Forgotten Title Looking for a specific novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by muses of a dreamer, Jul 5, 2022.

1. muses of a dreamer

muses of a dreamer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A while ago I read a novel I enjoyed quite a bit. It’s about two characters who transmigrated into side characters - one is a Di Daughter and the other a Shu Daughter. The difference is that this isn’t the first rebirth of the Di Daughter - she lived this life before. In the previous timeline she rejected a marriage to a nobleman in order to pursue a career in medicine and so the betrothal fell to the Shu daughter but that ended miserably for her. The Shu daughter led a happy life with her husband while she the Di Daughter was miserable because the people in this world proved to be smarter than she believed and became suspicious of her miraculous deeds and so she ended up as a concubine to the Emperor who used up every knowledge she had and ordered she should be buried alongside him after he died. The current timeline the Di Daughter decided she wanted to marry that nobleman because she didn’t want to end up like her previous self and two she didn’t think that the Shu Daughter deserved the life she was supposed to have. So she snatched the marriage back. Only this time the Shu Daughter is no longer the same person as the previous timeline and not only that she ends up having a more prestigious marriage this timeline. It’s a sweet and smooth sailing life for the Shu Daughter and her new intended husband to be, whereas the Di Daughter behaves so epically stupid she is likely to end up the same life she had in the previous life. If you guys know the title of this said novel it would be really amazing. I thank you in advance :)

2. thyraaa

thyraaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. muses of a dreamer

muses of a dreamer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thyraaa likes this.
  4. thyraaa

thyraaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome :blob_grin::blobpopcorn_cool:

5. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Might seem ignorant...but why are women centric stories so behind marriage?

Like that's the epitome of power for women or something? I actually thought female centric ones would hate the notion of marriage and depending on powerful males.

Ps: just rant...don't mind me :blobpeek:

6. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    THISS

7. ParanoidKitten

ParanoidKitten Just a barely one month old, silly kitten

Reading List:
    Link
    It's mainly because of the setting.
    In ancient china, women had basically no rights (or at least that's what I've learned from reading novel xD). They were responsible for giving birth and keeping the house and concubines of their husband in check, while ideally being beautiful, lovely and supporting of their husband having 3 wives and 4 concubines as well as a manor filled with tongfang....
    For this reason it's not surprising that they only think about getting married to someone powerful/promising. They will have a better life (or they think so until after the marriage), get benefits for their natal family, or just plainly want to become a marchioness/duchess/general's wife/crown princess/princess/empress.
    Naturally, authors will portray them in this way, but as modern people it can be kind of disturbing, having to read about the mindset from back then. Personally I don't have a problem with it. Especially for this novel.
    I just LOVE this novel to death!

8. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I know history was a b**tch...but why are wish fulfilment following it though? XD

It's like the American black people community loving a novel called

"I was the best cotton harvester so my master gave me the mansion"

Like wtf?

Ps: I get the history part, I just don't get the present :blobpeek: