Spoiler Beast of the Frozen Night / 얼어붙은 밤의 짐승

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Jan 31, 2022.

1. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/beast-of-the-frozen-night/

https://ridibooks.com/books/3302001261?_rdt_sid=event-subgroup&_rdt_idx=0&_rdt_arg=list

https://play.google.com/store/books/details/얼어붙은_밤의_짐승_1?id=iu9EEAAAQBAJ&hl=en&gl=US

Description:
    County Libelois suffered an astronomical compensation due to the successor’s mistake.

On behalf of the older brother who could not pay the compensation,

Anne leaves for the North as she was pushed by her family and becomes the Grand Duchess.

The Grand Duke Daymond Cromund, whom she met there, was not as old as the rumors suggest, and was somewhat secretive…

“If I gave birth to an heir, please let me leave.”

“Arrogant. If you want a child, you would have to take my seeds every day.”

For a moment, Anne screamed/cry out, reassured by the Grand Duke’s appearance, who willingly accepted her proposal.

Every time he held her, his face was filled with anger.

Daymond held her sadistically as the nights went by.

Anne was confused by the sight of the Grand Duke, who was constantly holding her while enduring his anger.

Did she spit out a forbidden word?

—————

ML is trash who makes FL suffer for revenge/past life misunderstanding which according to a review was so trivial it was ridiculous bc
    The reason the male lead insulted and tormented her day and night is because she never doubted and believed the lie of her supporting character in her previous life, and she was frightened in advance and ran away from a frank conversation with her husband.
    Did they both reincarnate or does FL just remember a few things from past life especially the misunderstanding bc OP says that FL is angry at the evil deed she believes her husband committed in her previous life.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
  4. 0couchpotato0

0couchpotato0 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. trashconsumer

trashconsumer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please! Especially about this "Marie" character. :blob_plusone:

6. webnovelinfo

webnovelinfo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Someone's review for this novel"

Currently, the ML is a boorish, overly-controlling AH, who is obsessed with people not touching things which are "his".
    He is also a wife rapist. There's no way around it. I find him disgusting and violent. He has neither sympathy nor empathy, and negative amounts of consideration for his innocent wife.
    He is brutal and unpleasant in the bedroom to "punish" our MC for something he never fully explains she's guilty of. Most likely not giving him the worship he feels he deserves. Or from her proposing that she have a child she is willing to abandon with him in order to be free of both him and her garbage family. Rather than realizing she said this out of uncertainty, misunderstanding, and fear, and trying to make her feel welcome, loved, and safe, he chooses to be a raping, horrible, a-hole for not giving him the answer he wanted, while calling her a who*e for at least trying to get the benefits of being a Duchess out of this BS deal that allows him to hurt her every night.
    I currently cannot tell if he is some sort of supernatural creature, such as werewolf. The cloak of broody angst and mystery is thick with this one. I strongly suspect he has been stalking her and set her brother up, but this is not confirmed. The prologue chapter suggests that at some point, she will get amnesia, and, oblivious to his horrible prior treatment, they become lovey dovey... until she remembers he's a r*per creep and then he gets to suffer.
    I am living for this man suffering, so I hope it happens soon. I want him to suffer SO MUCH. If he suffers enough to satisfy, I will raise my rating. However, the raping is brutal, and one "round" goes on for chapters and chapters. If that portion of the story goes on much longer, I don't think many readers would be willing to last through it to get to the hoped-for vengeance bit.
    Read if control, possession, and legit, graphic, non-con is your kink.
    Avoid if you want to see healthy relationships or get trigged by sexual abuse.

7. llaladeriver

llaladeriver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is really typical r-19 knovels plot that makes me think what's the point of all these stories

Ice_Rose likes this.
  8. jax0316

jax0316 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know about Marie is she really his lover??

9. blooming_lotus

blooming_lotus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the MTL on Ridi, I read it really quickly so I probably will get some minor details wrong:

Marie is not his mistress/lover, but she's been paid or hired by the Duke to pretend to be so (so that he could coerce Anne's family to marry her to him). Anne finds this out by asking Marie about a scar on the Dukes stomach or smth, knowing he doesn't have a scar there, and Marie answers incorrectly.

This is the most frustrating dumb shit ever. But the Duke is some sort of immortal being. And he was raised alongside the only other immortal being in existence at the time, Luciel (side character idk). Luciel was super lonely since he didn't have anyone else until the Duke. And the way the immortal power works is that when the immortal being has a child, they stop being immortal and the power transfers to their child. Luciel didn't want the Duke to become mortal ever, so he lied to the Duke and said all immortal beings like them are infertile.

