Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. the english writer

the english writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agnes' last sentence about Riftan going off to talk to Kuahel made me shiver. I hope it's not about him and Maxi again, I'm not sure now is the time.
    Guys, I'm getting really nervous now :eek:

2. ChezcaAnne

ChezcaAnne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm worried because instead of 5 Wigrew Reincarnations we'll only have 3 left:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: God bless Quahel and of course Maxi's dance partner Sejour:rolleyes:

3. the english writer

the english writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I miss Sejour! I want to see him. Whatever's going on around them, Sejour always has a smile :)

4. ChezcaAnne

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I remember reading about the banquet, he was still chivalrous and cheerful despite Riftan staring daggers at him:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

5. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 172

Great confusion ensued. Troops camped outside the castle reentered the castle to escape the heavy snow. The horses were moved to an empty building. Riftan gathered all the commanders and held an emergency meeting. The priest continued the funeral in a chaotic atmosphere. Everyone is scared and worried about what will happen next.

Maxi is at the guesthouse treating a patient. Apparently Ruth had already treated these patients. Right now, things are tough. Because all countries have a food crisis problem because of the extreme snow climate and they can't ask for additional supplies because it can invite big protests.

All costs should be borne by the great crusade of Osyris. But if they replace all these financial problems, they are likely to fall economically. Moreover, they have the task of maintaining peace agreements between countries. However, if they managed to subdue the dragon again, the church would be famous again so there was no choice but to take on the responsibility (even though they had financial problems).

Max is feeling sad. Just when she felt that everything was almost over, it turned out that the real war had just begun. Max asks Ruth, shouldn't the shield installed prevent the dragon from awakening? Supposedly because it was installed, the dragon could only rise a few months after this to collect mana. Ruth replied that it seemed like the monsters had been gathering fire energy for quite a while without the allied alliance's knowledge. It was possible that the monsters had accumulated fire energy before they stole the dragon's mana stone. So that's enough to resurrect the dragon.

Max asks if it will take them 3 years again to subdue the dragon. Ruth said that in fact they used to spend a lot of time destroying the dragon's barrier and searching for the existence of the secto. They do that by circling along the whedon region then to the dristan and arex.
    But now the situation is different. The barrier that the monsters created has been shattered. On the other hand, the church has built a new barrier. And they know where the dragon remains are sealed. Dragons can't move either.

Secto is a big monster. Its height is 51 meters. In order to survive with such a large body, he needed a large amount of mana. Because of that, the secto is always hibernating. But if he wakes up, he will be active. But that's only when the dragon can gather energy for 2-5 years in its hibernation.

Ruth added that there had never been any record of an undead dragon. But if anything, it's likely to be like when it just woke up from hibernation and maybe 20 times weaker than the dragon it should be.

Max had just been relieved by the information Ruth had given her. But max realized, even though the dragon was weak, his body was huge. The bones are very strong on par with orihalcon and adamant. Even the scales have a strong anti-magic that blocks all external attack magic. That means there are no weapons or magic that can be effective against dragons (hence riftan can kill dragons by using the dragon's own mana absorbed into the riftan's sword). The new allied alliance will go to Lexus Mountain after all the supplies arrive.

In the afternoon, Agnes came to see Maxi. They greet each other. Max slept only 6 hours during these 2 days. And her clothes were stained with blood and dust from busy healing patients. Also her hair is messy because she hasn't combed it for 2 days. Meanwhile, Agnes looks neat and attractive despite the relaxed atmosphere.

Max asked about the results of the commanders meeting. There was no significant outcome except for the circumstances in which Richt cornered Leon and spilled all the blame on the Osyrian Church. Meanwhile, Agnes left Riftan because Riftan wanted to talk to Kuahel

6. ChezcaAnne

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for thiss

na3_no3h and kim rabbit like this.
  7. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    no, mount lexus is quite far from anatole if we refer to the map 2401A8E9-2089-4E5C-907A-C3372A9F3D4C.jpeg

8. Ruth simp

Ruth simp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think going to lexos mountain from anatol by water route would be eastiest and fastest. What do you say?

manlyman, Aria_WW, kitsoul and 3 others like this.
  9. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    that's right. Compared to the land route, the sea route looks easier and faster. But there doesn't seem to be a port on the lexus mount. and if the journey from dristan, the area closest to mount lexus, takes 1 month. Then how about a trip to Anatol. if it was possible to use the sea route, it would cost a lot of ships and funds to transport the RDK

10. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and I find it interesting that from Croyso to Anatol it takes a few days, from Anatol to Drachium Castle about a week to 15 days but from Dristan to the mountains it takes a month. The map would have to be revised so that the distances are correct. But anyway. The chapter was really interesting.

