Recommendations Pls recommend me good dark manga/manhwa

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by LChurlstorn, Jun 28, 2022.

1. LChurlstorn

LChurlstorn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm running out of thing to read and wanted to have something good to read. Anything dark is okay. If possible, I want a isekai dark/evil MC but anything is okay.
    Isekai Apocalypse MYNOGHRA ~The Conquest of the World Starts With the Civilisation of Ruin~
    I found that and found it good except that the MC is actually kind but rather apathy to deaths.
    I think I want something like Overlord.

Since I request some, I should lay down some dark manga that I enjoyed.
    Gore, rape, and triggering will exist.

• Kamisama no Iiutori
    An old manga that I read a long time ago and really loved it. This is a death game that included world-wide scale.
    • Jigokuraku
    Sets on old Japanese era, death row criminals that are considered very dangerous are gathered and sent to an unknown island where no one ever returned before. The plot and violence itself is pretty dark however, the characters, is surprisingly wholesome.
    • Death Tube
    Really dark and gore manga. It started innocent where the MC has hobby for filming and a beautiful girl in his school asked him to video her 24/7.
    • Juujika no Rokunin
    To be honest, the further I read this, the further things seemed to go south but the author gave quite satisfying gore. This is a revenge manga. MC has his parents died and little brother coma because of his childhood bullies. He then live for revenge.
    • Funouhan
    A psychological thriller where the MC, is like a paid killer however he used psychological trick to do that thus he never lay any hand to the victim. The story revolves around a police (which I greatly dislike) that want to search how to arrest MC.
    • Arifureta Shokugyou Sekai de Saikyou
    I actually hesitate at this because it's only dark in the beginning (betrayal and eating flesh), then proceeding afterward, it became more light as he gain companions. I still like his blunt and sassy personality though.
    • SSS-Class Suicide Hunter
    Well, suicide in itself is pretty dark I think? Long short story, MC is living like RPG. Play till you get the best outcome or repeat/die.
    • Unbreakable
    It's pretty dark regression story. Everyone except MC regressed however, everyone seemed to target him cos he's famous. He had to survive alone facing people that have superior knowledge on the new world and had pretty much lost their humanity.
    • Oshi no Ko
    An idol manga that involves dark theme. Tbh if I summarize this, it'll become spoiler so I'll just put the gist. MC enters entertainment world for revenge.
    • Meccha Shoukan Sareta Ken
    I'm not really sure with this yet. The MC had yet show his actual trait to people. However, it is rather dark with the personalities of the characters. MC has been summoned numerous time before he actually stays in one world. He is apathetic to his surrounding and people.
    • Dolls Code
    I don't remember much about this but I remember liking it but disappointed at the ending(?). It's also almost like death game or suspecting each other game. Numerous people woke up in a place and they don't remember anything.
    • Brutal: Satsujin Kansatsukan No Kokuhaku
      Just a homicide detective takes matter into his hand when he found some scums beyond help and gave a satisfying end for them.
    • Fukushuu O Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha Wa, Yami No Chikara De Senmetsu Musou Suru
      I remember when reincarnated/regressed heroes starting to pop out one by one but this one is my first and always will be my favorite. MC just went 180 degree change and become batshit crazy in a good way.
    • Isekai Ntr ~Shinyuu No Onna Wo Saikyou Skill De Otosu Houhou~
      Uhm, I'm not sure to label it as rape...it's rape. MC is overly protective of his companion with logical and realistic reason. He decides to use the only skill he has as a scum person he is to protect his companion.
    • Tomodachi Game
    Best death game I have ever read other than Kamisama no Iiutori. Well, not death but money but in society, money is almost equal as life don't they? MC is greatly twisted person and the situation forces him to go back to his former self.
    • It's Sudden, But I Came To Another World! But I Hope To Live Safely
      Title and summary sounds like usual cliche isekai manga, however, the MC is completely helpless in term of power. However, he understands the work of evil/scums very well. Too well. I love it when the MC "turns" but ig sticking on the slice of life is good at the same time.
    • Kon'ya wa Tsuki ga Kirei desu ga, Toriaezu Shine
    This manga's title sticks on my head because it left quite an impression. The meaning of the tittle is, "The moon tonight is beautiful, more importantly, die". I laughed in surprise when I read that. It's about a disease that causes a person who loves so much that they want to kill them.
    • Torikago no Tsugai
    This is my personal favorite. A death game where group of people is trapped in a place together. I really like the MC who is low-key smart and very introverted.

I remember more but couldn't remember the exact title. Please drop some(many) recommendation that have either good dark plot or MC. If possible, please no romance.

CrimsonHazel and Woho0 like this.
  2. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm maybe not that dark compared to what you've mentioned, but try this manhwa "The Red Book of Dreams" (우리집에 왜 왔니). It's episodic, and each episode/chapter(?) mostly has an open ending. Quite dark in a sense, I'd say..... or is it just horror? Dunno :p

3. phoenix107

phoenix107 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading " From the red fog", it has a nice dark theme and I really like the mc, tho theres a small scene of rape (mostly offscreen)

There's also happy massacre end

TXHY likes this.
  4. Undying Winter

Undying Winter ❅ Avid Enjoyer of Trash ❅

Reading List:
    Link
    Bastard[​IMG]
    This is a psychological thriller where the MC finds himself living with a serial killer who just so happens to be his own father.

