Recommendations Kingdom-building whit dynasty/house-building

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by samurai99, Jul 28, 2022.

1. samurai99

samurai99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,

I'm currently reading Mediterranean Hegemon of Ancient Greece, which really hooked me up to a point I didn't expected to. I really like that genre of Kingdom-building whit a mix of dynasty building, since the mc expands his kingdom not only whit warfare but also whit politics and political marriages. He not only cares about his kingdom, but also about his own family, his blood.

I have also read Road to Kingdom, but I dropped it because although it was the genre that I like, but the author put to much emphasis on the nightlife of the mc who at some point had like a hundred concubines and hundreds of kids who remained nameless for the sake of our poor brains. I don't like when the mc's goal is to get a massive harrem.

There was also Duke Pendragon, that I liked at the beginning but then dropped afterwards because it was the exact opposite of Road to Kingdom, the mc is like a soyboy who runs away from his own wife's attempt of getting intimate.

Mediterranean Hegemon is right in between these 2 previous novels, not a disgusting perverted who's sole purpose is matting, not a soyboy who's sole purpose is revenge, right the middle ground. So guys, if you know any novel similar to Mediterranean Hegemon, I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks

anotherAniket likes this.
  2. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I currently read "Tyranny of Steel". It's an original on webnovel. I just read a couple chapters, but so far it has a lot of potential to be an amazing kingdom building novel.
    I don't know if there is any dynasty building though and as of Mediterranean Hegemon, it is also on my plan to read list :D

samurai99 likes this.
  3. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    Back To The Beginning Of Ming To Do Charity was really good. It's literally the founding of a new dynasty, with world building and a lot of battles.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/back-to-the-beginning-of-ming-to-do-charity/

There's no romance until the end-- and then it's super brief. I hesitate to call this a BL because there's no indication until then. It's more accurate to say it features a MC that just happens to be gay. A lot of people got mad because they got "tricked" into reading a BL. There's a forum if you want to see spoilers. Anyways, just letting you know...

4. samurai99

samurai99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The synopsis hooked me up, I think I'm gonna start reading it. Thanks

I forgot to mention it but there was also Release that Witch (the synopsis of Tyranny of Steel reminded me of this novel), which is an awesome Kingdom-building novel. A tiny bit of romance, but in general it's a really great novel. So I think you might like it.

Elementarteilchen likes this.
  5. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried reading Mediterranean Hegemon of Ancient Greece but the long ass names totally put me off, apart from that, what did you think of it? Did it have any modern tech?

samurai99 likes this.
  6. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy Roman Empire - Novel Updates
    I read up to around chapter 1000 and would have to say there is little focus on family but a large focus on intrigue and geopolitics, including wars. Not fully translated but the machine translations were somewhat decent.

samurai99 likes this.
  7. BloodOwl6648

BloodOwl6648 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am reading currently "the innkeeper" though not exactly is a kingdom building but takes a similar style and is quite good

samurai99 likes this.
  8. samurai99

samurai99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The names don't bother me at all, since I'm a European, the names are ok. The only problem I have is the fact that I'm up to date, so I wait 2 weeks for new chapters, thus there are characters that I ultimately forget.
    There is no modern technology whatsoever nor any fantasy elements besides transmigration.
    What I like the most is the lack of plot armor protecting the mc (at least it seems like there is none imo). Every single problem is solved logically and also the bad guy (the true bad guy) is really cunning and smart unlike most novels.

It's a very good novel, you should continue reading it.

Alright, I added it to my read list. Thanks

This one too. Thanks a lot