200 years ago the Duke fell in love with Anne's past reincarnation and obviously they fucked like bunnies. And that Anne realized she was pregnant. She asked the Duke what he thought about having children. And idk why the Duke didn't just clearly say here he thought he was infertile. But instead he got super angry at past!Anne and yelled at her that they'll never have children ever. Past!Anne got scared, assuming (as we all would in this scenario tbh) that the Duke hates children and might do something to their unborn child if he finds out she's pregnant. She runs away to have the baby in secret but dies in the process, and the Duke stumbles upon her and the child's bodies at the last moment. He assumes she ran away because she had gotten pregnant with another man's lover (since he thinks he's infertile) and is super pissed. So naturally (sarcasm) when current Anne shows up he does every shitty thing possible to break up her engagement with the other dude and gets her to marry him and then he treats her like fucking shit, having super rough sex (he even forces her to give him a blowjob outside in the cold and she passes out for like, days, and then as soon as she recovers he almost brutally fucks her again. Like jesus christ idk) and just in general being the biggest asshole to her possible. As revenge for her past reincarnation (who at this point in the story current Anne has no idea about) cheating on him.

Oh also. current Anne's family was super abusive towards her and is always trying to take advantage of her. She's had a tough fucking life and she's really done nothing wrong, especially in her current life, so like. I just don't understand the ML being such an asswipe but whatever.

At some point she considers running away and mentions to her shitty brother that she doesn't think she'll have the Duke's child. And her brother flips the fuck out because he wouldn't be able to take advantage of her position as the Duchess if she runs away without having the Dukes kid. So he arranges for some rando to rape and impregnate her. Ofc the Duke shows up to save her and I think in the middle of all this drama (there was more I just cant remember) the Duke starts acting like an actual somewhat considerate human being to her.

Anne stumbles upon a secret room in their castle that has a hella old painting of a woman that looks exactly like her (past anne's portrait) and she starts getting her memories back from past!Anne's life. In the midst of this she finds out she's pregnant (sigh) and learns that the Duke was the reason past!Anne and their baby died and loses her mind. She tells the Duke and the Duke still doesn't believe he's fertile and at this point Anne is just like ok then fucking kill me right now like you killed me in the past. And FINALLY the idiot Duke realizes something is wrong and goes back to Luciel and finds out he lied to him all this time, he can father children, and past!Anne was pregnant with their child and never betrayed him.

Cue intense groveling of the Duke to Anne who is not having it. He gives her clothes and jewelry, and she's like, I don't want any of this. All I want is to be divorced from you. And ofc shitty Duke is like, no you can't leave me wahhhh. Anne has a terrible pregnancy having to deal with all of this. And at one point the Duke lets her stab him with her crochet needles (ok idk why this made me laugh tbh its pretty dark) to alleviate her pain and to get revenge and she honestly goes for it but then after a bit realizes its a shitty thing to do (because she's not a sociopath like the Duke). The rest of the novel after this is a blur to me because ofc Anne starts to forgive him and that was annoying and boring to me as a reader. So it is a happy ending, she has the baby safely and they're all a happy family now.

Elisee, Eelillya, Kiasuka and 22 others like this.
  10. jax0316

jax0316 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you are the best!!!

11. Galaxies_pob

Galaxies_pob Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well,thanks for ya spoils ,I just hesitating to read tho ಠ︵ಠ

lylac and blooming_lotus like this.
  12. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, there is no way I'm gonna sit through this shit, abuse, rape, that's some really bad recipe for my stomache, I was traumatized enough reading 'Love Doesn't Matter' though the raping only happen for 4 times there. Y'know in K-novels, they always forgive the husband no matter how trashy he is as long as they don't cheat, I wonder why.

Ice_Rose, evanesco99211, Ac03 and 3 others like this.
  13. twilight_123

twilight_123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These ML can go to hell n get tortured brutally...:blobcat_hyper:

Can someone tell me is there any one character in this book who is a good person...n maybe even has the power to take FL out of this hell...:blobflag:....she doesnt deserve all this....

14. blooming_lotus

blooming_lotus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is one good guy if I remember correctly. Her original fiance, the engagement the ML breaks at the beginning to marry her is one of her good friends and also remembers his past life so he knew something was up with the Duke and helped the FL figure it out, and I think he was going to help her escape throughout the story. Though of course that doesn't end up going anywhere she since forgives the ML and decides to stay as the Duchess smh

15. Mrshokage

Mrshokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yes let's just believe Luciel and not have trust or faith in the woman I love. Let me take it out on her decades later because how dare she. Finds out he royally fucked up and now begs for forgiveness idiot

16. cuppa.jo

cuppa.jo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused why Damien even believed Luciel's lie. If it was true that all immortal beings were infertile, then how tf was he born? Immaculate conception? Luciel even says he knew his father, so how did he manage to pass off this lie believably??

Elisee, Nada Amore and evanesco99211 like this.
  17. Nada Amore

Nada Amore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So now there poor kid is immortal?

18. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I absolutely love this reviewer's analysis of this story.

19. Adam01

Adam01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, correct me if im wrong, I wanna read this novel from NovelUpdates page and go straight forward to the novel's web by clicking the chapter in update chapter list, but when I clicked it, it doesn't go to the novel's web. Am I do it wrong or something else, because it was more six months I've never read novels from NovelUpdates? Can someone please tell me?