Spoiler EX rank supporting role's replay in a prestigious high school

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Reio, Mar 24, 2021.

1. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay here is the MTL for 667-718

https://pastebin.com/4956P58G
    pw: 6790 (same for file download link contained within). I also attached the raw file that I add to when I buy a new chapter. It's helpful sometimes if there are really confusing sentences you can go and check it out using Papago Translator (just google it) cuz the MTL is done via google and there are differences between the two.

some basic notes about korean mtl:
    - korean sentences often omit pronouns and the subject and verb can often be reversed in MTL because in english we are explicit about who is doing what, but korean doesn't have to be, so sometimes when you see mtl sentences like "
    I heard that Eun-ho is on the weak side among the nobles, was it this much? In terms of strength, I might be outnumbered by Eunho" (google tl)

and ppl's gender can be male or female even if you already know the character's gender, because the sentence doesn't use a "he" or "she"
    it actually means
    "I heard Eunho is one of the weaker members of the family. Was it this much? In terms of strength, I might be stronger than Eunho" (papago)

and ppl's gender can be male or female even if you already know the character's gender, because the sentence doesn't use a "he" or "she"

I've read enough korean mtl that I can understand what the sentence means even if it's saying the reverse like "I do like it" instead of "I don't like it" but often times you just have to read the context to get it because google tl does have a tendency to sometimes reverse the meaning due to the korean sentence structure.

also note that unlike english a LOT of words have the exact hangul (korean characters) as each other but mean totally different things. I had to check some words in a dictionary to understand why the mtl meaning don't make sense. common example of verbs:
    dry it => stop it (what is actually means)
    Old man => sir (like when teachers greet a respected elderly hero and call them "old man" It's actually more like "Sir" but the MTL lol I searched this up cuz you don't greet famous ppl like that in America, much less Korea

and iced coffee is mtl for "ah" sound bc of iced Americano and how it's spelled out. stuff like that.

when Hwang Jiho offers something and ppl say "done" = "no"

"news report" or "new report" - took me a while to figure this out when I searched the word, because it's either an archaic word or something the author made up since there is no direct translation, but it refers to the holy treasure that was first mentioned in like chapter 90 where Kim Shin-rok had healed Red Tiger with in the past. But because the hangul for "news (shin)" and "treasure (shinbo)" are the same mtl often makes this error.

dalian = not the chinese city, but a spar. It's a koreanified term that's used in korean wuxia novels that you can't figure out unless you also know chinese...

fortune telling breakfast (lol) = it's another term used in kr martial arts novels. when I isolated and googled the word it's basically a meditation method

names:
    Dokgo Miro is sometimes mtl'd as poisonous maze/labyrinth. It's really annoying but her name uses those hangul that have these meanings.
    April Seerum - note the Waffles translation explanation -> this hangul is the same as the month April but the presented hanja (chinese characters) make it a totally different name.

I've been rereading the early translation of the chapters online from 100-200 and think I'll just go and mtl the early stuff cuz they're so inconsistent I'll prob like the mtl better. Cuz first Snare is male!!! Idk why that one translator translated like 30 chapters of Snare being female. It's not.

The school principal Hwang Bo Yoon is female. mentioned several times explicitly as an elderly lady.

sound effects:
    koreans love onomatopoeia - they like making and writing all sorts of reaction sounds. so the
    "whoops whoops" you see in mtl is like a tremoring sound effect. the character itself has no meaning it's just like saying "*boom*" that kind of thing, but that is not common in writing in english it is extremely common in korean.

-
    when I get around to it I'm going to edit the frequently occuring mistaken names of Jeokho (which gets mtl'd as enemy -> similar hangul, different hanja case again), and Silver Light which is like silver commercial/advertisement, and Cho Euishin which gets mtl'd as "Faith/Joui God/God of Jo/Shining and all sorts of things because the "Shin" in his name by itself is the same hangul for a deity, like the Japanese "Shinra" and so forth.

