Spoiler My Husband Ascended as the Chosen One / 남편이 용사로 각성했다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by dunnoperson_, Mar 17, 2022.

1. dunnoperson_

dunnoperson_ was reading your spoiler

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Associated Titles:
    남편이 용사로 각성했다,
    My Husband Awakened As A Hero
    Author:
    No 5
    Artist:
    소은
    Novel:

SYNOPSIS:

Her immature husband ran away 3 years ago to become a warrior, he finally returns and become a real warrior. But something's wrong. It's different from the brave thing she knows. She followed her husband to the capital, finds out about the unfamiliar situation and even the other side of her husband, whom she had never known before...

A month ago before her husband ran away, the neighbor, Linda, her sister-in-law ran out, saying that she would become a hero. A week ago, the brother-in-law of Uncle Tom's friend's son who sells fruits at the market also ran away from home saying he wanted to become a hero.

And today her husband licked mulgun soup at the dinner table and said: “Shirley. I guess I've awakened to be a hero." Where did she pick up the mushrooms wrong?

Official Manhwa:
    Official Translation (English):
    My Husband Ascended as the Chosen One
    Art:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  2. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll just run too

3. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope she will take the other guy her husband is shi*t

Oshiiii and Mira_bee like this.
  4. Mira_bee

Mira_bee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's still early chapter but ughh.. i hope FL is with other only who treat her well and surely

5. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I skimmed through the first chapter and WOW her husband is so damn immature and petty wtf :blob_thor: Does he change into becoming a better man after succeeding as a hero? Does even care about his family? Are there any spoilers if she succeeds in divorcing him? Who's the dark-haired guy? Pretty sure he's the ML here.

Oshiiii and bleedingliar24 like this.
  6. flowers_bloom

flowers_bloom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i found a blog review with a lot of spoilers in it
    The genre is divided into ropan, but it's not different, but because it's the Middle Ages.

In the Middle Ages, women were suppressed, as can be guessed, and in this era, the main character Shirley struggled to divorce.

It's already mentioned in the introduction of the work, but I'll add it again just in case.My husband is not male lead. There's a separate male lead.

The reason for this emphasis is that her husband, George, is a piece of rubbish.

Her husband ran away from home one day to become a real warrior after only saying that he had been awakened as a warrior.

So Shirley raises her son Brandon alone.Yeah, that's all right up to here.

But one day George tells Shirley to come back and come up to the capital, saying he really became a warrior.

Satisfied with her current life, Shirley says why she should, but George says to think of her son Brandon and condition that if she goes with him to the capital, he will get divorced.Shirley and her son Brandon, who went up to the capital.

But it doesn't seem easy to get a divorce.

In fact, George's becoming a warrior does not mean a righteous, "courageous" who fights against evil, which we commonly know.

The valiant speaking here is nothing but entertainment for the nobility.

In other words, George won the Yongsadus 101(?).

At this time, George sold his handsome appearance and stories about his family in the village to become a warrior, and he had to bring his family to the capital to prove it.

As mentioned above, George is trash, so he appears to be spending time with Shirley after coming up to the capital, urging her to be feminine and hoping to obey her will.

Besides, George said he'd divorce me, but in fact, he had no intention of getting divorced...

In response, Shirley joined hands with a nobleman named Theodore to try to divorce him.

It was a very realistic story.It's like... I was able to experience the times indirectly.

For example, you can take Mrs. Linda, who is a neighbor.

Aunt Linda cares about Shirley and wants her to be happy.

But that's why she doesn't want Shirley to get divorced. For her, a 'divorced woman' means a flawed woman, and she firmly believes that a divorce would make Shirley unhappy.

That's not to say that she doesn't spare Shirley.It's just that she's been learning and thinking for a long time, so she has no choice but to think so.Even in this world, if they get divorced, they would stop them and watch them.

From the reader's point of view, Aunt Linda may be the character that makes the story stuffy, but for Shirley, at least for her, it seems that her struggles were more realistic because she was a person who was both hard and loving her.

