Recommendations Protagonist with Unique Powers

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by gingingin1605, Jul 8, 2022.

1. gingingin1605

gingingin1605 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly, i'd like to say please don't recommend BL or modern-day stuff(urban fantasy).

i am looking for a Chinese novel where the male protagonist cultivates with the use of unique things. it can be anything.
    i am not exactly bored with the common cultivation trends but after reading them, i saw some cultivators whose cultivation journey i wanted to witness.
    For example:
    1. poison masters(i might be wrong but i read somewhere that soul land had a poison master as protagonist but i havent had a chance to read it yet)
    2. insect controllers
    3. someone who can create diseases(Death Mage is good, but he has many other powers and he doesnt use profession often)
    4. eats(absorbs) flesh to cultivate
    5. Evolves in race after getting stronger(like tensei slime and legendary mechanic)
    these were just examples, if it is something else as well please suggest me.
    i have read novels with dual cultivators, animals, magical species(goblins, slime etc.) ,common game professions, chu feng(many novels are same in essence)and summoners as protagonists so they arent what i am looking for.
    i have read Keyboard Immortal(making people angry with system to cultivate), Ultimate Scheming System(acting tough with system to cultivate), gourmet gaming(eating to level up) and The Strongest System so such novels are also a no.
    i know, i made too many restrictions:p but even after all this filtering, if there is such a novel then please tell me.

2. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure you're looking for Eastern Fantasy, but welp not gonna provide you that since you only said it's Chinese Novel that cultivate with the use of uniqe thing.

I recommend
    Lord of the Mysteries

Chinese Novel, Check
    Unique Way to gain Power (Cultivate), Check
    Evolves in race after getting stronger, Check

It may not be what you wanted, but I recommend this one, since every path is unique in its own way.

gingingin1605 likes this.
  3. gingingin1605

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now i was Tales of Herding Gods and my next novel was already going to be Lord of the Mysteries. i heard that the protagonist was a conman so i was a bit curious, now that i find out that there is racial evolution thing i am even more interested

4. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    The racial transformation is quite subtle at first, so don't expect much.

5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Nine Star Hegemon Body Art - due to the MC's particular circumstances, he could not cultivate the usual way. He can only cultivate using pills, so for this story his cheat is the memories of an ancient alchemy master. In addition, he's tempers his body using the Heavenly Tribulation's lightning. As for his attack, he just swings a heavy saber around, pretty much like a brute. He only had ONE named saber attack (the first of the skill set), that he only uses as a finisher due to high energy cost, for hundreds of chapters before he could find the second form of the set.

6. GlueGod

GlueGod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    King of Gods - eye cultivation - everytime his eye reaches a treshold it turns a different colour (and so does his hair), also gets different abiltiies based around that colour.

7. gingingin1605

Reading List:
    Link
    seems interesting, will try it but does his eyes have anything to with his power. how does he use his eyes during a fight. do they shoot out lasers, see through everything(I mean everything:X3:), turn someone into stone or something like that. Or is color the display of cultivation level only.

i was reading it a few weeks ago but there was a girl he took into the harem, i found her annoying and selfish. Then there was a girl who i liked who was abandoned by him. i got angry and dropped it but anyways i was not looking for such novels. according to me it would fall into the category of normal cultivation trends which is just slightly well written. in such novels the protagonists always have been crippled or something like that and then they get something. then they take more than 10 times the resources to cultivate and beat people a cultivation level or two higher than them. now, that something could be a book, some accessory, a spirit, knowledge etc.

8. GlueGod

GlueGod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its kinda like soul dao - so after the first change it goes green so in chinese = Azure - therefore wind, so he can shoot out a piercing wind slash or smth but only a few times b4 exhaution etc.

As for the seeing through stuff - he can do smth called Eye of Heaven - where he exits his body and his eyeball (its just one eye btw - he does have 2 eyes but one of them is the special one) makes a silhoutte with the clouds in the sky and he can see stuff - ppl get terrifed when they see it.

https://king-of-god.fandom.com/wiki/Zhao_Feng/Abilities

The above site could help u get an idea of his eye abilities - there's also bloodlines and shit and other characters who have unique abilities too who also progress in the novel like rivals and all so it doesn't feel like mc is the only special one.

9. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/41330/virtuous-sons-a-greco-roman-xianxia - I've only read 3 chapters of this so far, but it's pretty trippy. It's a cultivation novel set in Ancient Greece. All of the usual cultivation terms you're used to are replaced with Greek terms. Instead of ascending the Heavens, they're climbing Olympus Mons. Qi is replaced with pneuma. Instead of sects, they have cults. The Young Master is a Young Aristocrat. Unarmed martial arts is pankration. Instead of training at the practice field, they go to the gymnasium and train in the nudie, covered in oil. Trippy. I had to look up those terms on wikipedia.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022