I would so LOVE it if the author would just use more regular terminology and not invent her own terminology and names that have the same hangul as a bunch of other things, because it's hard for non-koreans and regular translations to pick up the nuance. Never have I appreciated more the english language's varied non-repeating words before.

anyways hope that helps ppl understand mtl better cuz I definitely keep a list of terms for this novel and stuff I try to edit out to make it easier to read. any plot questions feel free to post.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  2. Blossom_Honey

Blossom_Honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah! Thanks man especially for going out of your way to clarify the more confusing terms. Are you going to continuously edit this file or would you make a separate file for future chapters? I mean if you’re still willing to....

Akai ame, Priar and Mashumello like this.
  3. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ALL HAIL HADEION!! GOD BLESS HADEION!! LONG LIVE HADEION!!! I can't thank you enough for sharing the mtl continuation I can practically go straight to your house to kiss your toes in reverence right now

Btw
    Has the principal's gender been confirmed? I recall they (I'll refer to the principal as "they" for now) are mysterious, never fully show their face, and have a neutral name so gleaning their gender is hard

Akai ame, Priar and Mashumello like this.
  4. violettaC

violettaC Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank y
    thank you so much really appreciate this (≧▽≦)

Priar likes this.
  5. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the chapters where he meets the principal the pronoun she is used several times and there is even a commentary of her being a woman of age 70s so I think it's confirmed that she is female. Also the nickname Yoonie that the first Korean branch association chairman called her - you wouldn't normally call a male that in Korea or outside

I will only do a MTL every big batch of chapters like 50+, because just doing a find and replace on names that MTL tends to mess up is annoying enough that there is no point to keep doing it every chapter. Euishin's name alone will show up in 10 different forms. I don't even do it myself, because I just read the chapters as they come out and remember the plot. The only reason I even put in the effort to edit so much is cuz I like this story enough to reread it and constantly reading Do go Miro as "poisonous maze" hurts my brain. But the downside is that sometimes a labyrinth is now a "miro." *shrugs* I don't know coding so can't improve the replace method.

You guys are welcome to do the same on ridibooks. You can get a free chapter ticket a day just by checking out some other books so you can read the new episodes basically for free while Google auto translates for you.

6. KainCrow

KainCrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it was confirmed as a she, with mention of having appearance of young women despite her being same age around Meng Hyo-don and... I don't remember the name right now but that bread shuttle guy(?)'s teacher as well as Min-Green's teacher, being one of first generation who fought during the.. Great Cataclysm? Well, the word's 대격변.

TXHY and Priar like this.
  7. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will only do a MTL every big batch of chapters like 50+, because just doing a find and replace on names that MTL tends to mess up is annoying enough that there is no point to keep doing it every chapter. Euishin's name alodon't even do it myself, because I just read the chapters as they come out and remember the plot.

You guys are welcome to do the same on ridibooks. You can get a free chapter ticket a day just by checking out some other books so you can read the new episodes basically for free while Google auto translates for you.
    lol you got the comparison ppl wrong. It wasn't that the principal looked the same age as Maeng Hyo-don, who is Euishin's male classmate that he rescued from the fight club. She was in her 70s, the same as Song Man-seok, the Great Iron Arm, grandfather of Song Dae-seok, fellow class 0 first grader. The principal just looked like she was in her 30-40s really.

last little spoiler but not really - korean readers picked it up in the comments back during that confrontation between Neon the Phantom Thief (who goes under another name more recently that I can't recall cuz I skim sections when he appears + Gobbi the apprentice of Merlin) and the Darkness Swordsman of Darkness (lmao)...but now that we only have 2 students left of class 0 who have yet to come to school, and one of them is in the area....

