Why do you continue to live?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pass1478, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Deleted member 456425

Deleted member 456425 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I think about being dead, but the thought of actually dying just too much. If i die, then I die. If I live, then I live. I'll just fill my time with things I enjoy doing.

Deleted member 445404 likes this.
  2. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm:.... what should I say? I mean I don't really like to live... but it's not like I can just die either...I mean :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:I have thought of just ending it all and tried to too couple of times... But when the last step comes I would always make excuse saying " It's gonna be really painful..so let's not do that". And at last when I found a completely painless process(at least I heard it is) and tried :sweating_profusely: I freaked out... And then I realized I just don't want to die yet. At least not by my own hand. So :blobsleepless: here I'm living for the sake of living without any motivation or aspiration... So yeah I'm living...... for no reason I guess and I don't really think you need a reason either:blobpeek:. For I'm sure whatever reason you are living for is gonna get erased by time.... Anyway the summary of the whole rant is- I'm a coward, I can't die so I'm living.

3. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do I live?

How can I die before reading every Manga I love reach the ending?

How can I die before playing every games that appeared in the past, now or in the far future?

How can I die before finishing all the novel I read?

How can I die before my favorite Vtuber graduate?

How can I die when my favorite Games, Novel, and Manga haven't been turned into Anime for me to watch?

I ask myself. How can I die before enjoying this life of mine to the fullest?

Because, while there's darkness creeping on every corner of my life, there's also light that shone through my life and make me clinging on this pitiful life of mine..

Vico likes this.
  4. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    I was about to comment this:blobrofl:.

Esha07 likes this.
  5. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes, it's a good thing that I'm not courageous. I'm not brave enough to commit suicide.

6. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am alive but I’m not living. I am simply existing~

7. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    We barely have any choice left ( V_V)/

8. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    (._.)/ yeah it's like a MCQ where every choice are the same....

XD another comrade!

Esha07 likes this.
  9. Esha07

Reading List:
    Link
    Right...still miserably failing

Mr gentleman likes this.
  10. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    *Pats you* *pats myself* yeah we are probably dumb and choose multiple answer when we are supposed to choose only one.

Esha07 likes this.
  11. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t wanna like but like I also don’t wanna die I just would rather not have been born but only reason I’m still alive is cause I wanna see my enemies die thanks to Covid some have died

12. Esha07

Reading List:
    Link
    Comrade...we are hopeless

Mr gentleman likes this.
  13. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes indeed... But let's continue living this hopeless life and see where it goes:blobhighfive:!

Esha07 likes this.
  14. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    If everybody had that mindset, society would collapse. I know plenty of fathers who only live solely for their family, telling me that if they were all alone, they would instantly take their lives. It's the weight of responsibility that chains them from jumping off the building. Yes, that: responsibility. Many people, typically parents, don't have their own lives as their main priority anymore, it's not just their lives to live now.

But yeah, you're also right if seen from another angle. Is satsifying responisbility but a mean of reaching satisfaction, that all this "selfless mindset" has a selfish core belief?

15. Esha07

Reading List:
    Link
    Very roundabout way of being positive but yes ! :blobpats:

16. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    I still find it interesting that people gave real thought towards this thread I made in a drunken stupor.

17. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    well, i didnt see it from that perspective. what i meant was if your sole purpose in life is just to mate, have children and then your whole world revolves around raising those said children- you are no different from an NPC charecter or your average mammal.
    sure its noble in a different angle. but when it boils down to it, that is just a feeble excuse to continue onward. however if you were to say , raising the next gen is secondary and not the sole purpose of your existence, you become suddenly less pathetic

18. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the individual who imbues his life with meaning, whatever the meaning may be, be it selfish or selfless, be it living for himself or for others, be it believing in his own principles or in the values prescribed by any organized religion. The only real shift that has happened in the recent decades is the erosion of religious values in favour of personal ones, but personal values also encompass belief in religious teaching or grander, communal values for those who still choose to believe in them.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  19. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree with you. with out purpose or reason it is hard to move on in life. to which you have changed my mind about op's post on living on due to the next gen

otaku31 likes this.
  20. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Embrace Epicureanism and live free of worry. For why worry when death is inevitable. Since it's inevitable, it's not to be feared or anticipated. Bring joy and pleasure into your life one way or another (no drugs tho, that's illusory pleasure and brings more pain). So when you lie on your death bed, you don't feel regretful that you wasted your life. It's a waste not to live. People in the worst possible conditions keep on living and struggling every day, because dying doesn't mean they save themselves from these conditions. It means they gave up on themselves, and that's like losing the game as their oppressors win. "Why should my life be less precious then theirs?" You may even say that we live out of spite.