older brother and feeling guilty about it, good. However, the way she overcame the process is not the appearance of gaining strength after receiving her advice from Paula, but rather like a supporting actor who portrays all of her and stands on stage.

The other characters also appeared once rather than three-dimensional, and I felt like an extra that lacked a bit of setting.

3. Conclusion

... this really has nothing to do with it. The moment I read it to the end, why did I read this? I think. It is really a neat structure of gi-win-jeon-determination, but countless questions remained unanswered until the end.

Among the shortcomings, it was romance.

I thought it wouldn't be a sweet romance that shows a rough but friendly side... but I think it's more about 'Paola's Overcoming the Wounds' than romance. I think it would not have been appropriate if this article had sweet and sweet content. To be honest, regardless of whether you like this novel or not, I think it's a romance that fits well in the end. Paula, who is forgetting her wounds, and Vincent, who confesses her love. The final scene, which I couldn't write down for fear of spoilers, suited the ending well.

Overall, the novel feels a bit dry. The atmosphere, the story, and the way it was expressed fit my taste, but it was a really disappointing novel that my expectations were shattered in the story and plausibility.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. millieeee

millieeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Bunbun235

Bunbun235 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be short, it feels like this is not a dramatic story. It's from the same author as 'A Rose Wrapped Around A Broken Blade'. From the author's works, it looks like their stories are very realistic that revolve around human emotions, and many people have found them beautiful.

From the synopsis and prologue, it's clearly about two emotionally wounded people who eventually fall in love. Vincent cannot see and feels out of place because of it (I believe he gets his sight back, but his behaviour and sudden change is justifiable in a way), and Paula only minds her own business because of her past (and present, you can say). Really looking forward to this story as I love reading not-so-dramatic stories.

Let's see how it goes!

xpeanut, TrinaAngel, crsnjnl and 8 others like this.
  5. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cover looks sexy and the above comment made me look forward to it.
    :blob_plusone:

Bunbun235 and dunnoperson_ like this.
  6. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Bunbun235

Bunbun235 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! This scene resembles the prologue in the way, haha.

I expect a good amount of fluff, and angst, of course (as they both have their own stories). Thanks a lot for this! :)

8. llaladeriver

llaladeriver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edited

This is based on mtl so pardon if there's any mistakes. So it was said that there was a ball held by the imperial family and suddenly there was an assassin that attacked the ML (Vincent Bellunita) dressed up in Bellunita's servant uniform but later was known that the assassin wasn't one of his servants. There was an aid by his side so he only got a slight scratch but the problem was that the assassin threw some kind of medicine into his eyes and his vision slowly turned blurry then went completely dark.

Basically, only a few people in the annex (including FL) know that Vincent is blind even the other servants in the main mansion don't know and the people outside only know that he’s recuperating from the incident from the ball. Sadly, the person and the motive of the incident are still unknown

- She's born to a peasant father and a runaway mother because her mother can't bear the poverty. Lemme tell you, her trash father is one of the worst I've seen in k-novels.
    - Paula is the oldest and she has four siblings. Because of mtl I'm unsure if they're little sis/bro but for sure the 3rd (if I'm not mistaken) sibling is a girl because she's said to be sold to some noble because of her beauty.
    - The other siblings? They have pitiful endings. The youngest died from being beaten up, the fourth died because of hunger and the second was sent to broth*l (I gasped and couldn't say a word when reading this)
    - The 3rd was practically being sold for her beauty and she's your typical sly and evil sibling.
    - Paula? Yea she's being sold too, I mean the difference is that she's 'hired' but the father doesn't even know what she will be doing so yea that trash sold her too. Plus, he has the audacity to act sad and helpless when sending her off (jeez)
    - Paula's life is no better. She's kept by her father just to do all works and get beaten up for breathing. She has to witness all her siblings die or being sold off.
    - Everyone calls her ugly and horrendous so she has bangs to cover her face (poor girl). She's brainwashed to think that she's ugly.
    - She has no an ounce of will to live as you can read from the premise that she doesn't care if Vincent really shoots her but later she slowly gets her will to live if it means that life feels like hell.
    - She's hurt really hurt, but she's brave and has the courage to comfort Vincent.
    - She's not your typical sweet FL but she has her own way for taking care of him.