Oh also so when the phantom thief + merlin's apprentice duo shows up, the MTL calls them "officials" -> I checked the kr word on papago and it means "attention seekers." I don't want to mass replace the word "official" so this is FYI. Personally there are only 3 side characters I really dislike in this novel, the stupid ass Bang bread shuttle who causes trouble for everyone bc he's incompetent and a jealous shit, yet has them all looking out for him, and these two who just want attention and try to unmask the Red Wall Thief while Euishin is working his life away trying to save everyone. Screw them.

It felt like a huge foreshadowing from hundreds of chapters ago but this idea is pretty plausible as of chapter 711 so we might have
    Baekho showing up as Baek Ho-gun haha. So many tigers at Silver Light this school year!

No info given about the other missing student but he/she is not in Korea at the moment.

8. Priar

Priar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you:love:

9. violettaC

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you again Hadeion for giving us the chapters \*^o^*/ please continue to give us more chapters.
    Rarities I tried to make a account on ridibooks I can’t read Korean nor do I have the google translator so I will relie on all of y’all keep posting more chapter please^^

Akai ame, Priar and Blossom_Honey like this.
  10. KainCrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for clarification, I did mean that she looked same age around Maeng Hyo-don's teacher- who also taught that guy who tried to fight Eushin for the first day of physical activity class. Looking back what I typed can be easily misread/confusing..

Priar likes this.
  11. Blossom_Honey

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahahahhahahahah! Baekho is definitely holding a grudge over Hwangho for this. (His dream of hearing Baekho being called Baek Hogun-gun is not too far into the future lol). We’ve got three tigers in class 1-0 (including Han Yi) and now we’ve got two descendants and their Tiger grandpa in the new class 0. Lets be honest, Eunho was definitely shoved into class 0 after that stunt he pulled, I mean, you’d have to have a few screws loose to be able to give a full blown lecture on nothing but your brother for 30 minutes straight. Well tbf, he has like 3 of them so probably has enough to work with.

And ok, was no one going to tell me Watchman was a HIGHSCHOOLER WHEN HE DIED?! I thought he was in his 20’s or something, honestly that’s so sad. Watchman is now part of the best boi list no objections taken. He’s such a sweetheart, he took care of Euishin (dude was sobbing when he had to see him off) and he was so happy to be a part of his teacher’s family. (An Dain and Watchman really lucked out lol, they were both so happy to be related to KSR).

Also just got to the part with Lim Yeonhwa and class 3-0, it’s so hilarious to see the gap in their thinking, how they so desperately want to beat her, meanwhile she just calls them her cute disciples and is just, overall, having a good time with them. Really gonna miss these guys.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  12. violettaC

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok Tun Yeon and Eun Ho have already met but that wasn’t in the best situation.
    I think Eun Ho as Eun Ha will soon meet Eun Lee Ho and Eun Sae Ho maybe as classmates in class 0

Priar and Blossom_Honey like this.
  13. Akai ame

Akai ame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is going to be so hilarious (人*´∀`)。*゚+. Also the fact that his lung cancer has not yet been revealed makes makes me think it's going to be revealed in a dramatic situation concerning Euishin's health...well I wonder how Hwang Jiho is gonna respond to that.

Euishin being 100% human is kinda vague though since there have been moments like when he stood before multiple gods but didn't feel any pressure like the watchman even though watchman is quite strong, how the dead souls of underworld didn't try to hold him (though that might be because they perceive that he himself is half-dead or something...this hypothesis is kinda scary but interesting), and the most suspicious thing is this sense of incongruity that even Euishin has noticed that when he used Baek ho's card in player trajectory to fight the Jin people, those who brought evil snow somehow misunderstood him for a Jin or descendent even though he doesn't have any true name. As for the nightmare thingy not much has been revealed but Euishin's connection to night is very clear at this point.

(。•̀ᴗ-)✧ Isn't mountain spirit getting stronger due to Baek ho's training and Euishin got stronger too so it's a bit vague.
    Mountain spirit has been seen to have no association to night except for the fact that it came out at night to guide Euishin the first time they met. But mountain spirit psychic wave is ink black colour so though there are not much clues the hypothesis can't be ruled out completely.

