Election System

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Neiri, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am making a story and in there the "election" system has no candidates or rather all are candidates. Here potentials and experience are measurable and the best are elevated into the position they are most likely to succeed.

What is your opinion on this?
    What is the flaws(every election system has flaws)
    What are the advantage and disadvantages?

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    election of what?
    the purpose?
    the goal?
    the rule?
    the enforcement?

hey creating system, manage it, maintaining is no small effort so be detail cuz this cat no idea are you talking about government, idol contest, beauty contest or what?

MangoGuy and otaku31 like this.
  3. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    How are people monitored and evaluated for their potential and experiences? Is there a "System" or is this just a man-made process/system? Is there some sort of global System/system where everyone is constantly and passively monitored? Do people need to carry a device with them at all times? When does experience monitoring start, from birth or once they take on a job?

That said, if getting a job is a completely merit-based, then it isn't a true "election" because no one needs to or gets to chose who they want to fill a job position. Also, you didn't mention it, but can people opt out of being assigned to a job. For example, the MC may be naturally good at doing something (physically or mentally), but it's not something they want to spend the rest of their life doing. Or perhaps they have a personal conflict with a coworker or boss. How can they leave their current job and go to another job if the system automatically rates and pigeon holes them into their current job?

4. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    I elect myself president of the universe

5. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not specified because I have yet think of it yet. The idea just appear in my mind as the time of posting.
    As of now,my initial thought is the species is like a hivemind but with still semblance of individuality.

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    then it still too early for opinion this cat suggest further research on government system from past to present; the economy system such capitalist, communist and such; religion organization such as the church etc~ just light read to give idea organization structure and hierarchy~ if the system on your mind also impact social culture then maybe light read such source~