- Another pitiful protagonist from this story. He's from the Count family but both his parents died of an accident when he was young.
    - He has to take over the title at the young age and ofc people belittle him at first.
    - Not much background of him revealed but his psychological state is gradually explained, how worse his situation is.
    - He actually tries to live his life as normal as possible after went blind, but he got A LOT of assassination attempts. Imagine only seeing the world in dark and people are chasing after you.
    - He got poisoned, almost killed and other attempts.
    - [TW: self-harm]
    So, Paula's room is next to him and every night she hears thud sounds but as far as she knows all the objects in his room have been thrown out by him so she's wondering where it comes from and later it's found out that the sounds were his attempts to hurt himself by banging his head because of his nightmares.
    - If he has no objects to throw, he will scratch his own skin until it bleeds.
    - Yes, he acts aloof, cold and indifferent, but no sane person won't turn like this when your life is like him.

- Ethan is Vincent's friend and I assume he's close to him since he's by far the only guest that can come to the annex and even sees Vincent's condition.
    - He's idk how to describe it but he seems to be the cunning/sly type I mean he smiles and acts nice but he's a nobleman after all.
    - He seems nice but I'm sure if he's trustworthy or not since he kinda forces Vincent to announce his real situation but let's see.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  9. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    xpeanut, crsnjnl, your crush and 3 others like this.
  10. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much for the spoilers. my god this story is so amazing and sad

11. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not my usual but very good

12. Elisee

Elisee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler please :blob_plusone:

13. azrarum

azrarum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So she was adopted by the Christopher family and attended the royal family prom. 1 year later mc and ml got married.
    It was a party held by the royal family. The focus was on a young girl adopted by the Christopher family. Those who saw her for the first time laughed and slandered her ugly face, making it hard to believe that she was a relative of her Earl Christopher. But after the big event, a man cold enough to carry the dreadful rumor of a surviving Earl after killing his blood and blood showed a friendly face to his brother, and everyone was astonished. Also, not to mention the attitude of her fiance, Count Bellunata.

A woman who is loved by two men has become an object of jealousy and envy by everyone. The bizarre rumors that still caught up with them like tags were completely overshadowed by their friendly appearance. Surrounded by people, she couldn't deny that she was more dazzling than anyone else.

A year later, the Christopher family and the Bellunita family were married through marriage. It was a quick move compared to the engagement ceremony that took so long.

Many people attended the wedding ceremony. It was a place that anyone could attend regardless of their status. The bride faced the man she would spend her life with in the blessings of everyone, and her ugly face shone so beautifully. No one knew that she was her maid, who disappeared into her darkness.

And, like any fairy tale, she is said to have lived happily ever after with her loved ones.

This is the story of a maid who once disappeared leaving behind a secret.

And the story of an aristocratic lady who finds her own happiness.

That's my story.

14. meafia

meafia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god. This novel made me so emotional. Especially the scenes where ml was slowly recovering. 100/10

15. Asal.g

Asal.g Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I find the mtl?

16. azrarum

azrarum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On booktoki

Asal.g likes this.
  17. Nada Amore

Nada Amore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was she able to rescue any of her surviving siblings?

18. Fluffy From Flufferland

Fluffy From Flufferland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure the only surviving sibling of her's is that spoiled brat that doesn't need saving. The others are dead. The baby was beaten to death and second was sold to a brothel and was killed and fourth died of starvation. The third was left alive as she was pretty and can be sold to a rich nobleman.

Nada Amore likes this.
  19. Sylviaaa

Sylviaaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you share a copy, please ><

anna.an likes this.
  20. milano

milano Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same please