It is an impossible dream.... just give up .....it will hurt less....look at me.... I've already given up.... though still..... still at least one of the two I hope it happens (I guess exchange will happen first)....there is a chance it might happen....may God bless the author-nim so that they're in exceptional physical and mental health.

✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧ Thanks!!! Really a ton especially for including raws upto latest chapter together it will be good to translate it papago translator when I have the free time to re-read (人 •͈ᴗ•͈).

Sure you do that and on that note let me accompany you (*´ω`*).

Baek ho being called Baekhogun-gun....why do I keep thinking of re-enactment of the scene where yeom ga Ram (name might be a bit wrong?) from class 2-0 asked Yong Je Gun to change his name (when it was mistaken that she might be proposing to him and after she said the actual thing everyone was like щ(゜ロ゜щ) .... Euishin would probably have be drunk for that scene to happen though Baek ho gun would probably accept unlike Yong Je Gun (´∩。•¬‿¬•。∩`)
    ...that would be really hilarious (ㆁωㆁ).
    Eun ho is definitely going to class zero it has been determined and set in stone a long time ago (^^). And about watchman ....well it's good to have some surprises....and I really want a good meeting to happen between the in laws and watchman :^) where they are not restrained by time though that would be probably hard...I guess let's just pray that author-nim posts some extras someday though that day will probably come at the end of series... which will probably happen 3 or 4 years from now.... it's kinda sad ....it's the first ongoing series that I'm invested in this much...guess I got to know more about Pain....it's pure misery...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    TXHY, Mashumello and Blossom_Honey like this.
  14. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you, same here. I normally hate long stories cuz chinese stories just drag the story long to milk it for the money, but this series is so engaging and it rather laid a lot of the major plot points from the start so you already know what to anticipate and the author isn't just making random stuff up as it goes along.

My current hypothesis is that Euishin is something like a being who was successfully erased by the 8 bear immortals - like that one chapter where he was talking with the crow demon king in that practice other world attack and they were like "what if the bears actually succeeded using the Wealth and Weight of Life?" and maybe he also was in a state like Eunho where his soul went away to a parallel world and then found his way to Plamago again. Pure conjecture tho!

Eunho is definitely gunning for class 0 from the start haha so he can be a proper junior to Euishin ^^ and probably be able to influence more things and watch out for his descendants

so in the latest chapter, 719 released on jul 19 (lol), we learn some more important info, Euishin theorizes that the psychic wave domination that Junyeol did with the 2nd grade class 0 students was only possible due to the red dragon, and it becomes a stronger force than just the standalone dragon tribe power, bc as Hwang Ho experimented earlier with blue tiger's disciples, jin-jin psychic wave domination wouldn't work. This means only the descendants who can summon the incarnations as their gwanglim which are closer to the root of the power can achieve this. After Euishin learned this his exclusive menu skill leveled up!

Which also means there is a great reason why the black screen keeps trying to kill Yeom Jun Yeol and Kim Shin Rok! Kim Shin Rok can summon both tigers and bears!

I reread the entire novel last night and realized how many little plot points were mentioned in a chapter then we learn about that importance hundreds of chapters later. lol so many rice cakes...when another big reveal comes we might have to read it again to refresh our memories.

Here's a running list of mysteries that will likely be resolved in the future, at some point (all off the top of my head, so missing stuff):

- Kwon Lena learning of her true family with Kwon Jae-in
    - Han-yi finally remembers her past as Cheong Ho/Blue Tiger (remember she gets the same dream of that person wearing blindfolds trying to speak to her)
    - find the rest of the frozen other worlds from the painting (or did we already resolve this? I feel like maybe there are some still left?)
    - Euishin's health issues that even higher beings can't seem to pick up on, maybe due to the influence of the paranormal universe?
    - Euishin's ominous plans for self-sacrifice, because he still left a will as a device message to send out in the future (revealed in ch719)
    - Eunho's descendants meeting Eunho
    - What Euishin will use his death eyes for, and the item that saves someone's life that he got from the underworld
    - The two attention seekers finding out Euishin's other identity
    - finding the 2 remaining truant students of class 0

