Recommendations (BL) Shou/Uke is an excited husband chaser/madly in love with the Gong/Seme

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by disacestar, Jul 19, 2022.

1. disacestar

disacestar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for novels where the Bottom is very much in love with the Top right from the get-go, and either tries his hardest to get the Top to notice/fall in love with him or silently angsts about his (perceived) unrequited love while longing for the Top's love (a la Chu Wanning).

First of all, HE please!! And no Wife-Chasing Crematorium or Scum gong's, the Seme is either already in love but they're both oblivious or he falls in love with the Uke as well. No abuse novels where Gong treats Shou like crap for 80% of the novel then chases him, the Gong should at worst have mildly disliked the Shou (preferably because of misunderstandings), but not outright terrorised or hurt them in any way.

Issis, uwu_Nabong and Blood A like this.
  2. Shoyura

Shoyura Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/transmigrated-into-a-big-boss-to-snatch-away-the-cannon-fodder/
    Although this one is not exactly the 'MC trying his best to make the top fall in love' , but he pretty much chase the top::blobpeaking::

Description:

Rong Qing transmigrated into the role of a big boss inside a book. Passionate, rich, and extremely good looking.

Yet this kind of big boss character, there were a total of six in the original book. All were embraced and hugged left and right by the original book’s main character Xiao Ziqi.

How can this be in accordance with the values of an upright modern society?

Rong Qing immediately sharpened his (metaphoric) sword and prepared to battle against the other big bosses. He will let them learn that although love was precious, making money was even sweeter!

During this process, he also accidentally picked up a little wolf pup cannon fodder from the original book and started his sweet, yet hilarious new life…

uwu_Nabong likes this.
  3. disacestar

disacestar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooo I’ve actually read this one! I really enjoyed it ^^

Shoyura and uwu_Nabong like this.
  4. Eccentricstate

Eccentricstate ❀ Face-Slapping Champion ❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Devil Venerable Also Wants to Know - closest I could think of. Gong MC is oblivious to the fact that his subordinate is in love with him (Yandere, shou ML)
    Guide on How to Fail at Online Dating - kind of. MC (shou) is trying desperately to get the ML (gong) to like him as revenge for his cousin

I’ll be interested to see if other people have seen this trope because it’s surprisingly not very common

uwu_Nabong likes this.
  5. eternally

eternally Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uwu_Nabong likes this.
  6. BooklessBookworm

BooklessBookworm Sensible Little Sister ꒰ঌ(⃔ ⌯' '⌯)⃕໒꒱

Reading List:
    Link
    These were the first few that came to mind.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/after-a-flash-marriage-with-the-disabled-tyrant/
    There’s a bit of a misunderstanding, but after the MC realizes his feelings he doesn’t hold back on trying. blobmelt_thumbs

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rebirth-to-become-the-presidents-omega-wife/
    I think the description is a pretty good summary of why I recommend it. :blob_plusone:

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/accidental-mark/
    The MC is a gong, but the ML (shou) tries really hard (though he doesn’t really have to) to chase after him. :blobokhand:

Shoyura, uwu_Nabong and missluna like this.
  7. disacestar

disacestar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read Demon Venerable, I very much enjoyed it ^^
    Yeahh, at least when it comes to translated novels, husband chasing tropes aren't nearly as popular as wife chasing, and even when they do they almost always have a "Shou has moved on U-U" plotline, whereas Wife-Chasing never has a "Gong has moved on" segment...

Eccentricstate likes this.
  8. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    disacestar likes this.