Also, after the divorce, it was revealed that George offered a man to a nobleman, he was executed...

Shirley feels bitter inside.It was because I wondered if George had been executed so quickly if the people he had dedicated were women.George's "man" dedication made the issue a big issue, but if he had dedicated a woman, he might have passed without much punishment in an era when this culture was rampant in secret.

At the end of the novel, Shirley decides not to marry Theodore, who helped her divorce and confessed her love.

In response, Theodore's brother meets Shirley and asks why he doesn't marry his brother.

From his attitude, I can feel the gaze of the man in power.

Why is he not getting married as a woman?Theodore is a good groom to look at himself, but does she "poss" refuse?

For him, Shirley has no option of not getting married.

Rather, it is only too much for her to love her.

That's why Shirley is even more determined not to get married.

She has the option to do so, and she firmly believes that she can be happy without getting married.

And Theodore also understands and respects her choices.

Theodore, it's just light.Perhaps the genre is fantasy because there is a character like Theodore in this era...Haha

I recommend it when I want to read the story of a heroine who gains her rights against stereotypes.

the ending sounds very unique, i actually like how Shirley decides to stay single, it seems really refreshing

7. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a nice ending. I hope they don't change it in the adaptation. Thank you for sharing :blobsmilehappyeyes:

8. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  9. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    "How could you be so self-centered? You have a wife and a child!"

Shirley's husband, George flees to the capital on his own, saying that he'd return one day as the chosen one.
    Left all alone, she decides to raise her son Brandon on her own and forget about her scoundrel husband. But life is always a full of surprise. Shirley had to learn it the hard way, when her irresponsible husband returned to her with pride as the chosen one.

"Forget about my past mistake and come live with me, for Brandon's sake..."

Being forced to accept George's offer, Shirley forgives her husband and move to the capital city with her son. After all, Brandon's happiness is all she cares about.

Associated Names
    My Husband Awakened as a Hero
    남편이 용사로 각성했다

Artist(s)
    Seasoned Rib
    So Eun

Genres: Josei , Drama , Fantasy , Romance

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    jkumi7 and Ceilo27 like this.
  10. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She end up single????
    Wow where have you been all my life??? I always wondering why the FL always end up with shity ml? I know the author give them redeem arc and their character development change to a better, but some case like the ML killed the fl before?? I think to end up love him and live with him is impossible in real world, forgive the ml yes, but to love him again??? I don't think so, they always brushed it off the trauma that could haunt the FL.
    Anyway forgive for my rant, this is breath of fresh air, would love to read it

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  11. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I will go direct into the most wanted question, when did that inferior form of live that MC marry die and how ?

uvallrelato, LynnLynn, jkumi7 and 8 others like this.
  12. Anidori

Anidori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao. I'm sorry but this was hilarious to me.
    Also, same question lol

13. kali1

kali1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHA a chosen hero who after 3 years has trouble getting on a horse. Seems to have been chosen by the masses by a popularity contest due to his "love" of his wife that he also happened to have abandoned for 3 years. At least she calls him out on his bs.

14. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m happy for MC following her heart. She was very vocal about her position not to have anything to do with her husband and Theodore from the first chapters. Though it is not clear from the review if she’s staying actually single or is in a relationship with Theodore, but doesn’t marry him officially.
    I also don’t get the part about the husband’s crime. I tried translating it in different translators, but it’s still not clear what it means. Any ideas?

16. hongmeowpanda

hongmeowpanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Below plot spoilers are from the Bato comments (ty basicaaveragegirl)

evidently, the husband isn't the male lead. i believe that the tutor/the viscount, theodore, is the male lead. the only reason why the husband, george, was given such heavy emphasis on was becauss of how shitty of a husband and a father he is.

they'll get divorced but have difficulties along the way as george became a "warrior" by using his looks and the love story he had with his wife. he also won the youngsadus(?) and him being a warrior basically means he's an entertainer for the nobles. george just said that he'll divorce her after the count dies so that she would come with him.

in the end, he gets what he deserves by getting executed because of what he did to a nobleman.