Major 2nd year events to come (outside of whatever else the black screen cooks up):
    - prevent the shaman betrayal arc and save the shaman candidate (1 month left until event)
    - prevent national assembly member Seong Guk-eon's assassination
    - Youth exchange between Japan-China-Korea
    - demon world scenario with the Swordsman of the Black Forest (going to the demon world via a guide from the crow demon king). This will probably be as long as the Christmas arc of like 50 chaps

feel free to add to this, but figures it might help as reminders.

Priar, Sxypia, Akai ame and 3 others like this.
  15. Blossom_Honey

Reading List:
    Link
    RIP Eunho, he’s going to have to read Euishin’s will 2.0.

Not sure if these count since I think they’ll be solved way into the future but...

Other mysteries:
    - Who did Baekho make a deal with and what did it entail?
    - Where is the Nightmare? (Mountain Spirit is definitely not the Nightmare. He’s just a Mountain Spirit. Personally I think the issue with this question is that no one really understands what a Nightmare actually is (like is it a demon? A person? A demon in a human’s form? Is it intelligent? Is it just a blob or monster?))
    - What’s the deal with Insomnium? He’s been mentioned and referred to several times so he seems really important, I mean, he didn’t show up to the Underworld meeting that’s pretty sus.
    - Why does Euishin not dream?
    - What actually happened 5000 years ago where the Bear clan betrayed the Tiger clan? Because Ungnyeo seems very sus and Eunho also seems to think that there was something more to the situation.
    - Silver Hero getting her name?
    - What happened to Jiho in Plamago?
    - Black Screen?
    - Origin on Interworld Collision? (A theory’s a theory guys) and where do the monsters and world’s come from?
    - That one dude that forcibly activated Do Shihoo’s gwangrim when he was kidnapped as a kid
    - Paranormal Universe?
    - Euishin’s power? (Does it come from Paranormal Universe?)
    - What happened to Baekho’s True Name?
    - Usa? Woosa? That cloud being? And why are the twins evilised?
    - Yong Jegeon’s ascension
    - Is the lawyer player and that elementary schooler going to be relevant?
    - Euishin being the school ambassador (and modelling for Seodol I guess, since he seems to have an idea on how to recruit him lol)
    - The Oaty Knight Guys and whatever stupid things they’re up to
    - That other person who has the fate skill
    - Euishin beating up the reporter who came up with Red Barrier Thief, most emotional fight of the series
    - Maeng Hyodon and the Black Horse (If that ever amounts to anything more)
    - The five hero’s during the Dark Ages (so far I recall Song Manseok (Daeseok’s grandfather and Han River Cycling Team leader), Principal of Silver Light, the previous Principal of Silverlight(?) who’s Seong Siwan’s grandfather, and the last one whom I don’t remember if he’s revealed or not, so something to do with the white horses)
    - Why did Silver Hero’s mother betray the Tigers?
    - How does Gong Cheonhwon (I legitimately cant remember his name sorry it’s been a while) keep managing to find Euishin and would he remember his past?
    - Telling Ham Geunhyung what’s going on
    - Euishin’s inner world and it’s meaning
    - What is the Mountain Spirit’s true identity?
    - Do Shihoo overcoming his sea sickness and finally being able to join the navy (maybe Mugigi blesses him after chilling out?)
    - What’s Nabi-ryeong’s intentions?
    - Why do the erasing cards by the Bear Clan specify “human potential”?

As for the frozen worlds, the Imoogi’s ghost painting shows the location of all of them, it’s just that some of the worlds that are located on the map have come out.

It appears I’ve gone on for a bit, whoops...