11. JosianeLoures

JosianeLoures Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the next chapter was Kuahel POV!!! Imagine understand what he thinks about Max and Riftan... Now I need it happens o_O

12. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes you're right.

Actually what I'm most looking forward to is the appearance of the WT wizards, Calto (I forgot, is this really the name of Ruth's uncle?) and others wizards. There could be another way to kill the secto without riftan having to do something risky to it. In the past, the holy knight party made a plan by absorbing the dragon's mana with a barrier so that the dragon died by itself due to exhaustion. But the plan failed so riftan took the risk himself. This time, also the barrier that had been refined was unable to block the dragon's awakening. If there's a WT wizard, maybe we'll know how to get dragon mana and use it.

What is clear, Kuahel will no longer cooperate with Maxi without riftan's approval. And if kuahel can persuade riftan then riftan will be forced to reassign maxi back with kuahel

manlyman, na3_no3h, Earthyyy4 and 3 others like this.
  13. cxiong06

cxiong06 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think terrain possibly plays a factor in how long it takes to travel. also, anatol, drachium, croyso have some sort of road/route.

if i remember correctly, lexo mountains wasn't explored much since secto at the time had barriers and what not to keep intruders from it's cave.

manlyman, Aria_WW, kitsoul and 5 others like this.
  14. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, crossing the mountains with all the supply wagons, the amount of horses and men is no easy feat. No wonder it may take them a month. No villages to get more supplies, tricky terrain, possibility of encountering numerous monsters etc.

15. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes you are both absolutely right. I didn't think about that :facepalm:

16. shake65

shake65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me know if this makes sense. Riftan can’t kill the dragon like he did last time because it would revive. They need a holy relic or something holy to kill it. Also, how is Maxi going to get Riftan to let her go lol.

I wonder if Riftan is just speaking to him about who should go on the subjugation ( not about the Maxi situation) but I wonder if Quahel will request the Maxi go. Now that will be a big problem. Quahel really trusts Maxi as a wizard ::bloblove::

17. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    actually this notion of the undead dragon is confusing. If he's like any other undead, then isn't there a necromancer controlling him? if so, the task of the allied alliance will increase. They must look for the necromancer first then kill the dragon.

But it doesn't seem so. maybe this has something to do with the dragon awakening through the mana stone which has been filled with fire energy again. it was possible that the current dragon didn't need to be controlled by a necromancer. After all it is said that the dragon is their god, there should be no servant controlling the god. If the dragon had indeed risen without the necromancer's control, then as Ruth said. The dragon was 20 times weaker than its normal state.

Maxi's position as the RDK wizard. Kuahel actually doesn't have the right to ask Maxi to join the expedition, unless Kuahel finds a solution that requires Maxi's expertise. Actually, with the Maxi infiltration incident yesterday, Riftan's trust must have diminished. He could have told maxi to stay at the besmore like riftan used to do. But maybe this time is different

18. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the dragon is not controled, necromancers probably were needed to harvest the mana to summon the dragon, I mean similar to some other fantasy stories were magical overlords or dead warlocks are brought back by some elaborate summonig ritual, but once they are summoned they are independent as they were in their previous life or when they were alive. Usually such rituals require blood, in UTOT it was fire mana stone.

19. saarah00

saarah00 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, im sorry i messaging here, this has nothing to do with novel, in my account box im filling out my detail, dob, location etc etc but under 'home page' what do i put, its asking for a valid url, i don't know what that is. Plz help

20. shake65

shake65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Riftan is just speaking to him about who should go on the subjugation ( not about the Maxi situation) but I wonder if Quahel will request the Maxi go. Now that will be a big problem. Quahel really trusts Maxi as a wizard
    you make great points about the necromancer, but I feel like the manastone plays a part in not needing a necromancer. I don’t think Quahel will tell her to come to with them, but maybe suggesting her to come for some reason. I’m honestly hoping it is something she could do, but I feel like even if there were Riftan wouldn’t let her anywhere near that dragon.