(continued)
    after this whole thing, i think that the mc wanted to stay single, focus on herself, and her son but theo was telling her to get married to his brother or smtn but she didn't. i missed a lot of details here like how horrible her husband will treat her in the future so sit around y'all, its going to be entertaining. the MC is a force to be reckoned with. she will fight you if she needs to

17. sarrieta90

sarrieta90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What her ex do to get the ax? It must have been something either super serious or stupid to get caught and then executed.

18. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Same I want to know details on how he fucked up.

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  19. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The genre is divided into ropan, but it's not different, but because it's the Middle Ages.

In the Middle Ages, women were suppressed, as can be guessed, and in this era, the main character Shirley struggled to divorce.

It's already mentioned in the introduction of the work, but I'll add it again just in case.My husband is not male lead. There's a separate male lead.

The reason for this emphasis is that her husband, George, is a piece of rubbish.

Her husband ran away from home one day to become a real warrior after only saying that he had been awakened as a warrior.

So Shirley raises her son Brandon alone.Yeah, that's all right up to here.

But one day George tells Shirley to come back and come up to the capital, saying he really became a warrior.

Satisfied with her current life, Shirley says why she should, but George says to think of her son Brandon and condition that if she goes with him to the capital, he will get divorced.Shirley and her son Brandon, who went up to the capital.

But it doesn't seem easy to get a divorce.

In fact, George's becoming a warrior does not mean a righteous, "courageous" who fights against evil, which we commonly know.

The valiant speaking here is nothing but entertainment for the nobility.

In other words, George won the Yongsadus 101(?).

At this time, George sold his handsome appearance and stories about his family in the village to become a warrior, and he had to bring his family to the capital to prove it.

As mentioned above, George is trash, so he appears to be spending time with Shirley after coming up to the capital, urging her to be feminine and hoping to obey her will.

Besides, George said he'd divorce me, but in fact, he had no intention of getting divorced...

In response, Shirley joined hands with a nobleman named Theodore to try to divorce him.
    It was a very realistic story.It's like... I was able to experience the times indirectly.

For example, you can take Mrs. Linda, who is a neighbor.

Aunt Linda cares about Shirley and wants her to be happy.

But that's why she doesn't want Shirley to get divorced. For her, a 'divorced woman' means a flawed woman, and she firmly believes that a divorce would make Shirley unhappy.

That's not to say that she doesn't spare Shirley.It's just that she's been learning and thinking for a long time, so she has no choice but to think so.Even in this world, if they get divorced, they would stop them and watch them.

From the reader's point of view, Aunt Linda may be the character that makes the story stuffy, but for Shirley, at least for her, it seems that her struggles were more realistic because she was a person who was both hard and loving her.

Also, after the divorce, it was revealed that George offered a man to a nobleman, he was executed...

Shirley feels bitter inside.It was because I wondered if George had been executed so quickly if the people he had dedicated were women.George's "man" dedication made the issue a big issue, but if he had dedicated a woman, he might have passed without much punishment in an era when this culture was rampant in secret.
    At the end of the novel, Shirley decides not to marry Theodore, who helped her divorce and confessed her love.

In response, Theodore's brother meets Shirley and asks why he doesn't marry his brother.

From his attitude, I can feel the gaze of the man in power.

Why is he not getting married as a woman?Theodore is a good groom to look at himself, but does she "poss" refuse?

For him, Shirley has no option of not getting married.

Rather, it is only too much for her to love her.

That's why Shirley is even more determined not to get married.

She has the option to do so, and she firmly believes that she can be happy without getting married.

And Theodore also understands and respects her choices.

Theodore, it's just light.Perhaps the genre is fantasy because there is a character like Theodore in this era...Haha

20. donaiseiyuu

donaiseiyuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers!

I remember my grandmother used to say it is always better to be unhappily single than unhappily married. She always told us to divorce if we were ever unhappy in a marriage, because divorce may grant a woman freedom. Nice to finally see a novel that reflects that in some way! Hope I can make the time to read this novel soon and share spoilers.