And this is just me so feel free to just ignore or whatever, but I feel like Euishin’s siblings will come back somehow. I dunno, just maybe as reincarnations as a peace of mind for him that they’re doing ok or whatever. Or even his parents. It’s just that I feel there’s a lot of regrets that Euishin has towards them which are holding him back from properly moving on. From the little tidbits that we get, I suppose Euishin had a bit of jealousy towards them since he was an only child for a while and now he has to share his parents. But then when he was waiting outside the gate in the Underworld, he remarked how his siblings were afraid of the dark and would come find him when they were scared at night and he would turn on the lights and sleep with them (at least that’s what I got from MTL). And then there was a time when he was being slandered on the Internet in his previous world so he said off-handedly how he distanced himself from his siblings so they wouldn’t become involved. It’s really hard to tell exactly how their relationship was like since Euishin’s perspective is unreliable to an extent, but since his siblings seemed to like him a lot and he also shows a lot of care and love towards them, it feels like there was a good relationship between them for a while, but then the stress of chess tournaments and media probably got to him and their relationship deteriorated. But it could have also have been that he didn’t resolve his jealousy before distancing himself and just gave his care in like small off-handed ways which his siblings picked up on and so were endeared towards him. He’s also had more than a decade to sit and think of their relationship after their death, so things he would’ve found annoying would have now been endearing in his eyes so that’s why he’s so loving.
    Idk guys, what do you think? The MTL doesn’t really give much nuance (if there was any in the first place).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  16. violettaC

Reading List:
    Link
  17. violettaC

Reading List:
    Link
    Cheon Ho became a human following the Rookie.
    Cheon Ho lost her memories as a noble.
    Cheon Ho loved sound but as Han Yi she is half deaf so she focuses on vibration.
    It was easier for Rookie to become human but not so much as Cheon Ho perhaps hearing sound was one of the things she lost
    How did the black screen get Cheon Ho’s belt in the first place:hmm:

Akai ame likes this.
  18. KainCrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Insomnium is the name of the Nightmare- some beings are often referred by nicknames/titles, Nightmare happen to be a nickname of the Insomnium.

This is just a guess by fans but some Korean fans are wondering if this is related to why the Dragon's priestesses has betrayed the Dragons, because the Silver Hero's mother also happen to be a priestess.. A long-shot, in my opinion, but still possible because the confirmed traitor of the Dragon Priestesses is the oldest one and there is no mention of her actual age.

Priar and Blossom_Honey like this.
  19. violettaC

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m a bit surprised that no one has mentioned this.
    Baek Ho’s behavior is strange overall.
    In the novel the scenes in which Baek Ho interferes is different from plagmago.
    Theory Baek Ho is a regressor but can’t interfere directly.
    Plagmago is a world without the star of dawn Euishin.
    The silver hero had already predicted the appearance of the star of dawn before the start of plagmago.
    Is the nickname unknown supernova really a coincidence?
    A supernova refers to the death of a star or a explosion per say.
    Ex rank supporting role in a prestigious academy is giving me major omniscient reader vibe.
    I hope Euishin won’t be self sacrificial like a lot of other mc’s. T.T

Forgetdrunkenmoon, Priar and Cyltea like this.
  20. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking forward to this moment, if it will ever happen. Though somehow I got a feeling once she gets her name she will move on to the underworld... I hope that will never be one of the reasons she stays.
    I actually thought it might be the mastermind himself (since he personally killed the watchman so why not moving by himself?), but considering Shi-hoo's "importance" compared with the watchman, that might be his lackey again, who knows.
    Tbh at first I believed the mountain spirit to be the tiger couple's deceased child (doubled with how the couple visits Mt. Cheonik in the game despite the child didn't die there), but since it has been revealed that An Da-in is their child, I should scratch this
    This. This is the most anticipated moment. Kinda wish the author actually put this in the novel even if it's only as a side story or a tiny bit in the epilogue or something minor