The Murderers[​IMG]
    (Directly from the synopsis because I'm bad at describing plots) Everyone dies. Death by aging. Death by accident. Death by... homicide. Three murderers know this final death all too well. One kills for art, one for a reason, and one kills for the taste. Offered a contract by an enigmatic company, they may kill in any manner they desire so long as they leave the bodies for... harvesting.​

FlufflyLittleRabbit and TXHY like this.
  5. Woho0

Woho0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Get Stronger the More I Eat
    MC only cares about getting stronger, by eating others, but still acts human to cooperate with others.

Redo of Healer
    He went back in time 4 years, and uses his knowledge of the future to get revenge for the 4 years of torture and (sexual)abuse, but also to get strong enough to change the course of history. He doesn't hold back on using torture, rape and brainwashing.

Umareru Kachi no Nakatta Jibun ga Anna no Tame ni Dekiru Ikutsuka no Koto
    MC went back in time, but as he has a bad memory, he can't really make much use of that. But instead of being a shut-in, in this redoing he is determined to not end up like that. Spoiler: he rapes and kills some
    kids and end up becoming a corrupt police officer.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  6. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn I read this but forgot the title so I made a Forgotten Title thread and yet I find the title here :blobjoy:
    Thanks a lot man!

7. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IDK, but if you don't mind dark comedies, herea are my favorite ones:
    Jormungand
    Youjo Senki
    Hellsing
    Drifters
    Black Lagoon
    Black Joke

Others, maybe:
    Darker than Black
    Grimgar of Fantasy and Ashes (there are novel & anime adaptation, not sure if it's got manga nor it's current translation progress)
    Gantz series
    Berserk
    Claymore
    Black Butler
    Death Notes
    AoT
    Gunm (a.k.a Battle Angel Alita)
    Red Eyes (not sure if this could be catagorized as dark one, but it's definitely got it's own gore galore)
    Marginal Operation
    Gangsta

Yonaz likes this.
  8. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Youjo Senki is kind of dying off for me, Carlos Zen tried to fit WWII into WWI but because the situations are different, all that ended up doing was cause a lot of plotholes, especially when the "Allies" blame "not Germany" for the war that they somehow forgot that they declared.

Is Red Eyes still continuing translation? I used to follow it until the translator went on hiatus and I think it has been 20 years or more by now.

9. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last ch translation was +/- 20 days ago, vol 22*. AFAIK the group's source is the Indonesian official print & unfortunately no further vol yet released by Level Comic (the official Indonesian translator & print of Red Eyes) after vol 24 while the original's latest is 25

* On Mangadex

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  10. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Ingoshima it's dark asf

11. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually dark mangas i've read:
    Oyasumi Punpun
    Kasane

Those two left me so fked up in my mental psyche and I definitely would never read it again. It's not the kind of "edgy dark" manga but more "depressing tragic existentialist horror manga"

12. M. Haythem

M. Haythem New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure of how dark you might consider these ones, but they should work more or less:
    Franken Fran/Franken Fran Frantic
    Pumpkin Night
    GantZ
    Jigoku Sensei Nūbē (some chapters, not all)
    Shiki

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  13. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Shiro-Tensei

Shiro-Tensei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fukushuu Kyoushitsu
    Sukedachi 9
    Dark gathering
    Real Account
    Jinmen
    Fort of Apocalypse
    Starving Anonymous

15. iwillsay

iwillsay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dark themed isekai :
    roxanna/the way to save the female lead's older brother
    depths of malice (has sm*t in r19)
    the beast tamed by the villainess
    i failed to abandon the villain
    olgami

BusraM likes this.
  16. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    horror
    • planatarian humans- humans who have tiny civilizations inside them
    • afterword- murderer who publishes his murders as an afterword in newspapers
    • moon you- only human on the moon
    • the saviors time
    • infleuncer of the apocalypse
    • prey
    • who is prey
    • tidal territory
    • gyo
    • damn lucky day
    • vending machine
    • hive- bug apocalypse
    • darwin game
    • apocalypse no toride
    • ajin
    • green worlds- plant apocalys
    • cage of eden- shit survivl manga
    • death field
    • i will die soon
    • dead days
    • bastard
    • household affairs
    • fake human
    • strangers from hell
    • tales of unusual
    • friday freaky tales
    • unusal mysteries
    • strange tales of zhang
    • monkey peak
    • vending machine

Deleted member 343051 likes this.
  17. CrimsonHazel

CrimsonHazel [Sarcastic Green Tea]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ousama Game
    Real Account
    Jinrou Game
    Tomogui Kyoushitsu
    Ijimekaeshi
    Judge
    Doubt
    Secret
    Dead Company
    Shuuenchi
    To You We were Demon
    Doku Mushi

18. Deleted member 343051

Deleted member 343051 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    • Kedamonotachi no Jikan
    • Dansei Kyoufushou datta Watashi ga AV Jouyu ni Naru made no Hanashi
    • Summer Ghost (Loundraw)
    • Utsukushii Kare
    • Juujika no Rokunin
    • Watashi no Otto wa Reitouko ni Nemutte Iru

19. FlufflyLittleRabbit

FlufflyLittleRabbit Fluff...Fluffy....FLUFFYYYYY!

Reading List:
    Link
    • Everything is Fine (Webtoon) - both main characters are normal couples, normal life, normal jobs--everything is normal. Although this webtoon has a cute art style but doesn't let it deceive you. The story is really dark and creepy.
    • Distant Sky (Webtoon)
    • Gremoryland (Webtoon)
    • All of Us are Dead (Webtoon)
    • #Killstagram (Webtoon)
    • Sweet Home (Webtoon)
    • Pandora Hearts
    • Goblin Slayer
    • Shadow House
    • The Promised Neverland
    • Miss Guillotine (Manhwa)