Discussion good kr novel ending???

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Bad Storm, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Genuinely curious, have you read a kr novel with a proper satisfying ending?
    I have been reading for years now and I feel like most kr novels suffer from weak endings.

Also, what makes a satisfying ending for you?

2. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    nope, mostly cause I don't read many Korean works

3. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    i kinda wanna read a jp novel next. hmm hmmm hmmmmm

Dr_H_16 and phoenix107 like this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it just needs to properly tie up the loose ends?

I dunno, as long as it doesn't give me a feeling of "What!? That's it!?" then the ending satisfies me~

Like, I dunno, even in romance stuff I can sometimes be satisfied by the ending even when the couple doesn't quite get together. For as long as the build-up to get there was good enough, I can be happy with a more ambiguous ending and stuff.

5. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Book eating magician has a good ending
    Novels written by drunk dragon are rushed but good endings
    Solo leveling haas good ending and epilogue

6. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    the only kr novel I've actually read to an end is orv
    it was terribly unsatisfying because it wasn't a happy ending in my opinion.

7. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    reminds me that i haven't finished that one since i was stacking chapters :sweating_profusely:

8. phoenix107

phoenix107 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea many kr endings get ruined or rushed, ending maker had a good but really rushed ending, orv was sad but I still liked it, the main heroines are trying to kill me ( i read the raws) also had a good ending. Novel's extra ending was one of the worst for me

9. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, there's none.
    Ha.

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    EER , bit rushed but at the end you have side chapters for each waifu and the family.

11. phoenix107

phoenix107 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should try " The fake saint of the year", its genderbender but theres no romance, just comedy and misunderstandings, it had a very satisfying ending in my opinion

Bad Storm likes this.
  12. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Romance: Hokuou Kizoku to Moukinzuma (romance novel set in Arctic)
    Ongoing but very good: Infinite Dendrogram and Reign of Seven Spellblades.
    Finished: Rakuin no Monshou.

Bad Storm likes this.
  13. DustySpiral

DustySpiral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isekai:

If you include the Epilogue chapters, I feel FFF-Class Trash Hero had a proper ending. There's one aspect to it I disliked*, but overall if you like the first half of the series you'll probably like the second half just as much if not more. I'd be interested in a sequel series, as there's clearly more that can be done with this cast, but this initial tale has ended.

Second most author-forced** harem I've seen [why doesn't he just split back into two versions of himself after the initial fusion?!], but at least when the MC actually gets a choice in the epilogue he actively turns down the opportunity to expand the harem further w/ someone he likes quite a lot. He turns it down... because he knows it would deeply hurt >spoiler<'s feelings, even if she would put up with it, and unlike most isekai MCs he actually effing cares about his wife's feelings!

**Seriously, the MC ends up having a harem despite never pursuing another relationship while in a relationship.

If you DON'T include the Epilogue chapters, I feel The Second Coming of Gluttony had a very strong final arc. Some of the arcs leading up to it were... less than great... but the final arc itself was well done. The epilogue chapters... there's a lot to complain about, I don't really have any interest in this one getting a sequel (at least not focusing on the same cast).

----

Romance.. err... *checks country*. Hrm, the one I was going to bring up is CN so nevermind then.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    Emma626 likes this.
  14. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean romance novels have a pretty standard happy ending. Marriage then have children, no more major conflict.

Emma626 likes this.
  15. Mynmyn

Mynmyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like preferential treatment for possessors. The ending satisfied me, the mysteries were resolved, they’ve overcame the trials in a satisfying way and it was a happy ending. There were heart wrenching moments that were remembered when I finished the novel which made me feel all sorts of emotions. I think what makes a satisfying novel for me is wether it evoked strong or numerous emotions from me as I see and read the ending, wether it was a bad or good ending.
    Also like to add Stepmother’s Marchen which left me in tears as I completed the main story. It was a good ending but it made me feel all sorts of emotions because of what they’ve been through and the memories they had as I read them.

16. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    Kill The Villainess, Villainess reverses the Hourglass and some others as well have a pretty satisfying ending.

17. One Perfect Veteran

One Perfect Veteran [ICL] [Bureaucat] [Cereal Killer]

Reading List:
    Link
    yeahhhh, EER (Everyone Else is a Returnee), some toika's novels (like I reincarnated for nothing, stop friendly fire, infinite competitive dungeon society), SCOG (The Second Coming of Avarice), and... that is pretty much it.
    I guess, its cool when in the end, the mc's life purpose ends up being achieved?