After finishing a good novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Mynmyn, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Mynmyn

Mynmyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you do after reading and finishing a good novel? I personally find it hard to move on and start a new story. I tend to reread some of my favorite chapters and scenes. Unless I find an interesting novel to read next, I would be probably reading the novel I just finished for the next few days.

2. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    relish the 5 min post nut clarity and then find another novel to keep the high up. what can i say, im an addict

whimsandfantasies and ruoye like this.
  3. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading another novel of the same genere/premise

whimsandfantasies and trying_out like this.
  4. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    -_- I haven't finished any good novel. Have read 100+ novel till this day but I have finished only 3 of them.
    Strongest system- ending was crap*y
    Historys no 1 founder- I won't say that it can be called good.
    Black tech internet cafe - won't call it a good enough novel and ending was unsatisfying.
    Anyway I have read many novels. But after reading till middle or near the end I quit. Dunno why tho... weird huh?

5. missluna

missluna 《Melon Seed Eater》

Reading List:
    Link
    I always have that empty feeling after reading. But I'm not sad, I'm actually happy that I was able to read that story in this life time. The only thing I would be sad about is that the second reading wouldn't have the same vibes as the first reading.
    And because I've read a lot of word texts, I won't have any interest to read another novel for a moment, so I would start looking for any manga/webtoons to read then back to reading novels again.

QueenofCheshires likes this.
  6. Yasi

Yasi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't finished a novel in years.

7. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've experienced going into a funk and stop looking at new media for a while but that only seems to happen when I watch TV shows. With books, I get the opposite reaction. On finishing a really good book I'm always pumped to start up another one to see if it can capture the same magic.

You just need to read better books. I'd also suggest that you stop reading xianxia novels and other books that are about constantly powering up. These stories are fundamentally flawed so they're going to wear out their welcome sooner or later.

Mr gentleman likes this.
  8. Mynmyn

Mynmyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s kinda sad that the 3 you chose to read until the end, out of all the unfinished novel you’ve read, ended up being unsatisfactory and crappy lmao

I get the empty feeling T T

Mr gentleman likes this.
  9. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno what else can I read tho. I mean all cn/jp/kr novels are either about getting stronger or romance ^-^ and I don't really read romance... So got any suggestions?
    :blobpeek: I'm currently thinking of finishing legendary mechanic let's see if it's satisfying or something.

10. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not even close to being true. There are a lot of different kinds of Chinese webnovels out there, from science fiction to mystery to sports. Yeah sure, a lot of these aren't translated, but there still are some of them out there. Right now I find myself reading a lot of adventure novels. Primarily these can be found in historical novels but they're common in a lot of other genres like wuxia as well.

Speaking of wuxia, this genre is basically what xianxia should look like if it wasn't fundamentally broken. You'll recognize a lot of things from these books because xianxia writers used them as building blocks for their own stories. (Actually all Chinese writers borrow from them extensively.) I would definitely start with Jin Yong as his books are the best things on NU. The Legend of the Condor Heroes is the easiest of his books to start with, but they're all pretty darned good. The added bonus is that they're a good illustration of the uselessness of NU's rating system.

Mr gentleman likes this.
  11. xuexxi

xuexxi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I too get that empty feeling T.T but it's been a long time since I've felt that way. where are all the good books!%@&@?

recently I've been dropping novels on a whim too lolol i hate that bad habit bc my 'completed' list isn't budging but tbf, life's too short (or rather my free time is) to force urself to read what u don't want

12. Luminescent

Luminescent Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I spend a while searching for my next novel to read. And even when I find something I might drop it in the first few chapters. Eventually I get out of it though and start reading something seriously.

13. xiao Yi

xiao Yi I told you to forget me but you stayed by my side.

Reading List:
    Link
    same here _(з」∠)_
    It feels like losing something important and my mind just went poof inside the novel. Though, its a good sign for me. That novel is definitely worth it.
    What I do after that is either reread the bookmarked chapters/parts or do something else unrelated to reading. That's how I can prepare myself to read a new one ~\(≧▽≦)/~

14. Crystalheart10

Crystalheart10 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read another novel which is some or the other way similar and then after some days if i couldn't find any novel or when i am lazy to search for novels I will go back reread finished ones.

15. ruoye

ruoye Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao this is me

FIEND likes this.
  16. Has

Has divorcee and veteran nuffer

Reading List:
    Link
    I immediately binge read another.

17. QueenofCheshires

QueenofCheshires BXG QT Enthusiast (´∩。• ᵕ •。∩`)

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my latest scenario rn :cry: but It's a kdrama. Honestly, I just look for the same thing that caught my liking on that particular film or novel (e.g. plot, genre, character setting). But if I don't find one, I'll just end up feeling empty and It would take me weeks just to loosen my interest and continue on looking for another novel or show that would catch my attention.

18. Cyltea

Cyltea New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's a really good one, search for fanart, fanvid, and ...fanfic(rarely) to fill the hole in my heart. Maybe reread some chapters.
    Try to search a new novel but then be disappointed with the quality. (This happens after I finished LoTM)